It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Exploding!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

While I am fully confident of your ignorance in understanding the course of our country, I am open to hearing your justification. However, your reply, once again, is sharp without strength. You're accusations attempt to cut, but without justification, your trying to cut a diamond with a plastic knife. Either bring justification, or I will make it a point to identify your empty judgments, in all threads I see, as I have time.
edit on 8/20/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What happens if and when he doesn't make it past the primaries?
Hopefully he will realize that the country needs him, and he will run as an independent. Most independents get ignored, but I feel like a strong personality who has views that most people agree with will get lots of attention.

Teddy Roosevelt split from the Republicans and formed the Bull Moose party, and he got elected. Let's hope if Ron Paul doesn't win the primary, he goes independent and wins.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

As you've apparantly been watching enough of my comments to base that perception on you are well aware of all the times I've justified every comment i've made either through explanation or sources and if you still doubt you are free to peruse my post history for your answers.

Anything else?
edit on 20-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Reality is, obviously, contrary to your words. This thread is enough of an example. However, it is obvious in other threads as well. Certainly there are times in which you may use portions of truth to highlight your stance, but as a matter of methodology, as a matter of passion, justification is not in your expressions.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Dasher

The Constitution was written to remove absolute power from the States as that was the issue of the time. "To make a more perfect union," as stated. You cannot have a more perfect union with 50 different sets of rules.

The central government at the time had ZERO power to enforce the few responsibilities they had so they needed a new form of govermnent. Now Ron Paul wishes to return us to a system we already broke away from due to it's failure.

Actually, Ron Paul wants to return us to a more constitutional framework for Federal/State authority. State's rights have been suffering a "death by a thousands cuts" scenario for over 100 years. Some federal intervention is good, while much is unnecessary and frivolous.

If you think Ron Paul will roll in and somehow knee-jerk us back to 1777 where states are squabbling over every little issue, you need to research the candidate a bit more. I have full faith that if elected, his actions will logically and effectively make needed changes.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

What happens if and when he doesn't make it past the primaries?
Hopefully he will realize that the country needs him, and he will run as an independent. Most independents get ignored, but I feel like a strong personality who has views that most people agree with will get lots of attention.

Teddy Roosevelt split from the Republicans and formed the Bull Moose party, and he got elected. Let's hope if Ron Paul doesn't win the primary, he goes independent and wins.

Wow your history knowledge is not very good. Why even comment with such inaccuracies. Teddy formed the Bull Moose party after it was obvious he wouldn't get the Republican nomination and than got crushed in the election of 1912.

He did however give a speech after he was shot in an assasinaton attempt leading it off with these words. "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Wow your history knowledge is not very good. Why even comment with such inaccuracies. Teddy formed the Bull Moose party after it was obvious he wouldn't get the Republican nomination and than got crushed in the election of 1912.

He did however give a speech after he was shot in an assasinaton attempt leading it off with these words. "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."
Say what? My history sucks, you're right. I remember learning that he split into the Bull Moose party and won...

Let me rephrase that last post: Let's hope he runs as an independent like Teddy Roosevelt with the Bull Moose Party, but actually wins this time.

edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Say what? My history sucks, you're right. I remember learning that he split into the Bull Moose party and won...

It's very easy to get the earlier President's history mixed up.
edit on 20-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

No your worries are not wasted. Sad to say, but thats the american way. Only the good guys get shot in the back by the snakes who are really in control.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Good catch, in terms of facts. However, this exemplifies my point. You will use truth to diffuse and distract. But what did you actually communicate regarding the post you replied to? Did you show that his suggesting that Ron Paul run regardless of the Republican nomination is actually worthless? Or did you correct his incorrect statement? Certainly those are partially interrelated, but you did nothing to address the nature of the poster's message. While I agree with the general unction you shared regarding third parties (due to our broken party system), effectively communicating is critical when helping people come to a better understanding of things. Likewise, if, in your initial post on this thread, you had clearly outlined why it is unconstitutional, unethical, and/or ignorant/arrogant to have separately sovereign and united states, my words to you would be radically different. Please dig deeper. Being right is not the same as being justified and being justified is not the same as being right. It should be our goal as civilized men and women to seek righteousness and justification. That is to say; We should seek Good Judgment.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not exploding. Ron Paul is not leading most polls. The only ones he is "leading" are those which are self-selected where the Paul Bots spam the polls. In the Iowa straw poll Ron Paul PAID for almost 5,000 tickets and also paid to have himself put on the ballot. That's Okay. It was a fund raiser. It wasn't a scientific poll and few of them are, including the one on ATS. Ron Paul supporters are fooling themselves, but not anyone else.

Source

Texas Governor Rick Perry continues to ride the bounce of his Saturday announcement for his presidential taking 29% in the latest Rasmussen poll released early Tuesday afternoon.

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has led most polls with Minnesota Representative and Tea Party favorite Michelle Bachmann came in at 18% and 13% respectively.

Texas Representative and Libertarian cult favorite Ron Paul polled at 9% in the national poll of likely Republican primary voters despite his strong 2nd place finish in the Iowa Straw poll Saturday afternoon in Ames.

Among those polled by Rasmussen, Perry has a commanding lead over Bachmann at 39% to 21% in those who described themselves as Tea Party activists and even has a lead over Romney in those who describe themselves as non-Tea Party participants at 27% to 24%.

Paul couldn’t seem to capitalize on his vocal following of online supporters in the poll.

Ron Paul has a vocal and cult-like following, but can't bring together broad support from likely Republican voters. (Chip Somodevilla, Getty Images)

From the report,

“Paul, who emerged as a Cinderella of sorts from the Saturday straw poll, is viewed favorably by 43% and unfavorably by 45%. Gingrich is in a similar position with favorables of 48% and unfavorables of 43%.”

edit on 8/20/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Ron Paul is not exploding. Ron Paul is not leading most polls. Thde only ones he is "leading" are those which are self-selected where the Paul Bots spam the polls. In the Iowa straw poll Ron Paul PAID for almost 5,000 tickets and also paid to have himself put on the ballot. That's Okay. It was a fund raiser. It wasn't a sicnetific poll and few of them are, including the one on ATS. Ron Paul supporters are fooling themselves, but not anyone else.
You are the Buzz Killington of every Ron Paul thread.

Over the next few debates, people will see that all of the other candidates are phonies, and Ron Pauls supporters will skyrocket. Mark my words

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
WOW THANKS OP!

I never knew Ron Pauls birthday is 8/20. Had I known that, I would have gotten my birthday cake red, white and blue, being as Dr. Paul and I share the same birthday!!!!!!!!

That's incredible. Thank you so much for pointing that out op! Star and flag for you

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertarianExpress
WOW THANKS OP!

I never knew Ron Pauls birthday is 8/20. Had I known that, I would have gotten my birthday cake red, white and blue, being as Dr. Paul and I share the same birthday!!!!!!!!

That's incredible. Thank you so much for pointing that out op! Star and flag for you

on behalf of myself and ATS.

congratulations!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Perfect example of how Ron Paul can kill America.
If he loses the primaries and decides to run as an Independent, he will split the vote and most certainly guarantee another Obama victory.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Perfect example of how Ron Paul can kill America.
If he loses the primaries and decides to run as an Independent, he will split the vote and most certainly guarantee another Obama victory.
I'd rather have him run as an independent and at least try to get elected rather than lay down and let the country get raped either by four more years of fail, or by Bachmann, Romney, or Perry.

I can't see any of the candidates from the Republican side making any profound changes in comparison to Obama. Maybe Gingrich because he wants to audit the fed, but I just cannot see how any of the other candidates could benefit this country as president.

Who would be your choice, and why do you think they could help the country out?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You are the Buzz Killington of every Ron Paul thread.

Over the next few debates, people will see that all of the other candidates are phonies, and Ron Pauls supporters will skyrocket. Mark my words

I am trying to ground you in reality. The buzz is false. I like Ron Paul. It's just that I see his supporters in a bizzarro universe where they actually believe straw polls are valid. You are fooling yourselves and because you are, you're going to be making campaign mistakes. This is a net deficit to the Paul campaign.

It reminds me of Charlie Sheen proclaiming, "We're winning!"

Well, no, Charlie; you are not. You're a loser and you don't have tiger blood, but when you finally figure that out, I'm sure you'll find someone else to blame.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I am trying to ground you in reality. The buzz is false. I like Ron Paul. It's just that I see his supporters in a bizzarro universe where they actually believe straw polls are valid.
But de MSM tellz me dey are impoortint!

Oh wait, that only applies to candidates that aren't Ron Paul.

You are fooling yourselves and because you are, you're going to be making campaign mistakes. This is a net deficit to the Paul campaign.
I'm not his campaign manager, I'm just a supporter. How am I going to hurt his campaign by supporting him?

And what mistake am I making here? First you cite a source to back up your claim that Ron Paul isn't leading in the polls, then you say straw polls that Ron Paul does good in are invalid?

I'll admit they have sort of a carnival or bake sale feel to them rather than a serious political event, but if the MSM is going to give other candidates attention for winning strawpolls, I think they should treat Ron Paul the same way.

And he has been doing pretty good in lots of online polls, especially the one that followed the Iowa debate.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

yes they can, however that only seems to be noticed when ron paul is leading and ignored when others are leading.
they can vote in any of them, so it is a level playing field regardless.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Looks like he'll raise about 2 million for his birthday bash.
It's running about 80k per hour at the moment.

Happy Birthday to Ron Paul

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join