It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll give you a perpetual activity; take a see-saw 100 feet long;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
where at each end you have solid metal shape somewhat like a measuring cup where these fit perfectlly inside an area under then if they were to get heavyer than the other side and these areas under them you fill with water but one side only and have a channel where if the one end should get heavier the water would constaintly flow to the other filling that one instaid and that constaint porce will be just that a constain one because the moving away irrigating water is continueously rleaving itself from the equasion and dispersing and as the other side fills; and when it has totally filled; it then shifts because of it's now new wieght or maybe because of a float system ; whatever that case may be in mechanical choice you take; that would then shift the see-saw's one side force that was on that other side to that side . That one sided wieght does not need to be larger than the initial wieght that is needed to explurge enough of water to flow to the other sideand keep again shifting it all to the other and because that the water gradually diminishes from one pool and that same initial force keeps exerting such transfer; it then becomes a possibility towards perpetual motion. Good Night.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

i have a big back yard,
can U come and build me one,

or if its so easy,
just build one on the weekend, and post some pics here on ATS, PLEASE...

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The ocean is perpetual motion.
Look up wave snakes.
Ever see Southland Tales?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
would i be right in thinking that you could do the same experiment on a scaled down version?
it would save a lot of hassle

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Except of course for three things.

1) Water is subject to friction just like anything else.
2) Water is subject to inertia, as well. #1 and #2 will result in the water finding equilibrium, ending up with a balanced - and motionless - seesaw thingamajigger
3) Water evaporates. Pretty much constantly. Thus you would need to constantly be adding water to the cups , meaning that it is being fed vrom an outside source - i.e., not perpetual motion.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So the water side goes down. Now how is the water going to flow uphill to the high side? Yeah, thanks for wasting our time.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

While I’m not understanding what the exact mechanism you describe is supposed to look like, I can still tell you what would end up happening. The water will either flow to the lowest point and stay there, or it will level out and balance the entire thing with neither end being higher then the other.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

for one thing; you didn't understand that the see-saw has enough wieght to empty one side slowly at a time and then shift and another is that this could be built inside a glass containement where the bottom is where the water ( evaporated rests.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

It will still end up stopping with an equal amount of water on each side and whatever weights stuck in the middle.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
explain magnetism

force and energy are put off by a magnet, there is no fuel.

done

research magnetism, the cause of this force is the alignment of atoms hence why a super conductor is also magnetic its atoms are aligned

so why do atoms give off this force when in alignment, imo likely a synchronizing of their vibration, energy forms into a particle because of vibration, otherwise all is ether,

we don't need fuel, but you do need fuel in order to need currency, in a society with industrialization capability to mechanically automate every facet of labor if not for the cost of electricity,

you cant have people who are richer then you if you dont need fuel for power, hence why we will never see free electricity until we fight for it, the rich dont want to be equal to us, they want to hold on to their currency which allows them to put themselves above us

now research quantum mechanics, a superconductor can exist in a quantum state no matter its size,

edit on 8/18/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
explain magnetism

force and energy are put off by a magnet, there is no fuel.

done

research magnetism, the cause of this force is the alignment of atoms hence why a super conductor is also magnetic its atoms are aligned

so why do atoms give off this force when in alignment, imo likely a synchronizing of their vibration, energy forms into a particle because of vibration, otherwise all is ether,

we don't need fuel, but you do need fuel in order to need currency, in a society with industrialization capability to mechanically automate every facet of labor if not for the cost of electricity,

you cant have people who are richer then you if you dont need fuel for power, hence why we will never see free electricity until we fight for it, the rich dont want to be equal to us, they want to hold on to their currency which allows them to put themselves above us

now research quantum mechanics, a superconductor can exist in a quantum state no matter its size,

edit on 8/18/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

I don't think you understand the relationships between force, energy, power, and work.

top topics

join