It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Where Coca-Cola Is Investing $4 Billion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

China has 4 times as many mouths to drink Coke, the market is by far larger than the US .. makes sense to me. Besides, it's nice to see an American corp exporting something overseas and reaping the profits here.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
When China's economy picks up and everyone can afford a Coke the co. will be raking in the cash.

Wait, do you seriously think that bottled fizzy beverages are a luxury in China?

I almost want to take you to Shanghai, just to see your reaction...

Seriously, though: bottled drinks - water, tea, soft drinks and beer - are available pretty much everywhere for quite cheap. I've been to dirt poor towns with more oxcarts than cars, and still seen bottled drinks for sale everywhere, usually water, fanta and local beer. Bottled water is the biggest one, and I'm pretty sure that's the market that Coke is after. Regardless of any upgrades to the infrastructure, people still think that bottled water is safer than tap water.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Any US Company who wants to build a factory over in China ALSO there has to be allowed a copycat Chinese company.

The Chinese are not buying the name brand US factory stuff, they are buying from their copycat factories.

Coke won't make a dime. But maybe their losses in the United States.....had the Chinese telling them..."Spend $4 Billion over here or else"

Beer and Soda has been collapsing in America since people don't have careers/jobs anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Why wouldn't they move into China and India, they are HUGE untapped consumer markets. Look at KFC in China, it does gangbuster business.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They should move wherever they want.

I don't have a problem with globalization.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Theres a difference, they arent moving their manufacturing, they are just doing production over there too.......

Its not like they are closing down production in the states.......

I see nothing wrong with expanding

Coca Cola has production facilities and affiliations with bottling companies all over the world.
The biggest bottling company in Europe, or one of the biggest, is called Hellenic Bottling Company, and they are affiliated/a subsidiary/whatever of Coca Cola and supply the whole of Eastern Europe and some parts of the Middle East and north Africa. A company like Coca Cola can't really have one central production facility for the whole world. They have several around the world. China is a huge market with over 1.3 billion people.
4 billion investment? They'll make more then that in profits.

I don't know why people are only NOW waking up to the move of manufacturing to China and other third world countries like Indonesia.
It's been going on now for well over a decade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join