It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are trying to destroy the First Amendment RIGHT NOW!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

So what, you Americans havn't cared about their rights for the past few decades, why start now.

You had better care. Once the US loses to the NWO you will soon follow right behind us. Better get your head in gear.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

I remember hearing that they were dragged into court and the court found in their favor. It didn't go all the way to the Supreme Court...But, nonetheless, their constitutional rights were upheld.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I almost can understand how a lawyer can represent someone who they find morally repugnant, as I find the WBC absolutely morally repugnant but if I were a lawyer I would have no problem defending them. I've never seen them get violent and they are lawyers themselves so they are pretty damned good at staying within the law. At least to my recollection as I can't remember them ever getting judged against except for moving them back from funerals.

Goading others into breaking laws is how they make money, or so I have read, so ignore them and don't take their bait.

Free speech is free speech, deal with it. Truth be told, I'd rather listen to the WBC than oh, say, politicians. At least I am positive the WBC are raving loons. Politicians are supposed to be the sane ones and I have serious doubts about that.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

The Supreme Court today under the lead of Roberts is very conservative even with the recent pick by Obama and they have consistently interpreted the Constitution that way. Their past decisions such as the second amendment issues and the corporate campaign donations show who they would likely side on this case. They would hold the 1st amendment as is and wouldn't do anything to tamper with it.

Court Under Roberts Is Most Conservative in Decades

In those five years, the court not only moved to the right but also became the most conservative one in living memory, based on an analysis of four sets of political science data.

www.nytimes.com...

The current court is expected to stay with it's current members for quite a long time meaning that if your a fan of the Constitution as it is today then it probably won't change much for the next 10 years or so.
edit on 23-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The current court is expected to stay with it's current members for quite a long time meaning that if your a fan of the Constitution as it is today then it probably won't change much for the next 10 years or so.

You obviously have more faith in our government than I do. At the current rate I would not even expect to HAVE a Constitution in ten years.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

The Supreme Court has a long history of not following politics. You saw Obama call them out on national television during his State of the Union address because he didn't like their decision on campaing finance and FDR actually tried to change the rules to allow 11 Justices so he could add more that would pass his legislation since the Supreme Court was invalidating alot of his plans.

They take their job very seriously and are fairly immune to corruption which is why they are appointed for life. At least that's what history shows us.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well of course they're trying to take away the first amendment. They've been trying to twist or just plain get rid of the first amendment towards the general public for years. It's only a matter of time before the newly formed super congress deems it's necessary due to some made up bs for the sake of our economy

Bow down to the new real lawmakers of America

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

>Immune to corruption

Wow

Yeah good one
and if you're serious: where have you been this whole time? living in a closet?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If I were the parent of the afforementioned homosexual soldier who was killed I would have gotten out the ol' ak47 and sent every one of those two bit hick buckets of # straight to hell. No questions asked. Then we could have sat back and watched their fairy tales NOT save them. Oh pitiful little trash cans spewing hatred they've been spoonfed from their zealot preacher. As for the government, the constitution and rights you thought you had was executed the day it was written my friend, by none other than those who had a hand in writing it, this was only a shephards plot to make all sheep follow the leader and it did exactly what it was designed to do. No man who is put into a place of power is there for the right reasons though sometimes it begins that way, they most always eventually flow down the rabbit hole and deviate.

TRUTH IS ABSOLUTE....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join