It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prehistoric moon map?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hope this is the right section!

for some reason i cant copy and paste an exerpt of the article so here is a link.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

I feel that this drawing is not substantial(sp?) enough to be a map of the moon but it must be something. does anyone else no something?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Looks like half of a face to me. Eyebrow, eye and nose. Did I win?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Even with the naked eye, moon detail is WAY better than the pics on the link show. I think Mr. Stooke is grasping at straws a bit. The drawings of the moon included don't even match thr pic of moon at all. I think he's got an interesting idea, but he should keep looking.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Even if it is a picture of the moon, my big question is:

So what?

I can see details on the moon without a telescope so I'm sure ancient people could as well, as long as they have eyes! Am I missing something here? I dont get what the big deal is...

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well i agree i think it probably isnt a map.Does anyone know what it might be or have an idea?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I never heard of this...but if it was a map...then i'll have to go with jazzerman... where leads the map to? And why?
I'm quite sure there has/are colonies on the moon, but i never heard of a map... A map to what?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
that's really interesting. it looks like the moon the me. look at the darker areas of the first map drawing and then the moon. the drawing is rotated about 10 degrees clockwise from where the moon is in the picture.

that doesn't mean the moon has actually rotated, just that when the images were scanned into a computer they didn't make it so the two would line up.

EDIT: also, just because it's a map doesn't mean it leads anywhere. it just shows that ancient people were making attempts to study the moon.

[edit on 8/19/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Pretty sure the author of the article didn't intend it to be a map "to" anywhere. It was intended as a representation of the moon as a chart of the moon. Like what hangs on a schoolroom wall. I think it's an example of a record of some ancient celestial observations.

Cmdrkeenkid posted his comment as I did- sorry for the redundancy repetition.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkidEDIT: also, just because it's a map doesn't mean it leads anywhere. it just shows that ancient people were making attempts to study the moon.

VERY true!
'Some' people are already aware of that...
My question is, Do we have something usefull with a map of the moon in this time, besides the 'proof' that ancient people were making attempts to study the moon?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
My question is, Do we have something usefull with a map of the moon in this time, besides the 'proof' that ancient people were making attempts to study the moon?

no, that's really about all we get out of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
look at the darker areas of the first map drawing and then the moon. the drawing is rotated about 10 degrees clockwise from where the moon is in the picture.

You mean the first of the three items (going left to right) in the post? The first one isn't the 'map'. The 'map' is the right most one. It says in the article that its a rock carving. The moon in the picture from the post is put in to show that the curved lines match up to a representation of the moon. There are no 'darker' areas in the primitive moon drawing, it only the dark lines.

It is rather curious that there aren't more representations of the moons features.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
You mean the first of the three items (going left to right) in the post? The first one isn't the 'map'. The 'map' is the right most one. It says in the article that its a rock carving. The moon in the picture from the post is put in to show that the curved lines match up to a representation of the moon. There are no 'darker' areas in the primitive moon drawing, it only the dark lines.

It is rather curious that there aren't more representations of the moons features.

oh, geez. i misread that i guess, and thought the left most one was the map. thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
basically i think ancient people were a lot smarter than we give them credit for. there astronomy was almost as good as ours and they didnt have telescopes. they also had an amzing perception of time. not to mention the mayans could predict eclipeses 100's of years before they happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I suppose there is a remote possibility that that is a rendering of the "continents" which the unaided eye might see on the moon, however I do not believe this is the most likely explanation.

A sloppy rainbow with a pot of gold at the end? A skunk eating and leaving droppings at the same time? Some sort of symbolic drawing which isn't -supposed- to look TOO close to what it represents, and so shouldn't be literally compared to anything as if it were an attempted portrait.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you people but when i draw a moon picture the first thing i draw is the CIRCLE. There is no Circle here this could be anything at all....

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I agree, this is a stretch. He might be correct as the ancients were masters of minimalist art as the cave drawings in France indicate, but I would have to have a little more evidence.

[edit on 04/8/20 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join