It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way, The Truth, and The Life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im not the type of person to preach my beliefs to anyone. Everyone has the right to their own belief, and their own interpretation of what is said in the bible and other texts.

Unfortunatly in the past few weeks i've been called a witch
(misunderstanding) ... A liar... and apparently i don't know Jesus, all because i disagree with certian peoples beliefs. And of course there are some people on this forum who just don't seem to understand english... but lets not go there.

I intend to show what i believe Jesus was talking about when he said... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...

Remember this is my interpretation... You're free to agree or disagree with it.

Lets define some things

The way = How he lived, and the example he set.

We know according to the bible he apparently led a "sinless" life, and he did not lie. Im not posting this to preach a bible lesson. Please find this information yourselves if you already do not know or believe it. Not only was his life apparently "sinless" but you can also find information that would show you he was "harmless" as well... Thus prompting me to substitute "thou shall not kill" for "Thou shall not Harm" in my posts relating to that subject.

Take a look at this little story...

as Jesus was going with some of his disciples he met with a certain man who trained dogs to hunt other creatures. And he said to the man, Why doest thou thus? and the man said, By this I live and what profit is there to any in these creatures? these creatures are weak, but the dogs they are strong. And Jesus said, Thou lackest wisdom and love. Lo, every creature which God hath made hath its end, and purpose, and who can say what good is there in it? or what profit to thyself, or mankind? 7. And, for thy living, behold the fields yielding their increase, and the fruit-bearing trees and the herbs; what needest thou more than these which honest work of thy hands will not give to thee? Woe to the strong who misuse their strength, Woe to the hunters for they shall be hunted.
8. And the man marvelled, and left off training the dogs to hunt, and taught them to save life rather than destroy, And he learned of the doctrines of Jesus and became his disciple.

One of many examples of exactly how this character from ancient times apparently lived... He loved not only all people, but all things living without exception...

3. And the birds gathered around him, and welcomed him with their song, and other living creatures came unto his feet, and he fed them, and they ate out of his hands. 4. And when he departed he blessed the women who shewed love unto him, and turning to the fig tree, he blessed it also, saying. Thou hast given me shelter and shade from the burning heat, and withal thou hast given me food also.
5. Blessed be thou, increase and be fruitful, and let all who come to thee, find rest and shade and food, and let the birds of the air rejoice in thy branches.
6. And behold the tree grew and flourished exceedingly, and its branches took root downward, and sent shoots upward, and it spread mightily, so that no tree was like unto it for its size and beauty, and the abundance and goodness of its fruit.
7. AND as Jesus entered into a certain village he saw a young cat which had none to care for her, and she was hungry and cried unto him, and he took her up, and put her inside his garment, and she lay in his bosom.
8. And when he came into the village he set food and drink before the cat, and she ate and drank, and shewed thanks unto him. And he gave her unto one of his disciples, who was a widow, whose name was Lorenza, and she took care of her.
9. And some of the people said, This man careth for all creatures, are they his brothers and sisters that he should love them ? And he said unto them, Verily these are your fellow creatures of the great Household of God, yea, they are your brethren and sisters, having the same breath of life in the Eternal.
10. And whosoever careth for one of the least of these, and giveth it to eat and drink in its need, the same doeth it unto me, and whoso willingly suffereth one of these to be in want, and defendeth it not when evilly entreated, suffereth the evil as done unto me; for as ye have done in this life, so shall it be done unto you in the life to come.

The Life

We'll start with the bible....

I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

And whatsoever ye do unto the Cast of these my children, ye do it unto me. For I am in them and they are in me, Yea, I am in all creatures and all creatures are in me. In all their joys I rejoice, in all their afflictions I am afflicted. Wherefore I say unto you: Be ye kind one to another, and to all the creatures of God.

Those that truely follow his teachings are as he said "the light of the world" because those are people who have realized that the body is more then just flesh. The spirit within every living being is the light of the world. It connects all of us... man, animal, plant.... all life.

Understanding that any harm you bring to another living creature is litterally harming yourself, because we are all a part of the whole is important to your spiritual development. If you chose to accept this so be it... If you do not... Same deal

It is my belief that Jesus was a man that knew from birth, where he came from. Where we all came from. And he was sent to show us the existance of Life after death. This realization is how you're "saved" so to speak. The realization of the spirit within yourself that is eternal. This is where one must start and through this realization you can know God.... if you chose to do so.

Notice what he said here...

12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

13The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

14Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

15Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

He is the all that embodies the "Spirit" within all men... The darkness is the physical / material world which does not understand the spiritual. If you chose attachment to material things.... That is your choice.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Which brings us to the truth.

A very hard concept only because truth is completely subjective. One person's truth is not the same as another persons. What i can say about the truth is exactly what Jesus taught.

Love is truth...

Im not talking about lust or infatuation. Love is a respect you give to another being, accepting them for who they are regardless of how they treat you or others or what they believe. Helping another being when they're in need. Careing for other people and seeing them as your equal no matter how they might look or what their situation is.

We're all here to learn our lessons, and this mutual respect is something you have the choice to give. You of course are free to do as you will. Though living with love is much easier for everyone because love spreads like wildfire. Sadly, so does hate.

Just imagine a world where each of us had this respect for everyone else. The problems experienced in the world would litterally cease to exist. Though somehow im starting to believe that this ideal world will never exist simply because we as a species are not willing to look past our differences and realize we are all a part of the same whole.

Instead of finishing this post with my usual quote Luke 27-38

Im going to try something a little different, in the spirit of Love which is mainly what life is about. Im sure many haven't read this passage before though it is actually what i've been quoting from in this thread.

1. AGAIN the twelve were gathered together in the Circle of palm trees, and one of them even Thomas said to the other, What is Truth? for the same things appear different to different minds, and even to the same mind at different times. What, then, is Truth?
2. And as they were speaking Jesus appeared in their midst and said, Truth, one and absolute, is in God alone, for no man, neither any body of men, knoweth that which God alone knoweth, who is the All in All.. To men is Truth revealed, according to their capacity to understand and receive.
3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.
5. Behold again, When one climbeth a mountain and attaining one height, he saith, This is the top of the mountain, let us reach it, and when they have reached that height, lo, they see another beyond it until they come to that height from which no other height is to be seen, if so be they can attain it.
6. So it is with Truth. I am the Truth and the Way and the Life, and have given to you the Truth I have received from above. And that which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another. That which appeareth true to some, seemeth not true to others. They who are in the valley see not as they who are on the hill top.
7. But to each, it is the Truth as the one mind seeth it, and for that time, till a higher Truth shall be revealed unto the same: and to the soul which receiveth higher light, shall be given more light. Wherefore condemn not others, that ye be not condemned.
8.As ye keep the holy Law of Love, which I have given unto you, so shall the Truth be revealed more and more unto you, and the Spirit of Truth which cometh from above shall guide you, albeit through many wanderings, into all Truth, even as the fiery cloud guided the children of Israel through the wilderness.
9. Be faithful to the light ye have, till a higher light is given to you. Seek more light, and ye shall have abundantly; rest not, till ye find.
10. God giveth you all Truth, as a ladder with many steps, for the salvation and perfection of the soul, and the truth which seemeth to day, ye will abandon for the higher truth of the morrow. Press ye unto Perfection.
11. Whoso keepeth the holy Law which I have given, the same shall save their souls, however differently they may see the truths which I have given.
12. Many shall say unto me, Lord, Lord, we have been zealous for thy Truth. But I shall say unto them, Nay, but, that others may see as ye see, and none other truth beside.Faith without charity is dead. Love is the fulfilling of the Law.
13. How shall faith in what they receive profit them that hold it in unrighteousness? They who have love have all things, and without love there is nothing worth. Let each hold what they see to be the truth in love, knowing that where love is not, truth is a dead letter and profiteth nothing.
14. There abide Goodness, and Truth, and Beauty, but the greatest of these is Goodness. If any have hatred to their fellows, and harden their hearts to the creatures of God’s hands, how can they see Truth unto salvation, seeing their eyes are blinded and their hearts are hardened to God’s creation?
15. As I have reveived the Truth, so have I given it to you. Let each receive it according to their light and ability to understand, and persecute not those who receive it after a different interpretation.
16. For Truth is the Might of God, and it shall prevail in the end over all errors. But the holy Law which I have given is plain for all, and just and good. Let all observe it for the salvation of their souls.

Find love, and you shall find truth...

Thank you my friends

edit on 19-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe I'm just not seeing it...Those are really nice stories, but where are they from? I freely admit I am not all up on my bible studies, but It seems I'd have remembered those and I don't recall them at all. I hope they are in the bible.
edit on 8/19/2011 by ReluctantBlossom because: Had to pluralize some stuff

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe I'm just not seeing it...That's a really nice story, but where is it from? I freely admit I am not all up on my bible studies, but It seems I'd have remembered that story and I don't recall it at all. I hope it is in the bible.

Im sorry to dash your hopes my friend but it is not in the bible... I do not represent any religion or sect.

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

may the light and the love of the Lord follow you and watch over you. now more than ever we are in trying times and too many don't realize or care they are being tested. don't you worry if some call you names or others throw stones. you are walking the good walk and trying to share the love. mighty is a soldier who carries no weapon or shield with their loving faith to protect them. keep standing strong for your beliefs and your faith will guide you. may others witness that love and seek the truth, may the scales fall from their eyes so they may see, may the hardness disappear from their hearts so they may love.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

My thanks for the kind words...

I can't be swayed in my beliefs my friend.

Love is the path... Those who chose to accept it will find truth

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Jesus preached about loving your enemies as you love your neighbors, so there is some truth in your words.

However, love is not truth. You can love your way right throught the gates of hell. It is written that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" (paraphrased) meaning that you can have the best intentions all you want, but to God your good works and good deeds are a stinking, filthy, puss filled dirty rag (Paul whom was Saul of Tarsus) unless it is for Him and through Him that you do your works.

When Jesus said "I AM, the truth the life and the way, NO ONE comes to the father but through me" He meant it as he said it, and he was also claiming to be God in the flesh, which infuriated the pharisees. Jesus was not advocating we be perfect because we are not him and we can never be perfect no matter how hard we strive. It was his will that we strive to keep God's laws.
edit on 19-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

And lastly, it isnt "thou shalt not kill" it is "thou shalt not murder". God had no problems allowing the hebrews to make war on the canaanites, but war is not murder. Wars are fought for causes, and the hebrews cause was God gave them that land and said for them to take it, so it was their right. God however, does not want people to be killed in cold blood, as Cain slew Abel.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good post. If you confess Jesus before men, He will confess you before the father. God looks at you through Christ. Right now, we see God through the Trinity. The Trinity is Father (Light), Son (Word / Wave / Force) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness). God is all three of these in one person, projected to us in three. We are one person, reflecting these three. We are a body made of light. Light is both particle and wave. The wave is the Word that spoke you into existence. This is the duality of light in physics that makes you into substance with form. All living matter has consciousness (Spirit). This is the last part of the Trinity. We are a body (Particle and wave) and consciousness. God on one side and us on the other, both one person. The projection point between is the Trinity. We are 'in' the image of God--Literally! LINK

This is the simplest way to view our relationship to God. What is missing? We need the Holy spirit to replace our spirit. Our consciousness is in a state of material development. We are developing the ability to value love. It is our job to separate the darkness from the light by God's example. When you have rightly divided truth, you are left with love. Love is the 1 Corinthians 13 type of Agape love (Divine Love). When this love is discovered through Jesus, then you are said to be 'in' Jesus. You have been captured form the fallen image and reflected back to God in Holiness. God receives your image back again. This is salvation. Faith leads to Hope and then to Love. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. The way is the process of refining the image. The truth is love. The life comes form transcending the image that God first placed us in.

We do this by gaining union with the spirit. Earth is a womb of development. Union with the spirit allows our tree above to bear fruit from the roots below (our life lived). When it bears fruit above, we are then "born again into a new realm."

edit on 19-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

However, love is not truth. You can love your way right throught the gates of hell.

Really? How?

It is written that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Find out where "hell" came from my friend...

It does not exist....

A word often used in scripture in reference to hell is Gehenna. Gehennas' true meaning has been forgotten by the passage of time. Gehenna was a well-known location in the time of Christ. Contrary to popular belief, Gehenna was not a place of other worldly fiery torment. Gehenna was a location just outside of Jerusalem.

Gehenna was a garbage dump. Used by Jews of the time to get rid of, or destroy things. Gehenna was a place to cast ones garbage, dead and diseased bodies, the bodies of criminals, and other refuse. In order to ensure complete and utter destruction, the Jews kept the fires of Gehenna always burning. Often fueling the fires with sulfur. Gehenna was a large valley often resembling, because of its size, a “burning lake of fire”. Many things aside from garbage were thrown into Gehenna. Often, the bodies of diseased dead people were thrown into Gehenna to ensure the diseases utter destruction and removal from populated areas. Also commonly thrown into the fires were the bodies of criminals, seen as a somewhat cleansing of society by utterly destroying the offenders. The fires of Gehenna were kept perpetually burning to utterly consume the corrupt things which were thrown into it.

but to God your good works and good deeds are a stinking, filthy, puss filled dirty rag (Paul whom was Saul of Tarsus) unless it is for Him and through Him that you do your works.

Says you, and paul...

Im not interested in what Paul had to say honestly....

When Jesus said "I AM, the truth the life and the way, NO ONE comes to the father but through me" He meant it as he said it, and he meant to use his life as an example ontop of that.

Isn't that what i said? "By his example"

Jesus was not advocating we be perfect because we are not him and we can never be perfect no matter how hard we strive. It was his will that we strive to keep God's laws.

you mean these?

34But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You didn't happen to notice "love" being the main theme of these commandments?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I never said love wasnt high up in the ranks of what Jesus wished for us to do. I quoted Paul, whom Jesus loved as if he had been one of his own disciples. If Christ himself could appear to a pharisee who was persecuting Jesus' own believers, and love him and make him one of his own, then he obviously knew Paul's heart, and Paul from that day forward loved Christ as well. Paul would not preach lies, in the end he died for the Lord and was beheaded on the Ostian Road.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Akragon

I never said love wasnt high up in the ranks of what Jesus wished for us to do. I quoted Paul, whom Jesus loved as if he had been one of his own disciples. If Christ himself could appear to a pharisee who was persecuting Jesus' own believers, and love him and make him one of his own, then he obviously knew Paul's heart, and Paul from that day forward loved Christ as well. Paul would not preach lies, in the end he died for the Lord and was beheaded on the Ostian Road.

This is not the point...

Jesus loved everyone, but what others preached is not what this thread is about.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

However, love is not truth. You can love your way right throught the gates of hell.

Really? How?

It is written that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

You are using a quote from Saint Bernard of Clairvaux in the 10th Century AD. Intention is for law. Intent is for the spirit. We are not under the law of sin and death when we place our souls in the care of the Son. Our intent is the faith we have in Christ. This is apart from our works. We are not capable of doing anything that was not already done by Christ. Is this a reason to sin? No. We are new creations. Our loving attitudes toward others is a reflection of this love that is refining us. Despite this, our righteousness is still as filthy rags by our own efforts Isaiah 64:6.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have heard just about every argument, theory and opinion on the bible/christianity. The problem is that people accept a book that was put together roughly 400 yrs ago. The bible is nothing more than a book put together by men who worked for the government. They had libraries full of "holy" writings that spanned thousands of years and were gathered from all parts of the world. These men got to pick and choose what books were "inspired". All the stories in the bible can be found in different cultures, religions and mythology. Some of these stories were written 1000 yrs before the oldest "holy" scriptures. It is my belief that having an opinion based on research of many different sources would be the best way to decide ones belief in God. It is my opinion that God wants us to be humble and loving. Most evangelicals (am a former 20 yr regular church goer) are brainwashed from a young age by family and church. Those leaders were brainwashed by seminaries, who were brainwashed by the generation before them and so on. The fear of standing before God and possibly burning in hell for eternity is a strong motivator and keeps these people from questioning theology. I believe in some of the historical claims and prophecies in the bible and I believe Jesus may very well have been the messiah/son of God. However, just because some truth is found in the bible doesnt mean you just blindly follow all the teachings of the bible or the church, as if any human is an authority of what books belong in the bible. There are plenty of books written throughout history containing truth and prophecy. The bible is the only book that is given God-status.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No true. I have the complete works of Josephus. 18.3 recognizes Jesus from his own century. Josephus was the most respected Jewish historian and not connected with the Roman authorities. The oldest books of the Bible are verified from antiquity and mentioned in other works. Not only this, but too many archaeological discoveries verify the history in the Bible. These facts would have been lost to history apart form having a verification from the Bible. Names, places, events...all evidence my friend. The Bible is as real and authentic as any book known to man. It was preserved for a reason. This goes against all the odds.

The fact that the Hebrew people were in scattered among the nations is yet another astonishing fact. No other nation on the planet has experienced this with a return to the original homeland. Science backs the bloodlines as preserved in most cases. This is beyond description and a novelty event in history.

Then, take the history of 1948. No other date in history marked such a tipping point in the history of man. This date will forever be seen as the hinge of history.

Originally posted by modeerftahw
I have heard just about every argument, theory and opinion on the bible/christianity. The problem is that people accept a book that was put together roughly 400 yrs ago. The bible is nothing more than a book put together by men who worked for the government. They had libraries full of "holy" writings that spanned thousands of years and were gathered from all parts of the world. These men got to pick and choose what books were "inspired". All the stories in the bible can be found in different cultures, religions and mythology. Some of these stories were written 1000 yrs before the oldest "holy" scriptures. It is my belief that having an opinion based on research of many different sources would be the best way to decide ones belief in God. It is my opinion that God wants us to be humble and loving. Most evangelicals (am a former 20 yr regular church goer) are brainwashed from a young age by family and church. Those leaders were brainwashed by seminaries, who were brainwashed by the generation before them and so on. The fear of standing before God and possibly burning in hell for eternity is a strong motivator and keeps these people from questioning theology. I believe in some of the historical claims and prophecies in the bible and I believe Jesus may very well have been the messiah/son of God. However, just because some truth is found in the bible doesnt mean you just blindly follow all the teachings of the bible or the church, as if any human is an authority of what books belong in the bible. There are plenty of books written throughout history containing truth and prophecy. The bible is the only book that is given God-status.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by modeerftahw

Wrong, the first Books of the Bible were taking from the Torah which the first 5 books were written by Moses himself. Our bible is the total collection of books from the Old Testament (Torah) and New Testament. The works in the New Testament were not altogether written by all the apostles themselves, some of them were illiterate and would have had another person transcribe their stories and teachings when they themselves could not. Not all of the disciples were jews, some were gentiles and it was not uncommon for gentiles to be illiterate in those days.

One must remember that in those times, paper (parchment,papyrus) was a rare commodity and many of the scriptures were written on animal skins and over time had to be copied when the originals began to decay. The Holy Bible was in existence long before America was ever discovered, but it was the Holy Roman Catholic Church that put the books into one volume and left out the gnostic books of which one was the Book of Enoch and the Dead Sea Scrolls wouldnt be discovered for several hundred more years.

Where Prostestants broke away from Catholics was when we refused to bow down to the Pope as if he were Christ, because we no longer believed that we needed a priest in order to reach God because Christ was our redeemer and we could speak to God through Christ. Christians didn't need an emissary from Jesus because each and every one of us was the emissary of Christ as was the gift that came with his saving our souls. Another thing that became anathema to us was that catholics pray to Mary the human mother of Christ, as if she has any sway over Christ or God which really did not sit well with protestants. We did not believe in hailing Mary for any reason, nor bending knee to statues of her or Jesus as if the objects were them, it was akin to idol worship. Instead we try to picture Christ/God in our minds when we pray.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Our loving attitudes toward others is a reflection of this love that is refining us. Despite this, our righteousness is still as filthy rags by our own efforts Isaiah 64:6.

If your works are done with the intent of having some reward, then i would agree.

Though if your works are done without selfish intention having only love in your heart... Your efforts are not "filthy" in the eyes of God so to speak.

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So, one that loves him keeps his commandments.... and God shall give him "another comforter" which is the spirit of truth, and "they" know the spirit of truth because it dwells within them.

Does that not sound like Love?

Those that love do the works of the God through that love... not for selfish reasons, but for the sake of Love for your neighbour as he commanded.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You said:

No true. I have the complete works of Josephus. 18.3 recognizes Jesus from his own century. He was a Jewish historian and not connected in any way with the Roman authorities. The oldest books of the Bible are verified from antiquity and mentioned in other works. Not only this, but too many archaeological discoveries verify the history in the Bible. These facts would have been lost to history apart form having a verification from the Bible. Names, places, events...all evidence my friend. The Bible is as real and authentic as any book known to man. It was preserved for a reason. This goes against all the odds.

I can attest to this personally. EVERY site that has been discovered in the Holy Land has been discovered by archeologists because of the bible. Without the bible we wouldn't have even known where to begin looking for these ruins. Jericho has been rediscovered by using the bible to triangulate where it once stood. The location of masada was discovered using the bible, and Herod's Tomb as well. Archeologist Simcha Jacobovici discovered the true Mt. Sinai where Moses brought water from the rocks ontop of the plateau, and where the burial places of the elders had been. Here's the link to the Exodus Decoded if you want to see the real Mt. Sinai.

theexodusdecoded.net...

Without the bible these sites would have been forgotten. Unfortunately you cannot reach Mt. Sinai because it is on Egyptian Military land and there is a base nearby which makes me sad because it is where God first gave Moses the laws christians try to live by and we would make pilgrammages there if we could. This is also a hotbed of tension because Mt. Sinai would validate the Israelites claims on Jerusalem and all of Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am reminded of these verses as well. What do you think of this perspective presented by Paul?

9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin.

10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It seems we are both saying essentially the same thing. The Mt. Sinai discovery is amazing. Jacobovici was not the one to discover Sinai in Syria. He only used the work of the guys below. Here is the real video:

LINK
Bob Cornuke and Larry Williams are your guys.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that if you made a book of Jesus' teachings from the four gospels alone (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) it would be quite small?

Have you considered that this small bit of material from him could possibly be esoteric teachings, that if true, would bring you into a new appreciation for who he is?

edit on 19-8-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: I'm the queen of typos people.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by Akragon

I am reminded of these verses as well. What do you think of this perspective presented by Paul?

9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin.

10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
not even one.”
13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

As i've said my friend, i do not life my life according to paul. This is a very dark perspective honestly, one i do not believe.

~There is no one righteous, not even one;

I believe there was one...

~ there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God

I disagree, though there are few that truely understand

~ All have turned away,
not even one.”

Not true, perhaps in the day when this was written it was true.

~ and the way of peace they do not know.

Is this entire thread not about Love and peace?

And i do not Fear God...

I've heard many things about paul. In some cases you can read he is spot on with Jesus' teachings, though i find he sways off course quite a bit and adds his own spice to his belief.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join