It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Episodic Tremor and Slip (ETS) 2011 begining again on the West Coast....three months early.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yes mam I will do that...Well, if Baker blows its top, its gonna be a hairy sitiuation for me then....I guess the more southeastern mtns around lake samish would be the way to go.....Old wickersham area..There are some old logging roads around that area that I can make it up in my 4x4, High ground, lots of resources. Ill make it!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
reply to post by shoeshiner

Right. And the millions of people across the Horn of Africa that are wishing for food and water?

We are co-creators. To a certain extent. But recognizing reality is integral to co-creating. If you live in a make-believe fantasy world, then your co-creating will be as effective as that of a nutjob in a straight-jacket.

The most important aspect of co-creating is not wishing, it is acting. Action is how one creates. Studying the ways in which our reality behaves is a most appropriate action. How anyone could argue against that is beyond me.

Engaging in scientific methodology isn't evil. Encouraging ignorance and inaction is.
edit on 23-8-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

I go by the saying that whatever you pay attention to expands in your mind. If you sit behind a computer screen all day waiting for the quakes to appear then you will see more of them and they will seem worse than they actually are. I believe this is nothing new and we go through rough and quiet patches. I also believe we have gone away from nature as we were warned about, and some of these things are a result of our disregard for the planet.

How many times do we see topics saying the big one is going to hit? If it hits then it hits, why worry over it? You could be doing far better things. I know life is much better for me now that I don't watch the news. I also believe negative thoughts and actions invite negative things, aswell as positive invites positive.

On a deeper note, there is a war on for your mind and conscious. This system we are in, it requires you to submit and fall inline. I believe we are far more powerful and important than what we think. To enslave someone is not just to lock them up, you have to sometimes break them and dumb them down, among many other things. Something so simple as a calender can enslave a whole nation. Yes I think individually we do have this power and it shines through every now and then, sometimes you don't even notice it. Call it intuition, etc.. You can't get into the heavenly mindstate under stress or even when you use your mind. There are many ways to subdue it, to subdue someones personal power. I'm a sucker for the system, i've only truely been in it once and it was great.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying and I actually agree with you to a point.

I just caution you on the 'ignorance is bliss' theology. I NEVER watch the news either and very little tv, but I am still aware of what is going on in the world. Sometimes I wonder why....since it really doesnt matter. However, I don't let the negatives going on bring me down and that is where it matters.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I agree with what you said, just would like to say i'm well aware of my surroundings. I've looked into so many things and I have come away with a good balance that's working for me. These things can consume you and too much of one thing isn't good for you. I probably kicked you low down with a few wordings, it's just I would like you to step away from this stuff for a bit.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

LOL....I'll be stepping away for a good many hours. Starting about now!!!

Goodnight all....thanks for all the contributions.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Don't forget to turn the quake updates off on your mobile

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner

I agree with what you said, just would like to say i'm well aware of my surroundings. I've looked into so many things and I have come away with a good balance that's working for me. These things can consume you and too much of one thing isn't good for you. I probably kicked you low down with a few wordings, it's just I would like you to step away from this stuff for a bit.

After your earlier posts I wished and wished.

But nup, ya still posting.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's not easy to do and it isn't to do with wishing. You can wish all you want and probably get nothing. If you were in your intuition you would have known if I was going to continue posting or not, call it a gut feeling. Your own personal knowing. If you had truly believed I wasn't going to post, without any single shred of doubt then it might work. That's another complicated one and i'm less sure of that. It's like imposing your way on another. There can be a few examples thrown around to support it I guess.

On topic though I see there is/was quite a bit of activity in the US, before my initial post it was just weird tremors? I can see the need to investigate this further, as it could be dangerous. I still say atleast make a balance, I see too many people here getting sucked into things.
edit on 24-8-2011 by shoeshiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You know.....I have told you that I understand your point of view on this, and I really do. I think there are two distinct things at play however. One is attitude, the other is perception or precognition perhaps. Both are important.

I agree that attitude is everything, and if you go looking for something bad you are going to find it, even if it isn't there.

If you were to follow my posts on ATS for the past two plus years, you will see I tend to go in spurts. The last time I did it was just before the Japan quake. Now, I am not saying that I make predictions, only that I tend to get a bit obsessive right before something happens. I do not think I am willing anything to happen...just that I take in the big picture, and perhaps something a bit more. Do you believe in energy? Life energy and the disruption of it?

Just go back and look through some of my other earth threads around the time of the Japan quake, (or right before) if you are interested.

Back to the topic of deep tremors:

343 recorded today, mainly still out on the peninsula: LINK

The latest blog:

Aug 23 - Today the tremor is centered under the southern Vancouver Island coast west of Victoria. It has now left the area directly under the AofA and probably will be out of range for the best studies within a week. Reports from the field crew who were checking on stations over the past two days are that out of over 80 stations only two were down because of battery problems. Good job AofA crews!

SOURCE

to quake list for today.

interactive quake map. be sure to check out the depth. A lot of them over 20 km. Note the line...hmmmm

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
438 tremors today!!

The blog has been updated too, and it sounds as if the behavior of the tremors continue to be a bit odd:

Aug 26 - Well this ETS seems to again be acting a bit differently. Tremor continues at a good clip but the tremor front has slowed down considerably and seems stalled under the southern end of Vancouver Island. In the past week rather than moving at the normal rate of about 10 km per day the motion is no more than about 4 km per day. Maybe its hanging around so the AofA can get a good look at it.

source

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This ETS continues to act differently, as is chronicled in the following 'official' ETS blog:

Sep 2 - This ETS seems to be the longest lived of any that we have well monitored. It will have lasted 6 weeks tomorrow. But maybe it is about to quit. In the past 24 hours there seem to be decreasing tremor. On the summary spectrograms near the end of August little can be seen on the traditional tremor-sensitive station, HDW (though it is far enough south that moderate level tremor up in BC probably can not be seen. However this ETS has not yet progressed as far north as the past several ones have. To extend to its more usual stopping place there should be another week or so left in the puppy.

Aug 30 - The tremor continues to slog northwestward, but slowly. On Aug 27 it seemed to jump 20 km to the northwest but then has hung in the backwoods just north of the Leech River fault since then. Plans are being made for an assault on the AofA next week to rip them out of the field and send all equipment back to their PASSCAL home. After three years of periodicaly slogging through clear cuts, ranch and forest land to service, repair, replace, repower these stations it will be time for one last big "vacation" trip to the northern Olympic tourist detinations of CL, BS, DR, GC, PA, TB, BH and of course our favorite, LC (particularly LC13).

Source

It seems to have really fallen off the last couple of days without ANY tremors to the North..and only a few dozen now on the Southern end down in California.

Interesting to note, is that since those tremors migrated South, we then had a rash of quakes here to the North...again following the same pattern I have been seeing for awhile now.

MAP 2.8 2011/09/06 02:20:46 48.164 -123.151 43.0 9 km ( 6 mi) N of Carlsborg, WA
MAP 1.4 2011/09/05 22:08:22 47.958 -122.413 32.0 5 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Clinton, WA
MAP 1.5 2011/09/04 09:05:09 48.328 -122.383 5.9 3 km ( 2 mi) WSW of Conway, WA
MAP 1.9 2011/09/03 11:01:59 47.379 -122.504 55.3 5 km ( 3 mi) SSW of Vashon, WA
MAP 2.0 2011/09/02 10:25:00 48.502 -122.397 0.0 6 km ( 4 mi) NW of Burlington, WA
MAP 2.1 2011/09/02 05:06:40 47.229 -122.243 19.6 3 km ( 2 mi) NNW of Sumner, WA
MAP 1.5 2011/08/31 19:05:31 47.437 -122.081 22.8 1 km ( 1 mi) SE of Maple Heights-Lake Desire, WA

edit on 7-9-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The latest blog declares the recent ETS as over and discusses some of the irregularities of it:

Sep 6, 2011 - This ETS is over. The last burst of tremor seen at the north end of this ETS in BC occurred on Sep 3. It was followed on Sep 4 by a burst back in the south end of Puget Sound but nothing has been seen since then. Thus we declare the ETS over. It lasted from Jul. 23 until Sep. 4, longer than any previous ETS well recorded and processed by us. Besides starting much earlier than expected it started farther south than most previous ones and didn't proceed quite as far north.
- A team of 8 are currently in the field recovering all of the AofA instruments and the remaining CAFE ones. Between Sep 6 and 8 over 90 seismic stations will be recovered from the field and preparations made to ship them back to the PASSCAL instrument pool. The data collected for this ETS will not be available for analysis for a week or two but should be an interesting set.

I am curious now to see if anything else unexpected happens in the coming months...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join