It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Suppressed Inventions by our Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
List of Suppressed Inventions by our Government

In a previous thread about the 13 year old who made a remarkable breakthrough in solar cell arrangement, someone replyd about how patents for Solar Cells are not approved for anything greater than 20%.

So that got me curious and I started to do some research. Heres what I found.

There were 5,135 inventions that were under secrecy orders at the end of Fiscal Year 2010,
www.fas.org...

Under the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951, patent applications on new inventions can be subject to secrecy orders restricting their publication if government agencies believe that disclosure would be “detrimental to the national security.”

The current list of technology areas that is used to screen patent applications for possible restriction under the Invention Secrecy Act is not yet publicly available and has been denied under the Freedom of Information Act, however an appeal is pending. But a previous list dated 1971 and obtained by researcher Michael Ravnitzky is available. HERE. The list is very interesting and I suggest everyone take a look.

HERES a list of who patented things, and the amount, if you note at the bottom you'll see,

"John Doe" Secrecy Orders (imposed on private inventors)

That means for all those people who make their own free energy device or something similar, they fall into that category.

Some of the things on the list includes

-A device which will convert heat energy directly (statically) into electrical energy by means of two
dissimilar metals or semi-conductors formed into • closed circuit and maintained at different temperatures
(AP)(AMC)S17S(NA VY)

- Batteries, thermally activated

- Biochemical fuel cells and biochemical electric generator-Cryogenic insulation for use below 100 degrees F. (AF)

-Solar photovoltaic generators (AMC)- i f > 20% efficient (NASA) MEANING WE CANT GET ACCESS TO ANYTHING MORE THAN 20% EFFICIENT.

-Lightweight radiation shielding material

-Fire resistant paints

- Fire resistant, low smoke, nontoxic materials (including foams, paints,fabrics)

-Dual purpose materials functioning as camouflage and chemicallbiological protective agents. (ARMY)

-Devices to prevent injury to biological tissues or body systems caused by exposure to coherent
electromagnetic radiation. (AF)
edit on 20-8-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Brilliant find. I always wondered what kind of things get brushed under the carpet of 'Natinoal Security'. I'm glad you this. At work just now, but I'll have a good scan though it when I'm back. Hope the appeal comes through too dude.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is another interesting site I stumbled upon after reading a few of these.

July 20,1961 J3-A,102 GENERATOR, FREE ENERGY, COLTON IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE: I, Norman Evans Colton (Director of Sales, O. T. Carr co.), do hereby declare under oath that I have perfected a machine to draw electricity from the atmosphere without the use of any fuel. The machine is operated entirely by environmental gravitic forces. A newly constructed "Colton-Gravity-Electric-Engine" has been installed at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, CA, where it may be seen, examined, evaluated and photographed.

1973 J1-A,1 CARBURETION, SHELL OIL CO. At the Annual SHELL OIL Companies employees contest, a highly modified 1959 Opel sets the record with 376.59 mpg at Wood River, IL.

June 2, 1960 J3-A,57 FLYING SAUCER, OTC-X1, CARR Otis T. Carr told an "open house" audience of 300 people on Memorial Day that it is a "treacherous misstatement of fact to say or infer that we (OTC Enterprises) are coming to California to raise money in stock sales". Carr appeared to be planning to sell rights to build, sell or operate the OTC-X1 Flying Saucer he claims he'll be producing at the former Osbrink Plant. Thus Carr wouldn't be violating a federal injunction secured by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission ordering him to stop selling unregistered stock. (see 5/5/60)

Suppressed Tech
edit on 8/20/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/20/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/20/2011 by eXia7 because: added content

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

List of Surprised Inventions by our Government
Surely you mean "suppressed"?
Two dissimilar metals generating electricity when exposed to heat is called a thermocouple. They are used all over the place. Mainly as sensors, because the energy used to create the heat can be more efficiently used the create electricity other ways.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
its sad how humanity is limiting its own progression...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Two dissimilar metals generating electricity when exposed to heat is called a thermocouple. They are used all over the place. Mainly as sensors, because the energy used to create the heat can be more efficiently used the create electricity other ways.

Yes that is what I meant and I did fix it. Its just that when I was first typing this is was spelled wrong and I right clicked it and quickly chose the first one on the list, which was "surprised". lol Thats what I get when I rush.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Thermocouples are used for power generation too. It is called a "Thermopile". Thermopiles have been used for decades to generate electricity, esp. on Spacecraft, and other places where no grid is available, and there is a lack of sunlight. So, I am not too sure where the idea comes from that this invention is suppressed.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.aqpl43.dsl.pipex.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
this is what you can expect from gubbrrmint a bunch of psychopaths

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Ok, I went scanned through the list, and found the following "Suppressed items too", yet it is available in every day life :

Satellite based navigation : Most of us rely on GPS.
Video compression from satellite to earth communications : We all have satellite TV, and all digital channels are compressed.
Flight simulators. There are thousands of flight simulators for PC's out there, e.g. Microsoft Flight simulator and others.

and the list of so-called supressed items on that list that we encounter in every day life goes on and on.

So, I guess that list is not relevant at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

Ok, I went scanned through the list, and found the following "Suppressed items too", yet it is available in every day life :

Satellite based navigation : Most of us rely on GPS.
Video compression from satellite to earth communications : We all have satellite TV, and all digital channels are compressed.
Flight simulators. There are thousands of flight simulators for PC's out there, e.g. Microsoft Flight simulator and others.

and the list of so-called supressed items on that list that we encounter in every day life goes on and on.

So, I guess that list is not relevant at all.

Read OP.

The current list of technology areas that is used to screen patent applications for possible restriction under the Invention Secrecy Act is not yet publicly available and has been denied under the Freedom of Information Act, however an appeal is pending. But a previous list dated 1971 and obtained by researcher Michael Ravnitzky is available.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am talking about that document from 1971, at www.fas.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So am I, what Im saying is when that came out in '71, they where not released yet. It's 2011 and some of the things mentioned have been made available.
Now just imagine what the current list contains!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
Here is another interesting site I stumbled upon after reading a few of these.

July 20,1961 J3-A,102 GENERATOR, FREE ENERGY, COLTON IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE: I, Norman Evans Colton (Director of Sales, O. T. Carr co.), do hereby declare under oath that I have perfected a machine to draw electricity from the atmosphere without the use of any fuel. The machine is operated entirely by environmental gravitic forces. A newly constructed "Colton-Gravity-Electric-Engine" has been installed at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, CA, where it may be seen, examined, evaluated and photographed.

June 2, 1960 J3-A,57 FLYING SAUCER, OTC-X1, CARR Otis T. Carr told an "open house" audience of 300 people on Memorial Day that it is a "treacherous misstatement of fact to say or infer that we (OTC Enterprises) are coming to California to raise money in stock sales". Carr appeared to be planning to sell rights to build, sell or operate the OTC-X1 Flying Saucer he claims he'll be producing at the former Osbrink Plant. Thus Carr wouldn't be violating a federal injunction secured by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission ordering him to stop selling unregistered stock. (see 5/5/60)

Both of these seem to be Carr's work. Those interested may want to check into Ralph Ring's site, as Ralph was one of the pilots of the maiden (and only) flight of the X1. Soon after they did the demo, they apparently got the full FBI raid. The site will keep you updated on the progress of Ralph and his team that are now working to re-create Carr's tech.
Here's a great interview to get started with: bluestarenterprise.com...

edit on 20/8/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
that is what I don't understand. Thermopiles are on that list, yet the earliest thermopile comes from 1840, and the one list dates from 1971!!!! So, how can anybody claim it is on a list of "suppressed inventions"????? I mean, you cant put things that is 130years old on a list of "suppressed inventions", and what is more, a LOT of things that are invented, doesn't go to the patent-board. I myself am very suspicious of the patent system, like software patents, in which in my mind, the USA goes over the top, with some companies (esp. the patent trolls) try to patent something that has been done for many years by everybody.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

1973 J1-A,1 CARBURETION, SHELL OIL CO. At the Annual SHELL OIL Companies employees contest, a highly modified 1959 Opel sets the record with 376.59 mpg at Wood River, IL.

There was a thread where I covered the "highly modified" cars which had high mile per gallon fuel ratios.

All the cars were so highly modified, some of them did not have suspensions, or enough torque to get them up a baby grade hill.

Nothing groundbreaking, nothing that would replace modern day cars...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by eXia7

There was a thread where I covered the "highly modified" cars which had high mile per gallon fuel ratios.

All the cars were so highly modified, some of them did not have suspensions, or enough torque to get them up a baby grade hill.

Nothing groundbreaking, nothing that would replace modern day cars...

HAHAHA riiight. The fact is right now we have the technology to run cars boats and possibly even planes on nothing more then water, there is suppressed free energy ideas as well. I think boncho is thoroughly convinced we live in a fairy tale world where the government is ran by unicorns and pixy dust, they would never lie to us or do anything sinister ever! they are true saints!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes they suppress a lot not to mention all the corporations that buy these patents and bury them.They want CONTROL OF OUR LIVES

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

HAHAHA riiight. The fact is right now we have the technology to run cars boats and possibly even planes on nothing more then water, there is suppressed free energy ideas as well. I think boncho is thoroughly convinced we live in a fairy tale world where the government is ran by unicorns and pixy dust, they would never lie to us or do anything sinister ever! they are true saints!

You know about these things so I assume you have seen convincing evidence. You should have no problem showing the plans and the science behind them.

Feel free to create a thread about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

I think boncho is thoroughly convinced we live in a fairy tale world where the government is ran by unicorns and pixy dust, they would never lie to us or do anything sinister ever! they are true saints!

By the way, if you reread my post you will see that I never mentioned anything about the government, pixie dust or unicorns.

As I stated, the high efficiency cars have come up in the forum, and I covered them. You can read that post here.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Boncho cleared that up.

Thanks Boncho

edit on 20-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join