It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems an earthquake just happened, Fukushima-ken Oki in Japan, 6.8 mag.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Occurred at 14:36 JST 19 Aug 2011
Region name Fukushima-ken Oki
Depth about 20 km
Magnitude 6.8

Got that from:

www.jma.go.jp...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They are saying 50cm tsunami headed for the coast. I don't know much about tsunamis, is that a decently big tsunami? Hope they are alerted.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
50 cm wouldnt even knock your dog over in the water centimeters
not very threatening

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Oh ok, thanks for the post. I sure hope nothing bad would happen to these people again...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
www.in5d.com...

I know EQs happen all the time but Im watching the fox new report right now and as we all know, tptb knows.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
These poor people have been through enough, I sure hope it's nothing major.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just to give some perspective, I ran Earthquake history for the area off Japan where these have been originating. Since 2005 it shows 72 earthquakes in excess of 6.0 from this fault area. It isn't that uncommon.... As long as the sea floor doesn't shift in the wrong way, as I understand it, it's an annoyance more than a disaster for that region.

Although it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling for the long term status of those damaged reactor buildings, either way.

European based World Earthquake Data

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the post man, I appreciate it. That's exactly what has me worried now, the damaged reactors...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Tsunami warning has been issued:

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

your kidding arent u???

even at 50 cm, and flowing fast, with debris mixed in,
u do NOT want to be in the way...

seeya

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RTGREAT

I've just read from another poster that the big EQ that occured there in March has a tsunami of 600cm, so hopefully, it being a 50cm, won't be nearly as bad. But I'm very worried about the damaged reactor buildings...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BGbeauregard

I am getting a little confused with this warning: 50cm at SEA? Then we are in trouble since it will grow ashore. If it is projected height of tsunami ashore then it shouldn't cause much damage.
edit on 19-8-2011 by RTGREAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

I'm beginning to think your right, it shouldn't be as bad, but I don't think you would want to be on the beach.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RTGREAT

I believe the 50cm height will be at the time of arrival at the shore.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Looks like the Tsunami warning has been cancelled, so hopefully nothing bad will come of this. Still, the unstability of that region makes me a little worried.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Man things seem to be heating up guys.. The Syria Crisis that is ongoing, all the revolutions going on, the earthquakes can we keep ignoring all this? This is a time when humanity needs to unite we need remain positive, i think it's the only way. We might be entering scary times, but it is all for the greater purpose in the very end.. Everyone needs to love the ones closest to them, forgive there enemies, and most of all realize that we are all ONE.. Lastly to all my fellow human beings I Love all you guys, just remain positive..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It was downgraded to a 6.5, the tsunami warning was cancelled, and nobody was hurt.

Though there are reports that a few deep-sea fish are very confused right now. Stay turned for an update on that!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was wondering when a big quake would get the elenin alignment folks up in arms! here it is!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

Thanks for the post, but I think it's easy to say no big deal when you don't live in that region. Your right, the tsunami has been cancelled, but with the instability of those power plants and the general region, something like this shouldn't be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think that 50cm does more than knock your dog over in the water.
Because I saw what the last one did - what was it? a 'few' feet.
It doesn't seem to be a direct translation in height.

It's not like, oh dude, let's surf that one.

I'm very worried about the reclaimed land there, and the nuclear plants.
That was a big earthquake. Are we so jaded that we think it has to be a 10.0 or something that outdoes the last one, to worry and try to offer a prayer? (If we pray.)
What?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join