It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa and Scientists allegedly publish a research article on Alien life? I smell disinformation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just came across this article and well it looked suspect to me.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Why would a NASA, an organization allegedly behind a conspiracy to conceal alien life, give Goldman a flashing green light to publish work 33 pages long on what could happen if aliens came here?

Here are some article contents...

Nearly 50 years of listening for ETI transmissions has found no artificial signals in space [3-4], and the search for ETI artifacts in the Solar System has also produced null results [5-7]...This conspicuous absence of extraterrestrials is often referred to as the Fermi paradox [8] or the Great Silence [10] and raises the question: if ETI should be widespread, then where are they?

Does anyone remember the wow signal?

Alternatively, the ETI could be intentionally invisible. The intentional form of this solution is sometimes known as the Zoo Hypothesis [22] because it implies that ETI are treating Earth like a wildlife preserve to be observed but not fully incorporated into the Galactic Club

I mean are we seriously wild-life that is not Galactic club friendly? Hilarious

Even if humanity can successfully exchange signals with ETI, there is no guarantee that the information will be successfully communicated...However, our extreme ignorance about the nature of any ETI means that we cannot rule out the possibility that we will fail or at least severely struggle to exchange information with them.

Our extreme ignorance about the nature of ETI? are we really that ignorant?

Throughout the paper, we do not consider how contact with humanity could benefit or harm either the ETI or any other entities affected, including other entities on Earth and elsewhere in the galaxy

Sounds to me like someone already has a belief on what ETI's are compared to us...coincidence?

ETI could have the capability of hiding from us given the likelihood of their superior technology, and there are many ways that ETI could remain undetected by us if it chooses to do so. The simplest approach would be to hide among the asteroids and observe us at a distance....and ETI with even greater technological prowess could engineer a virtual planetarium surrounding Earth so that we are forced to observe an empty universe

Kinda reminds me of this clip below

My Take
======

There are many concepts that map out the various scenarious. We have been exposed to these concepts before in Movies, Music, and literature. My question is what is the point of fantasizing of alien contact in a scientific journal?

edit on 18-8-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have to say its almost all disinfo imo... another conspiracy to put stuff in space... and make it seem like they dont see anything at all... first they have nasa ppl saying ohh theres nothing there ufo are man mad.. bull#..some possibly could be now... but there deff around way before technology was around.. i mean look at how stupid they make thereself sound if ppl do research...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A lot of this may have something to do with the laborataory products that will be passed off as 'aliens' and introduced into the general population.
The so called 'Chupacabra' is merely one of these products. The 'aliens' are bipedal and all of this propaganda from NASA is simply a way of conditioning the public to accept them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Why would they want to interact with us? We set a great example of caring for our planet, the planet that sustains our life. We care so much for protecting the air we breathe.

We care so much about our populations that not a single soul is homeless or starving!

We care so much about life in general that not a single war is waged without it being totally righteous!

Mate...they would not want our corrupt warlike attitudes to interact with them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
nasa is hopeless imho nasa should be shut down anything coming from them is laughable at best. does anyone remember this saying, the TRUTH is stranger than fiction and that is what this release is FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
I have to say its almost all disinfo imo... another conspiracy to put stuff in space... and make it seem like they dont see anything at all... first they have nasa ppl saying ohh theres nothing there ufo are man mad.. bull#..some possibly could be now... but there deff around way before technology was around.. i mean look at how stupid they make thereself sound if ppl do research...

I would not trust ANYTHING that NASA says since it is well known that Astronauts have been seeing and reporting their encounters with Alien Craft for DECADES. Along with many statements by former Astronauts....especially MITCHELL....their is video footage of some of these encouters.

One particular piece of footage shows a shuttle Astronaut....female....looking out the shuttles window and is caught by the camera saying....WE ARE STILL OBSERVING THE ALIEN CRAFT TO OUR SARBORD....REQUEST PROCEDURE. NASA almost SCREEMS BACK.....SST? switch to com. delta 2 niner!

The shuttle uses an encripted com channel when delivering Military Satelitte payloads....this was not a military mission but when a shuttle crew observes any Alien Craft....it is supposed to discuss it ONLY on the encripted channel. In this case the astronaut made the mistake of discussing it over a normal open channel that anyone with a HAM radio can easily pick up.
Houston was PISSED! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I would not trust ANYTHING that NASA says since it is well known that Astronauts have been seeing and reporting their encounters with Alien Craft for DECADES. Along with many statements by former Astronauts....especially MITCHELL....their is video footage of some of these encouters.

Really now? Tell us who has said all these things.

One particular piece of footage shows a shuttle Astronaut....female....looking out the shuttles window and is caught by the camera saying....WE ARE STILL OBSERVING THE ALIEN CRAFT TO OUR SARBORD....REQUEST PROCEDURE. NASA almost SCREEMS BACK.....SST? switch to com. delta 2 niner!

Please show us this footage.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What an interesting and perverted psychology many UFO believers have...

You demand disclosure, yet when something interesting is released, you scream, "disinfo!".

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I remember seeing that video. YouTube it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cd5love96
I remember seeing that video. YouTube it.

Uh huh. You saying you "remember seeing the video" isn't evidence.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Really now? Tell us who has said all these things.

I am not sure where exactly to find it but it should be simple enough. I think I remember seeing it a few times on a History channel Alien show. At one time it was easily available on NASA's own site...but it was removed. If anyone here is good at searches....please post the link....I will try also later. Split Infinity

Please show us this footage.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is one of the reason we need nukes in space.

God forbid some aliens show up and see that we don't even have nukes in space.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

from the OP:

"Why would a NASA, an organization allegedly behind a conspiracy to conceal alien life, give Goldman a flashing green light to publish work 33 pages long on what could happen if aliens came here?

Here are some article contents... "

I dont know... could it be because... There really is no conspiracy, and that conspiracy is just the product of delusional minds who refuse to accept any answer that doesn't involve alien ships and grey dudes wanting our sperm?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Reply to post by Exuberant1

We have nukes in space. Wish I could say more.

As for the premise of the rest off this thread.....I would suggest the op spend a few more years investigating the very subject he/she is interested in before making such an ignorant thread. The main problem with this subject is we are subject to being represent by the blind leading the blind....and no matter how well the op made his post look, no matter how well you think he understands reality based on his presentation.....it is nothing more than an example of what I have termed a "useful idiot".

Don't kill the messenger folks....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Why is it disinfo?

It's the opinion of three people, one of which has done a couple of presentations for NASA.

This isn't written by NASA, it has nothing directly to do with NASA.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Indeed. In fact one of the authors of the paper says the very same thing in his blog here

Well, the paper came out a couple months ago. Today, for some reason, The Guardian picked it up, publishing an article about it with the following title: “Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientist: Rising greenhouse emissions may tip off aliens that we are a rapidly expanding threat, warns a report for NASA.” That then was picked up by The Drudge Report, with this headline: “NASA REPORT: Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilizations…” UH OH. Now that is a bit problematic. So here’s the deal, folks. Yes, I work at NASA. It’s also true that I work at NASA Headquarters. But I am not a civil servant… just a lowly postdoc. More importantly, this paper has nothing to do with my work there. I wasn’t funded for it, nor did I spend any of my time at work or any resources provided to me by NASA

Sorry for the long quote but just to make it clear.
The paper is not sponsored by, or have anything to do with NASA and the authors now want to make that clear

edit on 19-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by Exuberant1

We have nukes in space. Wish I could say more.

Well, I don't believe that based on your assertion -- but I'm persuadable by evidence. Want to play?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I dunno Jim. I don't think he can post proof to back up that claim.

Besides, it would be illegal to post such stuff.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
nasa is hopeless imho nasa should be shut down anything coming from them is laughable at best. does anyone remember this saying, the TRUTH is stranger than fiction and that is what this release is FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah NASA has done such a horrible job. I mean, all the technologies we have gained, the knowledge we have gained, its all worthless. What? we found out Mars was once a lush ocean planet that likely supported life, and may even still have life underground? Worthless. Detecting near earth asteroids that might collide with the planet, categorizing and analyzing their make ups? Worthless, why do we need NASA when we have Bruce Willis?

Expanding our knowledge of the outer solar system and the composition of the gas planets, the oort cloud? Nonsensical.

Finding and discovering so far thousands of planets outside of our solar system, some of them even habitable,
thereby expanding the chances that we may detect aliens some day? WORTHLESS. Why do we need NASA who spends millions upon millions of dollars trying to find aliens when we have people on the internet who can watch youtube videos, make a post about it, and then anytime someone mentions an explanation that isn't alien ships they are disinfo/close minded/ etc etc... Seriously, NASA spending millions of dollars trying to do this?

NOTHING compared to the arm chair sit at the computer alien detecting power of some of the people here

You are right. NASA is completely unnecessary.

top topics

join