It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell was "it"?? Thought I was dreaming...but I it seamed real!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have never been one to remember many dreams in my life. There are some that I do remember, that were very vivid, but they are far and few between.

First, I had a dream that was very vivid. I had a dream that there was someone trying to get in my window, and it woke me up(in my dream). I could hear some one trying to get in. I got out of bed, walked over to my window, pulled the curtain back, and saw an old woman wearing a black covering trying to get in. I told her to get the hell away. She acted like she couldn't hear me. She kept trying to pry open my screen. I told her again - get away...she continued as if she couldn't hear me. I started yelling at her to get the F off my property, and she didn't acknowledge me at all. So I shut my window. She then started yelling at me to open the f'ing window, and was banging on it full force.I pulled the curtain back and saw her evil eyes looking directly into mine.... At that point I woke up.

This is where it gets strange. I went back to sleep. At this point I thought I I had started to drift off to sleep, but was still hearing things around me. I heard a noise, opened my eyes, and saw a shadow in my doorway. I could "sense" some one was there. I was watching the shadow move towards my bed. I was frozen in fear. I wanted to yell, but I couldn't. I decided it best to "fake" sleep. I couldn't move at this point anyway. I was watching the shadow figure walk closer to my bed. I felt weight on the corner of my bed. I remained frozen. The weight moved over towards me, I was holding my breath at this point, thinking - this can't be happening. I then felt the weight directly on top of me. I was scared to death. I remember thinking to myself, don't move, don't react, stay calm.I remember trying to peak through my closed eyes to see who it was. I kept telling myself to breath...this person would eventually leave (or kill me). Suddenly the weight lifted, and I could move again. I just looked around with my eyes trying to find where the person went. I saw no shadows, I heard nothing after that.

It was the most real, scariest thing I have ever experienced. I swear I was awakened, I swear I saw a shadow of someone, I swear I felt my bed with weight on it move towards me until on top of me.

What the HELL was that?!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Old hag with swamp gas. Probably flew in on a weather balloon.
edit on 8/21/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Hypnopompic (postdormital) Sleep paralysis can often be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations .
Although they seem very real at the time , they are still just hallucinations.

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
have fun going to bed the next night, thats why its best to sleep with the tv on

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Maybe you should read this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I made a post on page 4 that has a lot of similarity to your experience, and so did others.
edit on 21-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Thank you, going to read it now.

Glad I am not the only one

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Never heard of that.

Thank you, I will look into that for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Top of page 5
Sleep Paralysis.....

Yea it sucks, how old are you? Were you at home alone?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
ive had night terrors and felt shadow presence in my room at night before, and i always over come them, conquer it and drive it away, its not a battle,

the trick is to let go of fear, you will notice when this happens that your feeling of fear grows and grows, i think that is its actual purpose, to raise your fear, you must think in your head, i will not fear i will be well it will not harm me, take a relaxing breath and relax yourself feel confident strong but most important relaxed, not angry or challenging, but act as though it has already been defeated,

works every time for me, it leaves right away and the paralysis is gone

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Maybe the spirit of that old woman wanted in to protect you/beat the crap out of that shadow person.

She did tell you to let her in!

Lesson: Be nice to old people.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

There are 3 types of sleep paralysis
1 predormital ( Hynogogic ) before REM sleep
2 REM atonia ....This prevents us from basically acting out our dreams .
3 Postdormital ( Hypnopompic) When waking from REM sleep

#3 is the most common form of sleep paralysis ( discounting REM ) and CAN be accompanied by hallucinations .
Your account bares all the signs of classic hypnopompic hallucinations ...eg.
A presence in the room.
Audible presence ( usually in the form of raspy breathing in the ear)
Visual presence ( usually in the form of a shadowy figure that approach's the bed )

The bad news is , even though these events are only hallucinations , you will be no more prepared and just as terrified , the next time it occurs .

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Top of page 5
Sleep Paralysis.....

Yea it sucks, how old are you? Were you at home alone?

I actually just read that thread, Captaininstabin linked it above, and your post stuck out because of the "shadow people" in the doorway.

And Captain had the other part of my experience..."I seemingly woke up and couldn´t move or make a sound, and I felt a heavy weight or pressure on top of me.

I didn´t know what was going on and panicked, tried to fight and scream, but couldn´t do anything. "

I still don't know what to make of it...it felt and appeared so REAL...I swear my eyes were open, I was experiencing the "shadow person" in my doorway, the bed moving, the weight...it is really mind boggling.

And I am in my mid 40's...my children were sleeping at the other end of the house.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It seems a lot of people have had dream encounters with an old hag.
Googling "old hag syndrome" gives you plenty of sites to research.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
who knows... if u would actually get abducted they would tell you it didnt happen and slap a label saying sleep poralasis or w.e
edit on 21-8-2011 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
reply to post by summer5

Hypnopompic (postdormital) Sleep paralysis can often be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations .

NO>>>>>>>>>>>> She SAW the SHADOW FIRST THEN she told her self to remain STILL ...

you seriously have this backwards and quickly assumed she didn't have any control over what she was doing..

RE-READ her post..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

OH PERFECT! Thank you! I hope THAT never happens again!!

I have had scary dreams that have woke in the past. I have had dreams that appeared real. As I stated in my OP, I don't remember many, but the ones I do have stuck with me over the years.

This didn't appear like a dream. First time in my life I have ever had one that I remember "feeling", "seeing", "sensing" someone. I swear my eyes were open and I was awake...that's the really freaky part that is blowing my mind.

The first episode with the woman in my window was a dream - although at the time I awoke it appeared real...I forgot to mention in my OP, after I awoke I got out of bed and shut my window.

Then is when I had the next "dream"...or what felt like reality...

I am so tired, but don't want to go back to sleep

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Pray, smile and go to sleep, you went 40 years without a shadow visit it will likely not happen any time soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by tpg65
reply to post by summer5

NO>>>>>>>>>>>> She SAW the SHADOW FIRST THEN she told her self to remain STILL ...

you seriously have this backwards and quickly assumed she didn't have any control over what she was doing..

RE-READ her post..

Exactly! It didn't feel like I had fallen into that deep sleep yet, I could still hear what was going on around me. I sensed something/someone, opened my eyes to see the shadow in my doorway. At that point I was froze with fear. I was watching the shadow move closer while peaking through the slits of my eyes...I remember thinking to myself - don't move and pretend to be asleep...that is why I can't imagine it was actually a dream. Even sitting here typing this, it's as real as how I remember the rest of the day before falling asleep. Now the dream prior (with the old woman trying to get in my window was a dream), although at the time it felt real, I knew it was a dream when I woke up.

The two just seem so different. One a dream - the other real.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I sure hope your right!

If I were to have another 40 plus years before that happens again, the next time will probably give me a damn heart attack...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

You should have let her in..

second line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join