It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experiences for my Family and I- looking for other experiences, please share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well, here goes on my first thread. Unfortunately I cannot offer anything that would be acceptable as absolute proof on anything. Although no one else can seem to offer that either regardless of the claims.

My family and I have had a few experiences that make me personally believe that death is definitely not the end but may just be a new beginning. Although I am not sure what to make of my personal experience really
as it was different but definitely paranormal.

One of the most interesting stories was with my sister as a little kid. She had been very close with my mothers uncle. On one morning while we were all eating breakfast she told everyone that he came and said goodbye to her last night. Our parents automatically told her that it was a dream because he was many states away. Amazingly just a few hours later my parents received a call letting them know that he had passed that last night.

My mother has experienced several dreams where people that have passed have provided information that wqas true or could be perceived to be true. The first time I am aware of she awoke one day prior to taking a long drive with my dad letting him know that her grandmother told her she had to see the truck wityh the big A otherwise she would end up in a specific hospital with a specific room number (she saw both in her dream). My father, who had been a normal sceptic told her it was just a dream and they would be fine. During that trip they saw for the very first time a truck with only a large A on the side that was swerving. They stepped on the gas and got around that truck as fast as possible. Considering the warning was that she only had to see the truck they accomplished that and the trip was uneventfull. Although she did visit the hospital later and let us know the room number was a mirror image of her dream. At one point she dreamt about someone who passed telling her people needed to look in a certain place and once their family did they actually discovered something of value.

As for myself my experience was a little different and I have no idea how to possibly explain it. At one point in an apartment I lived in I decided to get myself a really good workout at night by swimming laps in the pool. I swam so many laps that when i was done walking up my stairs was actully difficult. When i finally got in my apartment I was so tired i passed out on the couch next to my door. At some point I woke up and lifted my head to see a woman sitting on the floor, with her arms around her knees, at the end of my couch against the wall. She had a look of extreme desperation and depression, so much so that my first instinct was not to ask 'who are you' or 'why are you here'. My immediate unthinking comment was 'are you ok' and as I reached for her she dissapeared completely. For a while I figured that I saw an actual ghost and was a little freaked out using any excuse not to go back to my apartment as poissible.

About a year later I had been seeing a woman that was going through a divorce and she was away from her son for longer than ever before with her husband watching him. While she was at my apartment I walked by to see her sitting the exact same way with the exact same look on her face. She was a mirror image of the woman I saw the year before yet almost forgot about until that moment. I was so shocked I did not know what to do or say and walked away, it took a few minutes to compose myself before I could give her any kind of comfort. Later I ended up marrying her and am raising her son as my own now, the ex is not involved much.

Can extreme physical exhaustion have some kind of connection to possible visions of the future? Yes it sounds crazy, even to me and I experienced it. Frankly I had an easier time accepting my families experiences as i believe that death is not the end although I cannot deny what I know to be true from personal experience.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hi there. My family and I have experienced our own type of paranormal events. While many people will say that these are made up since there is no proof, I know what I experienced, and you are in the same boat.

Anyways, while growing up, I was the oldest of 3 (at the time) with 2 younger sisters. One day while I was on vacation with my family (I was 10 at the time), I had a dream/knowledge that I my mom would be having 'my baby brother'. Now you must understand that at this point I had no idea how babies came into existance, and my mom did not know that she was pregnant, nor was she trying. (as she tells me now). Anyways, a few weeks later my mom found out she was in fact pregnant, and approximately 9 months later my brother was born....actually 2 days after my birthday. Since then, my brother and I have had a connection that cannot be explained. He was recently injured in a serious accident at work, and at approximately the same time that he was hurt (he is OK now), my hand (the same one he injured) went cold and numb when I was at work.

Other paranormal events include dreams that come true. My sisters, mom and I have an uncanny way of dreaming about major events (be it a pregnancy in the family/friend circle, death, or global event) only to find them come true weeks later. I am 36 years old and still find it unnerving when these things happen.

Like I mentioned above, there will be many, many people who simply laugh or call these type of experiences crazy, but there are those of us out there that believe you and have experienced things ourselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thank you Scuba, very interesting experiences you have had as well.

Honostly most of the things unexplainable for me and my family were dream related. I've actually wondered if I was dreaming when I had my vision of the future. Having been so exhausted I am not positive that I woke up and saw her or if I had a realistic dream. It seemed to me that I was awake for sure but I have wondered if it was just a very realistic dream.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1977

It sounds like you had a vision. It never happened to me, mostly just had precognitive dreams but nothing global or to do with anyone else but me really and when I saw that the situation was playing out like my dream, I'd change what I said or actions I took. Now I think I deviated too much because it has been about 19 years almost and I no longer have precognitive dreams. You are very lucky.
edit on 20-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I suppose I am lucky, if I hadn't had that vision and saw her when I did we may not have ended up together. During that time I was a little torn knowing she was still officially married even if they were split up and she was trying to get a divorce.

We've been together a couple of years now and her son calls me Daddy. We don't hide anything from him letting him know who his real Dad is but he is still too young to understand completely. We have a great family and I am very happy to be with them.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1977
Can extreme physical exhaustion have some kind of connection to possible visions of the future? Yes it sounds crazy, even to me and I experienced it. Frankly I had an easier time accepting my families experiences as i believe that death is not the end although I cannot deny what I know to be true from personal experience.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

I've experienced most of my more vivid visions, or encounters when I have been extremely exhausted. I'm an insomniac, and I used to see all sorts of ghosts, talk with them and the likes and obviously this makes my stories less credible to therapists family and friends. I do believe that the lack of sleep can allow us to obtain an altered state as well. I have taken sleeping pills, to help with the insomnia and have experienced entirely different phenomena as well. As far as exhaustion expanding our minds normal potential I absolutely Agree with you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1977

two years ago i moved to a first floor apartment, and installed an air conditioner.

laying on the floor in front of the tv, i fell asleep.

in a dream, i opened a door to find a bathroom.

opened two more doors only to find more bathrooms and woke up.

i thought, i must need to go to the bathroom and got up.

in the kitchen, i realized i didn't need to go to a bathroom and thought, this is a strange dream.

then i heard a very loud noise, and thought is was a car accident.

went into the living room to find the air conditioner laying upside down on the blanket i was sleeping on.

vandals walking past the house pushed on the air conditioner and sent it flying through the air.

i missed being killed by two minutes.

the noise was so loud that my upstairs neighbors said they jumped out of bed.

i figured someone was watching over me and had a humorous way of warning me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Thank you Ilyich, regarding the encounters you had did any turn out to be popssible visions of the future? Would you mind sharing a little more specifics regarding these encounters?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

I think dreams can be a powerful tool if you pay attention. Maybe in the dream state we are more open to outside influences and, in the case of my family, our loved ones that have past can have some form of limited contact and/or communication with us. I wouldn't automatically discount the possibility that your dream was some sort of warning. Either way you were very lucky.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
interesting OP and all posts. I wuldnt call it paranormal what has happend to me but since we are talking about dreams ill go ahead and throw mine in here, there have been times where I am somewhere or doing something and suddenly i remember hey ive been here before. and usually it was from a dream, and it is nothing of significance usually it culd be just something like walking into a buisness and i see someone walking in in front of me an i get tht fealing like oh ya ive been here before. It is just really wierd but it happens from time to time haha thanks for the good reads tho

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thank you for postng, a thread like this should at least be interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1977
reply to post by Ilyich

Thank you Ilyich, regarding the encounters you had did any turn out to be popssible visions of the future? Would you mind sharing a little more specifics regarding these encounters? [/quote

I have had a few instances where i would dream, or day dream about an event and then in the next week it happens, but I don't think I've ever had a vision Knew exactly what I saw and try to wait and see if it happens. Most often I will have a dream about a family member or my best friend and if it's weird enough I will talk to them, and sometimes it comes true later on. I have a hard time distinguishing which is which sometimes so other than my own personal amusement, I haven't tried to make any substancial predictions. Most often then events, that I get a future sight into are always something sad. It's almost never a dream about someone winning some money, or happily discovering they are pregnant.

The most recent " Vision " I got was almost a year ago. I fell asleep on the couch, and my fiance's friend was in the room. When I nodded off, it was the exact same situation as I was before falling asleep, except my fiance's friend was pregnant. When they nudged me to wake me up, I wasn't too interested in the dream but I did tell my fiance. The next week, we are all sitting downstairs on the couch, and Tabitha turns to my fiance and says " Oh my god I don't know what I'm going to do. Jess, I'm pregnant. " Well, tuddah and in this case this isn't a happy pregnancy. Tabitha's boyfriend is an abusive prick who cheats on her all the time, and she just turned 18.....

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Can I ask where you're from?

And what was the apartment building like, that you were in? Did you get the feeling you weren't alone, ever in your apartment too?

Sounds freaky, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing Ilyitch

At the time I was in Arizona and the Apartment was a one bedroom apartment. Generally no I didn't get the feeling that someone was with me in the apartment. Maybe for a little bit after the vision but I think that was more my mind playing tricks on me when I believed what I saw was a ghost.

top topics

join