It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar Shaped UFO reported over Michigan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A couple living in Croswell, MI, reported two encounters with an alleged cigar shaped UFO. According to witnesses the object was bright white with a black patch near the middle.

The first sighting was reported to be at around 7:30 p.m. on August 15th. The witnesses claim to have seen the object move at about airplane height, but with no wings and apparent fire or other propellents coming out of the back. They describe it as being "ibuprofen-shaped" with a dark black spot near the center.

Around 8:15 the same night the witnesses report seeing the object again, this time traveling in the opposite direction as the first sighting. Although both witnesses say the object was traveling at about airplane speed, they insist it was not an aircraft.

Read the full story here:

www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Personally I believe this sighting to be a misidentified airplane. I have seen several airplanes where the wings are nearly indistinguishable. I think it could be easy to see something like this with the right lighting and circumstances.

This, however, does not explain the "fire" coming out of the end.

If they are telling the truth that is.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Interesting sighting. It actually reminds me of a sighting that was captured by a camera in hessdalen. The story is pretty similar as well.

I'll add the link and picture here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d810b5ab776.jpg[/atsimg]

Observation 06 March 2011

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It could have been one of the Lockheed Martin, Hybrid Airship's. They are kind of Ibuprofen shaped, especially at a distance I imagine.

US plan to deploy the P-791 by mid-2001

More info and video

Wiki

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9230b00f2641.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 18-8-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e34faad7cc19.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
It could have been one of the Lockheed Martin, Hybrid Airship's. They are kind of Ibuprofen shaped, especially at a distance I imagine.

More info and video

Wiki

I hope so. I love big airships, even if they are just used for military surveillance applications as opposed to commercial passenger transportation.

I have seen a white cylinder shaped UFO during the day. It seemed to appear and disappear, but unfortunately, I was driving so it was hard to get a really good look. It seemed to be hovering in the same spot, rather than flying like a jet. I suppose it might have been a balloon/blimp, as I never actually saw it disappear. I just glanced away for a second and when I looked back, it was gone.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I like airships too, they should be used more in my opinion.

I have a had a sighting or two like your's but they were round like orbs.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Cigars eh, is that what you're smoking?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

No.

Actually, I don't smoke at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wonder if Lockheed was trying another flight of the Hale-D---first one crashed
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Blimp with a black patch

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

If they saw the UFO around sunset, it's likely that it was a regular plane with the setting sun shining on it. I've seen planes during this time and it looks like there are no wings because of all the reflection blanking them out. Also, if the sun was setting and the plane had a contrail, the sun could make the contrail glow red and it would appear that there were flames coming out of the back of it.

I believe in UFO's but I have seen planes like this before and I had to take a long hard look to make sure there were actually wings. That's the only reason I mention the possibility of this being what they actually saw. It would be very easy to mistake for something strange in the sky. Who knows though... it could have been something unknown. This is just a theory of mine. Not saying I disbelieve them.
edit on 8/18/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Croswell might be in a restriced flight area. Fighters train out of Selfrege AFB over the thumb area. Croswell is in the lower thumb and they might be flying something up that way.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

More info and video

Wiki

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9230b00f2641.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e34faad7cc19.jpg[/atsimg]

Although Lockheed does have a few very sofisticated Stealth Blimps....of VERY large size and speed capabilities....this is not one of them. The whole purpose of a stealth blimp is not to be seen so.....this would be a very poor design if it was.

Because I have seen with my own eyes and know a few things....any unknown or unidentified flying object that seems to obtain a high energy glow or extreme brightness...specifically in the bright ROAD FLARE ORANGE or Intense White Illumination....that seems to encompass the craft as if it was some form of PLASMA....lends credence to being a possible craft with a GRAVITIC DRIVE.

The activation of such a drive has been detailed as having this bright light generation as an effect associated with this form of travel. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

If they saw the UFO around sunset, it's likely that it was a regular plane with the setting sun shining on it. I've seen planes during this time and it looks like there are no wings because of all the reflection blanking them out. Also, if the sun was setting and the plane had a contrail, the sun could make the contrail glow red and it would appear that there were flames coming out of the back of it.

I believe in UFO's but I have seen planes like this before and I had to take a long hard look to make sure there were actually wings. That's the only reason I mention the possibility of this being what they actually saw. It would be very easy to mistake for something strange in the sky. Who knows though... it could have been something unknown. This is just a theory of mine. Not saying I disbelieve them.
edit on 8/18/2011 by
gemineye because: (no reason given)

Yes that is a good theory.

top topics

join