It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Calgary 9:20 pm, Aug, 20, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

There's a ton of cranes in Calgary, what we need is a location of where you took the video from to find out if there is any cranes in your view. A location would be key to the investigation.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

There's a ton of cranes in Calgary, what we need is a location of where you took the video from to find out if there is any cranes in your view. A location would be key to the investigation.

Pred...

It is a crane, easily spottable

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

This looks like a construction site....in street view it has a sign called Beacon Heights.....

edit on 22-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
looks like a blinking light on top of a crane to me.

Yes that is what I am thinking too. One blinking light at each end like in the photo below.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thanx all, thread closed, you can actually see the crane in the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We had orbs seen recently here in the N.W. as well as in other areas of the city . www.aufosg.com...

Calgary city terrain changes and with a million plus population , could still be any where .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Good picture.

Yes, I was going to say you can actually kind of see the tower crane body in the video... just a little.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

If that was the case it would be there every day & every night. You can also see a tower to left of the screen. Unless it's new.

Hmmmm, crane huh? Sounds reasonable
edit on 22-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

If that was the case it would be there every day & every night. You can also a tower to left of the screen. Unless it's new
edit on 22-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I assume you are talking about my "tall building" comment?

If so then....the person has made one video, and is sketchy about the exact location. He says hes looking NE.
I dont know canada, but i did look into it.

If it were a tall building (which it is not, its a tower crane) you are right it would be there all of the time. But people who dont live there and see one 15 minute video wouldnt know it was always there.

There are plenty of things i see that i can upload as "genuine UFO footage"...by genuine i mean a building or object that you wouldnt know of....film it at night on a crap camera phone and bobs your uncle, i have a UFO video

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oh i didnt mean you

I said "Thats what the other video is....not a ufo, just someone that assumes everything in the sky is a alien spaceship. "

I was referring to the hoaxer dude who uploaded the videos, claiming them all to be of alien ships, glowing energy orbs etc

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
When he say see how far away it is , and zooms out that crane has to be way the heck up there and the only super tall constructions site in Calgary is down town . It isn't showing down town that I'm sure of . Plus if he is looking anywhere near the airport there is the strict height restrictions any where close to the airport runways . I know because i work near the airport .

The only thing of interest today that flew in was an F16 from ? Probably refueling then heading out to Cold Lake air base .
edit on 22-8-2011 by watchdog8110 because: additional

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

If you were to stand in the position he was in im pretty sure you would see the crane.
The camera gives the appearance that the person is further away....as does all video footage.

Tower cranes can be HUGE, literally hundreds of feet tall.

If your constructing a building 100m tall you would need a crane a lot taller than that. Maybe 120m or higher.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There are at present quite a few buildings here with cranes on top of them under construction. The tallest one being the "Bow" at aproximately 775 ft. This city is constantly under construction. I have lived here since 1978 and it has never stopped. And yes, on a clear day you can see the mountains. I am not sure exactly where this video was taken, but I would say from the northwest quadrent of the city looking south eastward.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

I cannot speak to the authenticity of the video, but I live in Edmonton (3 hrs drive due north of Calgary) and I have been to Calgary many, many times during my life. Both Edmonton and Calgary are too far away from the Rocky Mountains to see them, so that's perfectly legit.

Calgary is pretty famous for its views of the Rocky Mountains, but they are about 50 miles away and can only be seen in the daylight - preferably on a clear day!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It looks as if the lights we're seeing are constant and do not move out of the pattern its displaying. I have a feeling this could be a mast of some sort. Have we any idea if this was filmed near any airports? Also, the video camera footage is horrible and grainy and there's even a bit of dirt on the lens. To add to that it looks like the person is recording the footage through a window and its possible this could even be a hoax. However, my instinct is telling me that this 'UFO' is a mast or something similar.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It doesn't even say which direction he is looking. Crappy video and the guy taking the video is really jumping to conclusions calling stationary blinking lights a "craft".

My first impression looking at it was it might be the radio towers on top of Broadcast Hill to the west of the city. I used to live in NW Calgary and we had really clear view of these towers, which sit on top of a high hill/escarpment overlooking the city.

But I also agree with those who suggest this could very easily be a construction crane.

EDIT: Note, Anyone notice the cool UFO moving left to right at 7:37 (I assume its a helicopter).

edit on 23-8-2011 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
No Idea what it could be .

Off Topic Comment follows............. A polite note to all budding nigttime cameramen........Buy a friggin Tripod

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join