It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad threatens 'Repercussions' against any country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It seems assad is following suit with ghadaffi. He is threating ANY nation that intervenes in Syria. Why do all these leaders seem to want to commit suicide by way of having there country destroyed? If they were really for their country it seems they would do whats best for it? Assad is no dummy Im sure he knows the fate that awaits him so why go out the hard way? :puz FROM RT: :Assad warns against military intervention in Syria
Syrian President Bashar Assad declared that his regime is in no danger of falling, and added there will be “repercussions” for any country that interferes in Syria's affairs. He appeared on state television on Sunday, for the fourth time since the violence began in mid-March. He reiterated plans to introduce reforms in Syria, and said the situation in the country “may seem dangerous... but in fact we are able to deal with it,” the Associated Press reported.

He also said he expects a parliamentary election to be held in February 2012, after a series of reforms that would let political groups other than his Baath party participate in elections.rt.com...

edit on 21-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think it is real important to recall with Syria that it is not limited to just Assad. Syria represents the 3rd member of a 3-way alliance with Iran and Venezuela on the other ends. Iran and Syria have a formal and official agreement/military alliance. Is Assad really worth the risk of this? More importantly, are any Western nations in a position to fight not one, but two additional nations in a coordinated fight across different ends of the region? I don't see anything here that justifies the risk. Leave Syria to the Syrians UNLESS it crosses outside the borders.

Growing Iran/Syria Alliance

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The rabbit hole doesn't stop with just the Iran, Syria, Venezuela trifecta. It goes well beyond there, you see Russia and China both have a vested interest in Iran as well as Venezuela for resources. I don't think either of the two would stand idly by and watch any of them be taken over without intervening at a minimum with some form of aid or supply.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The rabbit hole doesn't stop with just the Iran, Syria, Venezuela trifecta. It goes well beyond there, you see Russia and China both have a vested interest in Iran as well as Venezuela for resources. I don't think either of the two would stand idly by and watch any of them be taken over without intervening at a minimum with some form of aid or supply.

I agree! Russia has a huge vested intrest in Syria. However the sad fact is that every new country we take over, we turn into a new millitary base for the us/nato/un/whatevever you want to call them

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Actually when you think about it what is Assad going to do for Repercussions?

He has thousands of angry protesters that are willing to die to overthrown his regime. That in itself is taking up a lot of resources to contain.

It should be interesting to see what happens. I doubt we will see any military action though. Unless Syria starts getting desperate and starts lobbing rockets at Israel in an attempt to get Israel to react and cause a huge mess over there.

The real question is, if things start spiraling out of control what will Saudi Arabia do?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think we can be assured that the Saudis as well as the Israelis probably have a nuke or two tucked away.We have equipped the Saudis with top notch war toys.
I would not be very surprised if they havent made the americans sell them a few under the counter...Or who can say?It may well be that the Israelis and the Saudis may find themselves in an" enemy of my enemy"aliance yet...They have two great airforces that could deliver nukes And Iran is not the same kind of faith as the saudis.
In fact the two are rivals and nearly enemies already, having merely to complete the formalities of actual combat to make it official.....
In a syrian campaign the two may find themselves forced to fight on the same side with each other.
If Iran steps in you know the saudis will by proxy if nothing else....say allowing isreal the use of its air space for bomb runs on the iranis....etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yeah, well, "You are either with us or against us." GWB

Yeah, most leaders of countries would say such things if they felt threatened.

Yeah, Saddam promised columns of flames without end when the U.S. forces began massing in Saudi Arabia in 1990.

Repercussions. yep. Not that Syria and Assad could withstand a full out attack on the country, but what else would you expect from a leader of a country?

new topics

top topics

join