It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News - The mystery of Comet Elenin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

RT News - The mystery of Comet Elenin

rt.com

Astronomers and other outer space experts are speaking out on a comet expected to make a close call with colliding into Earth later this year. The consequences could be dire, so why are so many people unaware of it?

“I think it’s worth a raised eyebrow” says author Brooks Agnew. He’s done a lot of research on Elenin and tells RT that there are some rather strange coincidences regarding the comet that people should take into consideration.

“A lot of people are concerned about it,” says Agnew. “We’ve done a lot of research on Comet Elenin and what we’ve found is there’s
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
RT news, I love em, they aren't afraid of a good conspiracy! Now, I'm not really into this comet and the fear mongering that goes along with it but I wanted to share this article and video with ATS. I suppose I'm playing Devil's Advocate. Be sure to watch the video as well, RT interviews Brooks Agnew who is an author & host of X-squared radio.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Isn't "Leonid Elenin" a russian? Doesn't Russia Today have the resources on their home turf to do a proper investigation into this man?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Elenin means different things to different people, it is, in effect, an important event regardless if it hits Earth or not at this point. Which side of the fence am I on? Not quite sure for certain but I do believe that it will change our lives in one way or the other, weather for better or for worse is the question.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was debating on making this into a thread yesterday. Glad you finally did.

I found it to be interesting, to say the least. I really like the very end - where he gets cut off.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
RT reports on missing data from NASA regarding comet ELENIN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Isn't "Leonid Elenin" a russian? Doesn't Russia Today have the resources on their home turf to do a proper investigation into this man?

He definitely is Russian but this RT segment is their USA division. But, I think if they did interview Leonid they aren't going to get much of a story out of him because I'm sure, in his opinion, there is no conspiracy and that its just another comet that will not affect Earth at all. RT, like all media outlets, much have their sensationalism too, although they did a pretty good job not going off the deep end. Instead they just asked the 'what if' questions and brought forth their evidence.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
RT reports on missing data from NASA regarding comet ELENIN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do know there can be 1 story in this forum and another existing forum at the same time? Although, thanks for the link for more discussion on the matter

Damn, he beat me by 55 minutes

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This video has absolutely nothing in it. It's the same old fearmongering seen on this website, EXCEPT there's even less in it. This "expert" they have clearly just read stuff off of the internet and didn't do any real research himself.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Yeah you're right. He only wrote a book and hosts a radio show. But as far as saying he's said nothing new, well, what else is there to say about this comet? I mean really, haven't all the bases been covered? I just think it's neat to see this on some form of media besides YouTube, this site and others.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I guess it is time to get a lot of guns and ammo....find out where the bunkers are and be awaiting entry.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nah, screw that. In my opinion, which is based off of no facts
, we'll be just fine.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by MamaJ

Nah, screw that. In my opinion, which is based off of no facts
, we'll be just fine.

What if you are wrong though? I mean if they are making preparations....hell ....I want to also.

I have been on the fence but the more I hear about some people's facts...the more I start to come off of the fence and lean toward ....they know it is coming and arent saying anything besides giving hints here and there.."hey we are building bunkers....you may want to too".

What to do..what to do.....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Call it a gut feeling I guess
I also look at it this way, if the poop is gonna hit the fan, we're done. Those few elites and survivalists will be ready, but too be honest, if the world becomes anything like the Mad Max movies or Waterworld, I want no part of it
. So take me away comet, if that is your plan, I'll be back when things are cool again (hopefully not too cool!).

But with 2012 literally around the corner and all this talk of mass conscious and awakenings, what a waste it would be if we all were wiped out by this comet! I'll be home, chillin and waitin, chillin and waitin

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just a big distraction away from the real threat, YU-55

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Someone needs to tell her it's not comet yellenin.......

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

What? What is that? Links please, or at least a short summary. We should know what it is we might be afraid of, otherwise we have nothing to fear

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It's a 400 metres asteroid that will pass closer to Earth than the Moon, so the possibility of a little change in direction that would bring it to Earth is bigger than with Elenin, but I don't think it will hit us.

But I also think that nobody would tell us if they thought it would hit.

PS: RT is an interesting news channel, they do not look afraid of exploring any point of view.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Apparently, YU55 is an asteroid, discovered in 2005, that will pass really close to earth in November of this year.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I am still on the fence about what Elenin is truly all about....the logical part of me wants to believe that it is simply everything NASA says it is...however, the intuitive part says that we are not getting the entire story. I also don't think that if there was to be a global emergency that any government would alert the public. That would cause massive panic and chaos. If there is information out there of an event - be it Elenin or YU55, etc. - you can bet only a select number of individuals will know the truth. Granted with the number of people watching the sky, we are bound to at least hear about potential theories of what they are seeing....which leads us right back to the various conspiracies out there.

The biggest point that I have heard from family and friends is that if something is going to happen on a global scale, there really is nothing we can do about it. I mean where can we go? Mars?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join