It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Documentary?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
2012 is a hoax? Does that mean next year we just go to 2013?
Well, it Is a "leap" year.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Want to know something scary? 3 of the 4 main Mexican cartel's worship the Mayan and even practice Mayan ceremonies.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Want to know something scary? 3 of the 4 main Mexican cartel's worship the Mayan and even practice Mayan ceremonies.

So they worship the people and not the gods the mayan worshiped? What mayan rituals are they conducting?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
It's a pity we don't get to know this big significant secret so profoundly key to our existence on this planet until we go and buy a ticket to see the 'doco'...

Actually, disregard the cynical tone of that last passage... I am 50/50 on this one.

Very curious, leaks anyone?

The article itself gives up some leaks, it will be a documentary about the Mayan pyramids, specifically some tunnels which are found in those pyramids. It says those pyramids were built on top of one another and this film will be the first to film in some of them, or even to get access to them legally. It also mentions that they found "something" inside a room in one of the tunnels and also mentions the possibility of the Mayans having contact with extra-terrestrials.

So, in conclusion, it will be a documentary based on the Mayan calendar, with lots of video of Mayan pyramids and the tunnels found within. It is designed to take monetary advantage of the hysteria regarding 2012, just like Roland Emmerich's film. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion though, however, don't expect something amazing because what you will really get is another episode of Ancient Aliens.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Documentary

I've already seen people get blasted for daring to say so but... there is no doubt that this is a very popular topic right now and the chance to cash in on it will soon end... either because the world ends or because the date comes and goes.

No sin in stating the obvious.

There is also the very real danger of our species creating a self-fulling prophesy. If no one had ever mentioned anything about that date and the long count calendar, we may all be waking up on 22 December 2012 to a world that was no better or worse than the day before. I mean, god knows that even when we are left to our own devices, we are quite capable of doing both incredible good and bloody horror. We don't need help to do either...

There's a bit of old wisdom that says that we generally find what we go looking for. You want trouble? Yeah, you can and will find it. You want the end of the world? So do a lot of other people. It's just a matter of who gets to see it end THEIR way.

As it already is, there does indeed appear to be a large junction coming; a place where world events meet and clash... and will probably leave millions of us quite dead. It doesn't matter whether the cause is an old stone calendar or the stupidity of a race that can - and often does - lead itself to such a demise. And that's exactly the point here because when you die, it won't matter whether it was prophesy or stupidity that killed you.

You're still just as dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes and open mind is allways a good thing to keep intact. The significance of the numbers 2012 is obvious. Now the 2112 may be means " Your a closet( RUSH )fan" LOL Interesting post, We shall see. attached something to explain the RUSH statem2112

Main article: 2112 (song)

In the year 2062, a galaxy-wide war results in the union of all planets under the rule of the Red Star of the Solar Federation. By 2112, the world is controlled by the "Priests of the Temples of Syrinx", who determine the content of all reading matter, songs, pictures - every facet of life.

A man discovers a guitar and learns to play different music. When he goes to present this to the priests of the Temples, they destroy the guitar. He goes into hiding and dreams of a world before the Solar Federation. Upon awakening he becomes distraught and commits suicide. As he dies, another planetary battle begins resulting in the ambiguous ending "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control." (This spoken section was created by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson reportedly "messing around with a tape recorder".)

On the album, Neil Peart credits "the genus [sic] of Ayn Rand." Rand, a Russian-born American novelist and creator of the philosophy Objectivism, wrote a novella entitled Anthem (itself adopted as the title of another Rush song, from the album Fly By Night) from which Peart borrowed the broad strokes of the plot.
ent.

edit on 19-8-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yep I am going to ignore every legitimate scientist, and astrophysicist and put my faith is a bunch of stone carving, blood drinking, sacrifice your daughter to the Puma God, mud hut dwellers. Some of you guys need your heads examined.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

How unhealthy or risky it is to keep an open mind [...]

It's actually very unhealthy, because with (what you call) an open mind you are open to manipulation, lies and false information. Because, sadly, "open mind" is very often mistaken for a total lack of critical thinking.

Simply believing anything does not automatically mean someone does have an open mind.

About 98% of all "information" in regards to 2012 is pure lies and fabulised pseudo-scientific nonsense.

Furthermore there is an (let me phrase it like this) odd/evil agenda with the goal of creating fear in humans, and you should ask yourself why the gross majority of "2012 doomsayer" fabrications is actually about doom/gloom and fear...and what their agenda really is.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wonder if the Mayans predicted that they would get credit for a calendar that was most likely created by the Olmec or an even earlier civilization

Also, whoever it is that made the calendar, included a year zero, which the Gregorian calendar does not. Thus, if the calendar does in fact predict an event it would probably be in 2011, not 2012

I think it's safe to say that many different people interpret the meaning and origin of the "Mayan prophecies" differently, but if a government institution is using it, it's almost certainly for questionable purposes

*The above is not intended to be a factual statement

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen

I never told anyone to open their mind!

Keep an open mind is quite different, thanks for your limited input but as i already said, you haven't offered anything here that has not already been said X

edit on 18-8-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: spelling

HUHU...he actually offered the BEST input as far as i read into the thread now! Real information about what's going on in Mexico in regards to 2012 (as opposed to the idiots in the countries where the 2012 *hype* originated) and good input that the Mexican gvt. is likely not giving a darn about this hype at all. Ironically, he was followed by another fellow from Mexico who said the same thing.

You are infact the one parroting, together with the other 2012 believers who tell and re-tell the lies and disinformation about the alleged 2012 cataclysm.

You should actually be ashamed that you attacked him, because, to be frank, the input of people who LIVE right there should be of considerable interest!

Of course, you prefer not to hear that..you rather prefer your tales from the US based "remote viewers" and "channelers" since they (allegedly) know those things better...lol...
edit on 19-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So it comes out shortly before tshtf.... Seems like a marketing gimmick.
Second line

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Human and Animal sacrifices along with ancient prayer for prosperity.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen

I never told anyone to open their mind!

Keep an open mind is quite different, thanks for your limited input but as i already said, you haven't offered anything here that has not already been said X

edit on 18-8-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: spelling

HUHU...he actually offered the BEST input as far as i read into the thread now! Real information about what's going on in Mexico in regards to 2012 (as opposed to the idiots in the countries where the 2012 *hype* originated) and good input that the Mexican gvt. is likely not giving a darn about this hype at all. Ironically, he was followed by another fellow from Mexico who said the same thing.

You are infact the one parroting, together with the other 2012 believers who tell and re-tell the lies and disinformation about the alleged 2012 cataclysm.

You should actually be ashamed that you attacked him, because, to be frank, the input of people who LIVE right there should be of considerable interest!

Of course, you prefer not to hear that..you rather prefer your tales from the US based "remote viewers" and "channelers" since they (allegedly) know those things better...lol...

(no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I stated that 2012 isn't necessarily about cataclysm, just that this was a common suggestion. So you're not paying attention. Can you please point out where i mentioned remote viewing or channeling? Seems to me you're failing to pay attention, i never stated any of these things-anywhere. Thanks for your input but to be fair all you have done is highlight your own inability to read.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion though, however, don't expect something amazing because what you will really get is another episode of Ancient Aliens.

nobody is squawking about Patrick Geryl making money and also I'm not hearing about the flip flop Graham Hancock has made about the Maya and 2012. So I agree let them make it. I don't have to see it or buy it.
edit on 20-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: spell check

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I read EP2012's take on this...I agree if they had something new to offer why wait until the event to release it....I have been thinking**** everything made new is just a great flood away. history never changes

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Naysayers post more disinformation about Mayans and Mexico than doomsayers ever will. Please stop using Apocolyptico as your reference to your knowledge of Mayans and as to why a documentary that has not even been filmed yet should be discredited. Now who is fear mongering? Mexico is absolutely using westerner's spin on their calendar for economic gain. They should at least make some money off of our fantasies. But Mexico did not create the drug cartels, that would be the US who created the war on drugs and the current demand for those drugs.

The Mayans were not a superhuman race, but they did have an excellent understanding of math, geometry, astrology, etc. At times, their knowledge or dedication to these topics surpassed ours. Primarily because these topics were ever present in their lives. Just like the average US citizen knows more about computers than an Ethiopian because we use them so much, not because we are a superhuman race.

Do yourselves a favor and visit Chichen Itza. Take a tour and get some basic facts about the Mayan structure. Their knowledge of acoustics was astounding. They designed temples to chirp like birds and stadiums where you could hear whispers from thousands of feet away. news.nationalgeographic.com... Entire cities are built in relation to astrological alignments. They had steam rooms thousands of years ago you would use prior to going to the first observatory known to man. They held Olympic games that North American Indians traveled to compete in. The number of steps Chichen Itza was built with has astrological significance, still adheres to astrological alignments, and creates metaphors with shadows that look like snakes slithering down their greatest temple. The thought that was put into it's construction would be hard for even our best architects to design let alone create especially without the use of a wheel or metal tools (results of tool use are found but no direct evidence in the form of bronze tools has been discovered). sacredsites.com...

The Mayans have left a lot of their heritage un-excavated. They are finding new sites and strictures all the time. In fact Chichen Itza has a level beneath the temple that is currently being excavated. The Mayan certainly have knowledge and findings they have not shared. They also have not discovered everything about their brethren but continue to find pieces of that puzzle.

I am looking forward to a well respected director creating a documentary on these new findings as well as the civilization in general with special access granted to him that no other person has been given before. I hope it is not centered around the 2012 hype which I highly doubt it will be. We have taken snippets of the press conference to generate buzz around the 2012 hype because that is what sells in the MSM. Not new discoveries of earlier civilizations' practices and knowledge. When the film comes out I bet we see a different theme centering around uniting humanity. Until then, I think we can all keep our sarcastic dissenting opinions out of what could be a good discussion on one of the most interesting civilizations in the history of man.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Tourism is a major part of their economy and the only thing to affect it would be the cartel killings. Think about it, would you visit a country that's having a lot of internal problems related to murder?

In the link below, scroll down to key facts section and look at the GDP and Tourism portion.

www.wttc.org...

This documentary serves as a way for the Mexican government to promote their nation and encourage tourism in light of the killings. I bet tourism has suffered since then and they are feeling it...in their pockets.
edit on 15-10-2011 by gsup1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why were the ancients considered too dumb to build pyramids and monuments without mega alien help but can accurately forecast the future with their mystical knowledge and wisdom?

Seems if the knowledge was alien it would mention them for fear of taking credit not due for an important prophesy and should be called the skygods calendar or something besides the Mayan calendar of the dumb builders of ancient wisdom.

Don't want to make the gods angry.

same with the Egyptians, etc, etc.

They all could write and forecast prophesy to shake the world but couldn't make a move without ALF directing them on how to cut or lay stone..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

There is no proof or evidence at all to say this is going to happen.... simple as that.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join