It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Documentary?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimestop

At times, their knowledge or dedication to these topics surpassed ours.

Maybe to astrology but not the other 2 issues you mentioned.

Do yourselves a favor and visit Chichen Itza.

When you take a tour be aware of the geede. This is a person that makes up stories to astound the visitor and thus hopes for a bigger tip. Here we have a proposal that was being investigated in 2002. Where did that lead? I checked for further research and did not find anything. Maybe someone else has had better luck.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nothing will be revealed in this doco. Govt would of stopped it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I can't help but think that if something does happen, anything at all, how are the nay-sayers going to react?

I don't know whats gonna happen, i am open to all possibilities but to openly say:

"your all retarded nothing at all is gonna happen and i can't wait for this date to come and go so i can sit up here on my high horse and deride you all for not being as clever as me"

Is sheer folley.

The facts are that this ancient people had amazing astronomical information and they could predict (at the very least) the movements of the night sky better then modern astronomers.

With this we can safely assume that at the very least 'something' is going to happen. it might not be earth destroying, it might just be something cool and interesting but given the knowledge of the people who made these calanders and pyramids there is most certainly going to be something.

Science is awesome and it has very powerfuls tools for the gathering of info but it's not the be all and end all, the steam locomotive was once considered to be truly awesome and unbeatable, but it was eventually surpassed just like much of the scientific knowledge accumulated over the centuries.

So to save face all you nay-sayers, try taking a different tack, and maybe you might avoid being the stupid looking one down the road.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
Yep I am going to ignore every legitimate scientist, and astrophysicist and put my faith is a bunch of stone carving, blood drinking, sacrifice your daughter to the Puma God, mud hut dwellers. Some of you guys need your heads examined.

Most legitimate scientists don't give an opinion on 2012, and any one of them involved in the fields of archaeology (e.t.c) all say that the calander is real and the inscriptions on the various structures are real.

They also support the 'mythology' of the maya, they don't support it as fact but they do support it's existence as a genuine belief system as fact so where exactly are going with your comments?

The scientists are just as much in the dark as everyone else.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Why do people keep saying that the Maya's knowledge of astronomy is more accurate than ours? That's simply not true. For one they had no knowledge of planets that weren't visible with the naked eye. Another major indicator is that their calendar based on the movement of the Sun, the haab, is an even 365 days. It does not account for the fact that it actually takes about 365.25 days to orbit the Sun.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Any archaeologist that supports the 2012 nonsense has clearly never actually studied the Maya. There are no inscriptions in the Classic period that refer to 13.0.0.0.0. No Long Counts from the Classic period end after 13.0.0.0.0 and in fact some extend into piktuns. The only "prophecy" associated with that date comes from the Popol Vuh which has been found to have been influenced by the beliefs of the Christian Spanish. There is simply nothing in Maya epigraphy, iconography, or cosmology that supports the claims regarding 2012.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
ok well im not to sure what to say about this whole thing, i havve seen quiet a few sites on 2012 and there are a lot of scare tactics out there. but what im not to sure about is why the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT would release a movie depicting the ancient Mayan culture just to make money

humansarefree.com...

I was reading this link, and a few things stuck out at me. Such as:

He said the country was working with filmmakers "for the good of mankind."

And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are crucial to human survival, Julia-Levy insisted.

Raul-Julia claims there is proof that the Mayans had intended to lead the planet for thousands of years, but were forced to escape after an invasion by "men of dark intentions," leaving behind evidence of an advanced race.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

"The Mayans used to construct one pyramid over another," tourism minister for the Mexican state of Campeche Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado told TheWrap. "In the site at Calakmul, workers for INAH [the National Institute of Anthropology and History] have discovered rooms inside the pyramid that have never been seen or explored before.

so could this be true? could this "movie" be so crucial to mankind that Mexican Government felt the need to release this, and remember that the movie must be released before DECEMBER 2012. Why if they are just trying to scam you would it be so crucial that they make this film? My personal opinion is that there will be a Cataclysmic event on December 21st 2012.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dkskull

Julia-Levy appears to be nothing more than another con-man. Also, notice how any Mexican official speaking of this "documentary" comes from their Ministry of Tourism. So far no archaeologists or even anyone from their Ministry of Antiquities have supported Julia-Levy's claims. The fact is Mexico is desperate for tourism and they are planning are squeezing this 2012 BS for all it's worth. Ask yourself this, if something Earth shattering were discovered why would the information be revealed in a "documentary" that is being released only weeks before December 21, 2012. Don't you think they would put out this information immediately in a press release giving people time to prepare? If you want evidence of Raul-Julia being a fraud I suggest you look into what he did with a letter from Guatemalan archaeologist Hector Mejia.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
ok well maybe the Elitist's just dont want you to know yet, if there was a press release that gave people time to act; our world would go into chaos. People would rob, steel, kill, just to get what they think they would need to survive. Amd yes i get the ffact of tourism, our world is in a depression and tourism is down, but what would a video saying that Mayans talked to aliens do? nothing you would have to be fairly closed minded to think that we are the only species in the stars. but if this documentary does have a dire message to it, one leaked video would send this world into a frenzy as well. thus my theory is that the powers that be are with-holding the information that is key for us until that last possible moment. try and keep the masses blind. But its open to interpretation. i will not make a sound decision until i see the video first hand.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
The facts are that this ancient people had amazing astronomical information and they could predict (at the very least) the movements of the night sky better then modern astronomers.

Actually, they couldn't. If you asked them how far the stars would appear to move in a thousand years (because they do shift) they would not be able to answer. Ask them where Jupiter would be in 2024, and you'd find out that there are errors in their calculation methods (you'd get a reasonable approximation but not the EXACT spot.)

They had some good tables and were able to predict eclipses (which occur in a short-term pattern.) A number of civilizations knew and calculated the precession of the equinoxes. But precise predictions? No.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Freaky. And they really did a documentary for freaking out all the people in the world?!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Let's hope they reveal everything

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So when is the release date of the documentary? Any news?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
So when is the release date of the documentary? Any news?

May 3, 2013. Seriously though, I don't think we will see any documentary.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Wow, that is completely ridiculous that it is being postponed for so long.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join