It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Calgary 9:20 pm, Aug, 20, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
UFO filmed over Calgary, Canada. Strange as there seems to be no mountains or anything on the skyline, airport is nearby but pretty sure this isn't planes. Anybody from the neighbourhood verify the surroundings here?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have no idea where you get your videos from but these are crazy! I guess the Canadians should be expecting some visitors from out of space

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It looks to be communicating or attempting communication with the light down below; just my impression about that - if the lights were attached to wings or blades it would then be a large object. Curious to find out what it was. Maybe a promo for something since it was Saturday night?

Cheers,

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Probably a tall building or multiple tall buildings in the background.

Footage is poor, crap quality camera or camera phone.

Being near an airport it could be the control tower.......the background may be elivated but we cant tell because he took the footage with a shoe or something

edit on 22-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Which one was the UFO, the constant white light or the blinking red one?
Either way. it was just there in the same part of the sky the whole time.
So, yea. Could've been anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
looks like a blinking light on top of a crane to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
They are some pretty talls buildings, was hoping for some movement but nothing, if any Calgarians can verify the city would appreciate
and yeah, I know quality isn't good.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
They are some pretty talls buildings, was hoping for some movement but nothing, if any Calgarians can verify the city would appreciate
and yeah, I know quality isn't good.

Indeed.....like i just said, the camera is so poor you wouldnt be able to see the ground elevate.

Would be nice to get an exact loaction...he says NW calgary, so il have a look and see what kind of buildings are there.

I looked through the dudes videos, he not very good at identifying thing.....dust is apparently energy orbs....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You never see mountains when looking east in Calgary. I dont doubt the location.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I cannot speak to the authenticity of the video, but I live in Edmonton (3 hrs drive due north of Calgary) and I have been to Calgary many, many times during my life. Both Edmonton and Calgary are too far away from the Rocky Mountains to see them, so that's perfectly legit.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I think you could be right....im just looking to see what construction is happening in NE of calgary

calgaryrealestatereview.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Im sure its a crane now....im trying to find a video at night of a cranes strobes

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hmmmm... Are we watching the red dot at the top of the screen that seems to move when the city gets blurry? Is this because they are trying to follow the red light? To me, it looks like he is recording the red light off his video camera (i.e. - the reflection in the glass) with the city in the background. Either that or I'm looking at the wrong dot. Maybe that is how he keeps up with it ????? Otherwise, it would be flying too fast to follow it without it getting blurry also - Your thoughts?
edit on 22-8-2011 by karendva because: I spelled a word wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Where you at in Calgary? As in neighborhood?

I'm super far south in Copperfield and I see nothing here no matter which west I look in north or south I can't see a thing.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by karendva
Hmmmm... Are we watching the red dot at the top of the screen that seems to move when the city gets blurry? Is this because they are trying to follow the red light? To me, it looks like he is recording the red light off his video camera (i.e. - the reflection in the glass) with the city in the background. Either that or I'm looking at the wrong dot. Myabe that is how he keeps up with it ????? Otherwise, it would be flying too fast to follow it without it getting blurry also - Your thoughts?

No, the dot at top is something on the lense

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I live in Edmonton, certainly too far to see the mountains. I have worked in Calgary and you most definetly can see the mountains on a clear day ( I worked downtown in a office tower)

The image to me, looks decidedly like a building crane. The lights maintain the same blinking and don't deviate from their positions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
He could be around the Nose Hill Park area off 14th st looking east , but a bit to dark to get it narrowed down

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Those lights do seem to be in perfect formation for a tower crane.

Just mirror this image:

The constant white light in the video is the operators cab light where the crane operator sits. The blinking red light on the right of the white light is where the counterweights are. The red blinking light to the far left is the end of the jib or crane arm. The red light just above the white light and a little to the left is the peak of the crane tower.

I think the quality of the camera is too bad to see the crane...

edit on 22-8-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Some dude watching the shuttle launch from inside a tower crane at night...notice the one light thats always on and the blinking ones across the arm??

Thats what the other video is....not a ufo, just someone that assumes everything in the sky is a alien spaceship.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Was filmed 3 days ago so if anyone from Calgary can confirm the presence of a rather large crane we can close this case.

Some dude watching the shuttle launch from inside a tower crane at night...notice the one light thats always on and the blinking ones across the arm??

Thats what the other video is....not a ufo, just someone that assumes everything in the sky is a alien spaceship.

I never assumed this was a spaceship

edit on 22-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Yea I had one of these outside my house for about a year.
That dam flashing light always used to piss me off at night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join