It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems an earthquake just happened, Fukushima-ken Oki in Japan, 6.8 mag.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is one time I'm not going to bed! Last time I went to sleep I woke up and Fukushima was gone! So i'll stay awake this time! I hope these aren't foreshocks, poor people

edit on 19-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

the oceans natural tides are higher and lower then 50cm nevermind i give up too many hydrologists up in here

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The Tsunami that hit Fukushima and started the nightmare was estimated at 15 meters high. 50cm is 19 inches. The Fuku sea walls wouldn't have been bothered by this, let alone ever reaching the facility itself.

However, this SHOULD be a wake up call to TEPCO and Tokyo that nature may not be done giving surprises from this fault zone. They need to move their tails about getting that facility stable in whatever way they have decided to do it. Nature may just finish the job it started the next time. At least they skipped disaster this day. Whew....
edit on 19-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

thank you wrabbit i keep getting bashed for just giving out a little knowledge
anyways lets see who else knows everything

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

I understand that now Ed, no one is disputing you. I think the main thing is that those unstable power plants don't need any more shaking. Yes, you can say that you have tornadoes and what not where you live, as do I, but do we have an unstable power plant near us? I certainly don't.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
That was a big earthquake. Are we so jaded that we think it has to be a 10.0 or something that outdoes the last one, to worry and try to offer a prayer? (If we pray.)
What?

That is a very good point, i think we definitely are becoming jaded. It's almost like a high score if it's not topped then it doesn't get much attention..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm watching CNN right now with that very cute British girl giving the updates, and there is absolutely no mention at all of this earthquake.. So apparently the media is jaded also, or it is intentional.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo
Man things seem to be heating up guys.. The Syria Crisis that is ongoing, all the revolutions going on, the earthquakes can we keep ignoring all this? This is a time when humanity needs to unite we need remain positive, i think it's the only way. We might be entering scary times, but it is all for the greater purpose in the very end.. Everyone needs to love the ones closest to them, forgive there enemies, and most of all realize that we are all ONE.. Lastly to all my fellow human beings I Love all you guys, just remain positive..

You are correct.

And luv ya back

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by voiceoreason
I was wondering when a big quake would get the elenin alignment folks up in arms! here it is!

Elenin...?

No..!!

CME...!?!

Yes..!!

Yet another week of descent EQ activity, at the onset of a large CME, after a reletively quiet period, since the last CME... When will people start acknowelage this...!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join