It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are trying to destroy the First Amendment RIGHT NOW!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Have you notice what is going on right in front of your eyes? Perhaps not.

The elite, through the media, are testing our United Stated Constitution right now.

The first attack is coming through the Westboro Baptists. These are the idiots who
picket funerals of soldiers and homosexuals. The goal is to find their freedom of speech and right to practice religion ILLEGAL.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN WE STOMP ON THE RIGHTS OF ONE GROUP, WE STOMP ON OUR OWN?

You can't have it both ways, folks. Once we take away rights from one and constitutional protections, we also take away our own. This group was creating and being demonized to bring forth the BANNING OF THE FIRST AMENDMENT. If you fall for this trap, you are a fool.

CONSIDER THE WESTBORO A FALSE FLAG.

The second manner in which they are trying to destroy our First Amendment rights are through that of these flash mobs. The right of peaceful assembly is protected by the first amendment.

People have a right to assemble. It is only when it crosses the line of "peaceful" that right are no longer protected. I don't care if 10 or a million people assemble, as long as they are peaceful and break no laws, they are protected. If they break one law, then they should and will be arrested.

We are going to see more of these flash mobs, and if you trace back who actually instigates them, you will undoubtedly see that the ones who start them are tied to the elite in some manner.

People better wake up and fast. The more you cry to the right of you neighbor to be taken away, you are also calling for the death of your own freedoms and rights.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Westboro Baptists? geeeeez they are scum!!!!

Its a tricky one... everyone wants them stopped.. but it means adding more clauses to your official legal rights.

More clauses aint such a bad thing... gotta be carefull tho that they dont stomp all over everyone elses too!

Its a slippery slope so it is!

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The the quote I have in my signature:

The biggest test of our resolve is not what we are willing to fight against happily but what we are willing to fight for even when it hurts.

Slippery slope are always traps.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What is the whole purpose of this anyway?... I just don't get why these people hate on everything.

Why don't they just move their hating asses down to Mexico or something.
Yes, I know, they'd just get shipped back. Duhhh.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm not aware of a single case working it's way up to the Supreme Court that challenges the 1st amendment. Why do you think it's being threatened?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The powers that be have successfully punked you, dude. They tell one group of people that they have a certain right. Then they tell a second group of people that they have a certain right that just so happens to conflict in someway with one of the rights that they told the first group about. Then they tell the first group what the second group is doing. The first group gets mad and reacts. Then the powers that be establish a body of law to punish the first group for reacting. And the vicious circle goes around and around. It is divide and rule my friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

The biggest test of our resolve is not what we are willing to fight against happily but what we are willing to fight for even when it hurts.

There's a simple solution to this... Charge 'em with Hate Crimes. They preach hate, so it's only fitting. You protect the peace and sanctity of our society plus the integrity of our First Amendment at the same time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I'm not aware of a single case working it's way up to the Supreme Court that challenges the 1st amendment. Why do you think it's being threatened?

It's all a set up. Just wait till they get these people into a court and silence them, in effect, we all will be silenced.

These Westboro people are doing us a favor, believe it or not. They are testing the limits of all of our free speech rights. All I am saying is that eventually they will be dragged into the Supreme Court and if they are silenced, bet your ass the police state is right behind. People have a too narrow of scope, and their view has been narrowed with hate. People better learn how the Constitution works and read and memorize the damned thing real fast if you want it to mean something still.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

There's a simple solution to this... Charge 'em with Hate Crimes. They preach hate, so it's only fitting. You protect the peace and sanctity of our society plus the integrity of our First Amendment at the same time.

That is how powerful the constitution is. It, in fact, does protect verbal hate speech. Like it or not, those scum have the right to free speech and they are choosing to exercise it. The sad part is, all those who complain about them I am willing to bet have never used their right to free speech. They are silent majority.

As long as verbal hate speech is protected and they assemble peaceably, I see nothing wrong with it. It is not that I agree with what these scum are doing and stand for, I believe in the Constitution and the universal protection the document provides. And you damned well know when Uncle Sam starts poking holes in it, it will only work against us, the good people.

So when these scum have their rights taken away, we all better step up and defend their free speech, not for the sake of them, but for the validity of the Constitution. We, will in essence, be defending our own God given rights.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives

The powers that be have successfully punked you, dude. They tell one group of people that they have a certain right. Then they tell a second group of people that they have a certain right that just so happens to conflict in someway with one of the rights that they told the first group about. Then they tell the first group what the second group is doing. The first group gets mad and reacts. Then the powers that be establish a body of law to punish the first group for reacting. And the vicious circle goes around and around. It is divide and rule my friend.

What are you talking about? I hate no one. I am trying to wake people up to the divide and conquer technique. We all have the same protection, where did I say one group has different rights from another? Dude.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
What is the whole purpose of this anyway?... I just don't get why these people hate on everything.

Why don't they just move their hating asses down to Mexico or something.
Yes, I know, they'd just get shipped back. Duhhh.

You don't get it, because they are prefabricated and fake. It's a test to take away our rights.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Damned right. That is a great quote.

And you are most correct about that slippery slope.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909

Originally posted by Americanist

That is how powerful the constitution is. It, in fact, does protect verbal hate speech. Like it or not, those scum have the right to free speech and they are choosing to exercise it. The sad part is, all those who complain about them I am willing to bet have never used their right to free speech. They are silent majority.

As long as verbal hate speech is protected and they assemble peaceably, I see nothing wrong with it. It is not that I agree with what these scum are doing and stand for, I believe in the Constitution and the universal protection the document provides. And you damned well know when Uncle Sam starts poking holes in it, it will only work against us, the good people.

So when these scum have their rights taken away, we all better step up and defend their free speech, not for the sake of them, but for the validity of the Constitution. We, will in essence, be defending our own God given rights.

Perhaps you haven't seen these guys protest... In the past there's been nothing peaceful about it. At the very least they could be charged with trespassing, loitering, and/ or noise violations. Take your pick. It's easier to fine them into oblivion while racking up enough money to pay for the events they're trying to rally against. Win/ win. I'd advise State Troopers to watch for large caravans out of that church in order to make sure everyone's licensed, insured, inspected, and registered too.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

The problem is that you can bet the Elite are funding these people. You can fine and fine them, but they will always find a way to pay them. Hell, they have already paid millions in court findings against them. They will continue to be funded. They are paid destruction of the Constitution. People need to wake up.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So what, you Americans havn't cared about their rights for the past few decades, why start now.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i don't know...there needs to be some wording that stops people like the WBC, but it would have to be subtle and specific so it doesn't leave the door wide open for a myriad of rights infringements.

something like "causing emotional distress with hate speech at a funeral is prohibited". all i know is, if they did that at a funeral for someone i loved, they'd be having their own funeral, damn the consequences.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
To those of you who make references to "hate speech" - they're already conditioning you.
There is no such thing as hate speech.
There is hateful speech, however.
Expressing anger or hatred is part of the reason we have the 1st Amendment.

Free speech "zones" have been around for over a decade now.
Every political convention since 2000 has corralled the protesters into these same zones.
So yes, the 1st Amendment is under attack and so far they're winning.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
1. The Supreme Court has already ruled on the doings of Westboro. Their 1st amendment right was upheld.

2. Those flash mobs are not peaceful assembly; therefore, they are not constitutionally protected.

my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
To those of you who make references to "hate speech" - they're already conditioning you.

Every political convention since 2000 has corralled the protesters into these same zones.

An easy task when few take responsibility for what comes out of their mouth. Take hateful speech blasted towards a funeral procession of grieving family and friends. Their right to a peaceful assembly have been infringed upon. Who is granted the ultimate "right" away? Burying a Loved one isn't supposed to be a shout-athon surrounded by total strangers. I guess better questions are... Where did common sense retire too? Wasn't our Constitution permanently housing it?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Damn right, I am glad someone else sees what is going on .

Also you will notice anytime any asks a politician at a press conference about Skull and Bones or any uncomfortable questions they are automatically whisked away by secret service or security guards.
The sheep need to wake up. If someone is silenced, then you too are being silenced.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join