It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a born leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What do I do? I fight for, stand up for, help, and protect the Youth. It gets me ridiculed at times, hell, I'm even called some really bad names, but those are all part of having the guts to fight.

People are always going to attempt to get you to shut up or back down, no matter what area of work you have, what you do, there are always "HATERS"

Let me start at the beginning. This all started with a dream I had, years ago. I was driving a school bus, and the city was hit by a tidal wave. I drove around the city with kids in the school bus, as it was slashing around in the waves, can even remember the screams of "close the doors!" and then just waking up in a cliff hanger. I didn't think anything of it at first. Then I volunteered at the elementary school my brothers went to. One day turned into three years volunteering. Whether it was as a basketball coach after school, playing basketball with them during lunch, playing soccer, red light-green light or tag when I helped out at lunch. The walkathons, book fairs, reading books to the kids in the classroom, and even chaperoning on field trips where everybody wanted to be in my group, the kids at that school looked up to me. Even my friends niece and nephew, they did not have a role model, and I hung out at the friends house, ended up reading the niece a bedtime story and playing a video game with their nephew.

It goes beyond that,

1. A school in england banned high-fives and handshakes, I spoke out against them and called them out on it.

2. Another school in england had ties cut with them between the county council, so I created a petition for them to continue funding. Received 100+ signatures in 2 days.

3. The botox mom hoax was an opportunity for me to create a petition for an 18 year old minimum age restriction to receive injections. 99 signatures, only needed one more.

4. The big one. A minor got detained in the emirates for adultery, which I saw as a wrongful conviction, and I emailed letters to everybody from the state department, to human rights organizations, to the lawyer of the case himself, all for a girl I don't even know, fighting to keep her alive. Even stayed up past 40 hours at one point.

So if there is ever a leader for the youth, without a doubt, I can be that leader. I fight for them all the time, although one kid today told me, you're not my role model material, and that's fine with me. Some kids want Hanna Montana and Xbox to be a role model.

If I have haters, well so be it. Stay Priceless.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Not sure what you want to achieve with this thread :c

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

Great. good for you man sounds like you got something really good to be centered in....
like yooourself

edit on 23-8-2011 by supergod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

i hate to toot my own horn....

so Why are you tooting yours??

no really--- i've "upped my donations" to charities this year..

so up yours.... to the best ones around

edit on 8/23/11 by darrman because: no puns intended

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Mate

Just a word of advice.

If you are deadset fairdinkum, I'd suggest staying well below the radar, lest someone peg you as a Lex Luther and not a Clark Kent.

Cheers
edit on 23-8-2011 by myselfaswell because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You had 99 signatures, and did not get the last one? Next you proceed to highlight this as a main point to your argument on an internet forum? Yuck. How is that a leader? That is the worst situation. Your lack of finding 1 more vote seems to have dismantled the issue. It seems that you have caused 99 people to lose a little more hope, instead of finishing what you started. How hard would 1 more vote have been? You may have good intentions, and a good heart; I don't know, but I certainly do not see you as a champion for youth. Finding 100 signatures over an issue that most people agree with would take me less than a day. Leadership requires success. You would be better off leaving that entry off of your resume if you are looking to get praise and encouragement from others.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am happy that you help others, but allow me to leave you with some words of wisdom;

"He who wants to be a leader should be the last to lead."

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"It is a sign of humble piety to help and give in secret."

Peace to you, keep helping others, but be sure to guard your intentions.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I so pose your parents have a bumper sticker stating, My kid is an honor kid!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
“The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say 'I'. And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say 'I'. They don't think 'I'. They think 'we'; they think 'team'. They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but 'we' gets the credit.... This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.”

- Peter F. Drucker

No offense but it sounds like you call yourself a leader for the wrong reasons. People are need true leaders for merit or esteem but because of a passion to express their ideals. Just remember that...
edit on 23-8-2011 by vlady95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You just threw yourself to the wolves.

I for one will star and flag. It makes me feel good to see there's good people out there with good intentions just letting everyone know "We're still here and trying!"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

the conductor ,, on a train,, thinks himself a "leader" of people..

but is it not,, the Engineer ,, who is behind the scenes ??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I wanna fly into the Sun.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I wanna fly into the Sun.

move over,,,I'm driving..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Anyone who would proclaim themselves to be a leader in this manner most definately is NOT .

A leader is chosen not by him/her self.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

Anyone who would proclaim themselves to be a leader in this manner most definately is NOT .

A leader is chosen not by him/her self.

Clearly, this is true. Leaders somehow fall into leading, are requested to lead, and it naturally evolves. People who are jumping up and down saying they want to be the leader, are usually not the best choice. Not always, but usually.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

reply to post by angeldoll

Very true! The best leaders never proclaim themselves as such, even if they know deep down inside they are best suited amongst their peers. Self proclamation is the path of the tyrant.

True leaders never make announcements or proclamations of their value to lead. They just simply do what they do, and others choose to follow them.

top topics

join