It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle ``stimulus money`` : 20 million $... created 14 jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nice job there.

Seattle's 'green jobs' program a bust
The money :

Last year, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn announced the city had won a coveted $20 million federal grant to invest in weatherization.

The goal :

It had heady goals: creating 2,000 living-wage jobs in Seattle and retrofitting 2,000 homes in poorer neighborhoods.

What they actually did :

As of last week, only three homes had been retrofitted and just 14 new jobs have emerged from the program.

Great job there. And Obamabots continue to say that the stimulus was a success and that it should have been bigger... GIVE ME A BREAK.

That money was to payoff their cronies... not to stimulate anything... I bet a bunch of people in Seattle got a few new homes in South America.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My government is stupid and wastes money , But Your government is dumber and wastes more.
No wonder my Aussie dollar buys more than yours nowadays.
You should all be a shamed of your wasteful government Americans.
But then again you did vote them in, so, shame on you that voted them in and shame on you that didn't vote at all. You only have yourselves to blame

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
that is as ridiculous as 60 million going to a green company that went bankrupt and now is outsourcing those same jobs to china.

i do agree my government is as smart as a box of rocks.

also i always thought that the "saved or created" line was bs.

the stimulus money went to bailout unions and lawyers and thats a fact.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There are a lot of issues with the way money is distributed. Just throwing more money at a problem does not always work as it takes time to establish the social interactions, resources and infrastructure. Some problems just need time to sort out and no amount of money will make it happen any quicker and can in fact be more detrimental as increased political problems disrupt progress.

Throwing large sums of money to quickly sort out a problem does generally result in a large amount of waste as proper planning and accounting systems are not in place to establish a responsible use of resources. There are a lot of difficult challenges going on in the economy and we all need to work smarter, not harder in balancing the issues of supply and demand.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed shame on you that voted them in and shame on you that didn't vote at all. You only have yourselves to blame
Really, we are either powerless or paralyzed. Nothing seems to help. The enemy has better communication, cooperation, and funding. We, the good guys, are isolated, divided, and poor. We look for any reason to hope. It was Obama, and now it's Ron Paul. As we are, there is no hope. It is our fault for remaining divided in righteous and fearful ways. I think we all believe the solution to be everyone seeing things our way. If we all saw things the "correct" way, we might have a chance. However, we all hold tight to our individual correctness. It's hard for us to agree with or even tolerate each other. The wealthy few have such an easy job controlling us.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev Some problems just need time to sort out
The problem is these people with big hair in big suits with big dramatic mouths leading and inspiring a little army that wants their power. It doesn't matter if you can see through the fashion and performance. There are enough people to serve and follow them, so that you're not needed for the process.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

The problem is these people with big hair in big suits with big dramatic mouths leading and inspiring a little army that wants their power.

Absolutely

Profit is worshipped as many gods are. Sometimes it is justified by their ability to effectively plan, organise and problem solve that leads to their wealth. Other times it is not as a lot of old money fights to continue to capitalise while leading to detrimental fall out.

The issues of individual security and personal worth have helped create this culture that has arisen. The government and legal system is protecting these money centres due to competition and resources. When people do have explain their decisions they do generally show more common sense, when people act without oversight then self interest does start to set in.

With non disclosure agreements, gag orders, secrecy laws and other legal tools used to hide the truth people are unable to face up to their social responsibility. Limited liability is also another big problem as people use the 'it not my problem' with the consequences of their actions. The affect we have on this world is our problem, it defines who we are.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by meathed shame on you that voted them in and shame on you that didn't vote at all. You only have yourselves to blame
Really, we are either powerless or paralyzed. Nothing seems to help. The enemy has better communication, cooperation, and funding. We, the good guys, are isolated, divided, and poor. We look for any reason to hope. It was Obama, and now it's Ron Paul. As we are, there is no hope. It is our fault for remaining divided in righteous and fearful ways. I think we all believe the solution to be everyone seeing things our way. If we all saw things the "correct" way, we might have a chance. However, we all hold tight to our individual correctness. It's hard for us to agree with or even tolerate each other. The wealthy few have such an easy job controlling us.

Well if thats the case, it sucks to be you.
Your country seems as good as %&$#ED.
You have a choice and you have a choice to elect an idiot or an older idiot to help you.
Well i think your as good as stuffed.

Sucks to be YOU

edit on 18-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join