It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-U.S Basketball Friendship Match erupts in vicious brawl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

experience? no it isn't, that's merely bigotry to hate and distrust all americans over a few bad encounters. and i'd argue that adapting to those cultures from outside the US is something we do better than most peoples due to our lax immigration policies over the years.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I see it when Americans come to europe, they just become loud mouthed arrogant people. They just practically insult other cultures, they refuse to adjust to another culture's way of life, just like some immigrants.

Growing up in a tourist town in Florida, I saw the Europeans, in particular Germans, become the loud mouthed, arrogant people quite often. So, I would wager that Americans haven't quite cornered the "loud-mouthed and arrogant" market just yet.

As for the OP's post, I wouldn't say that this brawl is a reflection of the behind the scene tensions at all. I could imagine that it was just a rough game and someone eventually just snapped (we've all been there when we've played sports!).

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In regards to the loud obnoxious tourists, that can be anybody. Usually it has more to do with that those involved aren't likely to be visiting a locale again anytime soon. If you don't know anybody and vice-versa, you're just less likely to care about what your reputation is. Of course in many tourist areas, enough money tossed about seems to smooth over most problems.

As for the basketball game, it has less to do with American and China relations and probably more to do with ghetto and guanxi culture not mixing very well. Both are used to pulling off a lot of # in their respective countries and getting away with it. So unless somebody impartial was observing right at the beginning, it would be rather hard to tell who started it. It does look bad though, but shouldn't be thought of as representative of the nations as a whole.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

no wonder your so honary, your from DOuSChELANd

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

American's causing more problems? Trying to start another war?

Uh, World War 1 and World War 2 - started by Europeans ring a (historical) bell with you? Not to mention all the European wars for the last 2,000 years or so ...

And how about all the economic problems caused by Greece, Italy, Spain, Ireland, etc. that are screwing up the world markets?

You are clearly quite clueless, and your avatar name even sounds quite narcissistic.

I see it when Americans come to europe, they just become loud mouthed arrogant people. They just practically insult other cultures, they refuse to adjust to another culture's way of life, just like some immigrants.

Another foolish statement when the reason Americans go to Europe is to see all those other cultures - the cultures of their own ancestors for many tourists.

So, what's got your panties in a wad over Americans? Did you get denied for a visa, or something? We wouldn't want you here anyway because you would turn out to hypocrtically be the kind of person you say you hate.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh, and I have to add this.

My wife and I are Living Legends Docents in Virginia City, NV. We dress in period costumes and answer questions for tourists on a part of American history and culture.

So, guess who loves the cowboys and the fake gunfights the most? Wait for it ... Of course it's the French and Germans, who still watch Bonanza and other U.S. westerns on TV and think the old Wild West still exists. They also love to buy all the fake cowboy hats, rubber Indian knives and tomahawks to take home and proudly display.

Talk about uneducated and unsophisticated ...

edit on 8/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So, let me get this straight. Are you saying that America is not partly to blame for the Financial crash that is happening all over the world, and that its all europe's fault. Is that what you are saying?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For all the Sports Guys,

BEST INTERNATIONAL SERIES
OF ALL TIME

CANADA VS RUSSIA

THINK HENDERSON,,ESPISITO, CLARK, etc,,,

best ever game of Series

RUSSIA vs PHILIDELPHIA
Coach
ED SHIRO
ya that was memoriies,,,

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Talk about mountains out of molehills

NEWSFLASH PEOPLE: Fights in sports happen!!

When you're playing in a heated contest, tempers can flare up. While it's a shame there weren't cooler heads on both sides to break up the initial fight, meh, who cares really.

If you've played organized basketball before, you know how testy things can get. I'm sure getting hard fouled by a dude from another country when you're playing for national pride will also set things off.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
When are people going to stop being bellends and just realise that people from all over the world are both tosspots AND lovely - because (get this, radical thinking I know) WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS!!! We are from different countries - NOT different planets you primitive plebs!!!

For the record I was referring to both the game fight and the amazing amount of argumentative nobjockeys plaguing this forum!!! Shame on the most of you!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordizzl3

Originally posted by JennaDarling

American's causing more problems? Trying to start another war?

You've hit the nail on the head Jenna!

And how exactly is multiculteralism working out in England / France / Europe? Any particular reason you wont take Islam to task for refusing to respect Western culture while in the West? They demand that the West respect their culture / religion, while they refuse to extend the same courtesy.

So you guys feel comfortable constantly condemning the US, yet you guys condone the behavior on the other side of the fence. That type of argument tells me and everyone else that your only purpose in this thread is to derail. You ugys really should go start and I hate America thread and just talk amongst yourselves there.

Had the Brits and French been more forceful, or "rude", maybe us arrogant yanks would not have needed to bail Europe out..... twice.

If you dont care for us, then may we please have the aid from the Marshall plan payed back? Us arrogant loud mouthed yanks forgave those debts... As a side note I find it funny that once again America is involved in an altercation with China, and all we see from our allies is snide remarks and insults coming from the rear.

The difference between the US and some of the people in this thread is at least we know where the US stands. As for you guys, its difficult to figure that out, being you guys are as far to the rear of us as possible.

NSFW - Language - I feel it adequately sums up the attitudes of some people in this thread. Start eatching from around time index 01:00

Do either of you have anything to add to the topic? Being this is not the I hate America thread I thought I would ask.

Doi you think media should have been removed in the manner they were?

Should that have occured twice?

Whats your thoughts on Biden making jokes in China, about China holding US debt?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Stop saying that you bailed us out twice! That is a load of rubbish brought on by American wars films! If i remember, germany declared war on america after Pearl Harbor, after japan attacked you, who were german allies.

So, if you kept out of the war, do you really think germany would have left you alone if they did conquer europe? You were not fighting for europe, you were fighting for your own country. So stop with this "we bailed you out" rubbish!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
good good, it was time that some american *** was whooped . It was well deserved

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Yes by all means lets ignore history. Prior to the US entrance into WWII The UK was locked in their island. Had it not been for supplies (military / commercial) in addition to US personell enlisting in Europe to help fight prior to our entrance, I would surmise we would be using babel fish a bit more often since the GErman language would have become the dominant force.

Germany would eventually attack the US.... The only reason war broke out was because of Chamberlin and his inability to find a suitable spine donor. Sure Germany could have been making plans to invade / attack the US. Based on everything going on I couldnt see Hitler going after the US untill Russia and Britain were dealt with.

How quickly people forget the lend-lease act.

Montgomery got his butt kicked by Rommell all oer North Africa.

Maybe we should ignore the Marshall plan as well?

The US was not the country who felt appeasement would work, that would be the UK.
We didnt jump headfirst into WWI or WWII, in addition we werent the ones who went to war over treaties.

So yes, when people decide they are going to rip on the US by throwing crap against a wall to see what sticks, I am going to counter it and point out that European arrogance was the driving force for strife and warfare the last few hundred centuries.

If you guys want to attack the US, thats certainly your perrogative. At the very least you could feign intrest in the thread / topic instead of it being one big blame fest.

reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Care to point out exactly where America got its butt kicked by the Chinese team? What does a basketball game have to do with Us foreign policy? Are you so blinded by your hatred of the US that anything "American" represents the whole being of America?

The argument you guys make is so blatantly focused on only one thing, while you guys completely ignore the fact that in just about everything we do in the world, it takes 2 to tango.

Condemn the US for a fight with Chinese players, and ignore the action of the Chinese.
Condemn the US for not stepping into the mess in Darfur, while ignoring Chinese weapons sales to them in violation of UN resolutions.
Condemn the US for collateral damage during combat operations, while remaining silent when non combatants (foreigners) are kidnapped and then beheaded, with the video going out as propoganda.
Condemn the US for using drone strikes,while ignoring Syria and their genocide in the making.

If you want to bash the US, go for it. Just make sure you can provide sources so we can verify fact from science fiction.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

heh, you sound like Joseph Goebbels himself..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Same thing happened at the QPR - China U21 match, a few chinese ended up in hospital.

Brawling seems to be a real problem with chinese teams.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I am not "ripping the US" I am saying that ww2 was a joint effort. I will not turn around and turn it into "our country done better in ww2" rubbish. All the countries involved had a part to play.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

heh, you sound like Joseph Goebbels himself..

sadly enough he was more informed than you are...

and thats says a lot.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

I am not "ripping the US" I am saying that ww2 was a joint effort. I will not turn around and turn it into "our country done better in ww2" rubbish. All the countries involved had a part to play.

then maybe you should have, in addition to reading my post, look at who it was directed to. then you should go back and look at the post history, where you will find not only a warped sense of history, but a constant attack on the US using opinons based on lack of education, before responding to my post.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Jay-morris

then maybe you should have, in addition to reading my post, look at who it was directed to. then you should go back and look at the post history, where you will find not only a warped sense of history, but a constant attack on the US using opinons based on lack of education, before responding to my post.

Hey, you quoted my name, and thats what i was responding too. I have always had respect for every country that thought in the war. Each had a part to play, and not just one country won the war. People who say usa did little, are talking out of their backside. And people who say the usa won the war, are also talking out of their backside.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join