It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black caucus: Tired of making excuses for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Never in a million years - or at least in the next 5 - did I think I'd ever see or hear something like this.

source

During a sometimes-raucous session of what's being called the "For the People" Jobs Initiative tour, a key member of the Congressional Black Caucus told an audience in Detroit Tuesday that the CBC doesn't put pressure on President Obama because he is loved by black voters. But at the same time, Rep. Maxine Waters said, members of the CBC are becoming increasingly tired and frustrated by Obama's performance on the issue of jobs. Even as she expressed support for the president, Waters virtually invited the crowd to "unleash us" to pressure Obama for action.

So, the Black Caucus doesn't want to put any pressure on obama for anything because he is "loved by black voters", but apparently even that loyalty has its limits, and those limits have been reached.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...

"We're supportive of the president, but we're getting tired. We're getting tired. So, what we want to do is, we want to give the president every opportunity to show -- to show what he can do and what he's prepared to lead on," Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) told a Congressional Black Caucus-sponsored gathering yesterday in Detroit.

"Our people are hurting," Waters added.

"We don't know why on this trip that he's in the United States now, he's not in any black communities. We don't know that," Waters said.

Election is too far out to worry about black voter turnout.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Not in my lifetime have I ever seen a more "coddled" president.
The parties, the vacations, the lack of leadership and all around him are synchophants who feed his ever-growing ego.

It'll be good to see 2012.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i watched that maxine waters video today never mind shes a crook.

but she goes " what are you going to do for them they need jobs" blah blah blah meaning african americans.

well i know for a fact of the 25 million umemployed they all arent african american.

but no the special interest that waters represents wants special treatment yet agian,.

the funny part here is that waters wouldnt be handling bush with kid gloves like every else has.

i am so sick of this crap theres your racism

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The only way the doomsday prophecies of 2012 will come true is if Obama is re-elected........

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
don't worry everything will be handled after his vacation

...sit tight more vague campaign speeches to come

...someone should have got an Oscar instead of a Noble Peace prize

...I'm not a president but I play one on TV
edit on 17-8-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

...but apparently even that loyalty has its limits, and those limits have been reached

Don't let the article fool ya' - They would follow the guy off a cliff...which actually might prove to be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why the hell is there a black caucus?!?!!

Not to ignore the thread point, but I never get a satisfactory answer for this.

Is there a white caucus? nope...this is not equality, this is seperation. The people in the black caucus are part of an orginization that requires the status quo of inequality to continue to exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist
don't worry everything will be handled after his vacation

...sit tight more vague campaign speeches to come

...someone should have got an Oscar instead of a Noble Peace prize

...I'm not a president but I play one on TV
edit on 17-8-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

Absolutely!

You'd just think - if you were a thinking person - that as desperate as people are getting about the state of jobs and the economy in general that if you actually had a plan to fix things, you'd want to tell people about it and get it started right away - not after you took off for some nice R&R.

Amazes me to see people still defending obama when even Helen Keller would be able to see and hear how clueless and out of touch obama is.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Why the hell is there a black caucus?!?!!

Not to ignore the thread point, but I never get a satisfactory answer for this.

Is there a white caucus? nope...this is not equality, this is seperation. The people in the black caucus are part of an orginization that requires the status quo of inequality to continue to exist.

With you on that post - and feel the same about all the other special interest groups that exist when there are none I'd be allowed to join.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
After reading that stirring piece by Rep. Waters, it is stirring that she has to get approval of her constituents to do the right thing. It is so, heart warming.

But all satire aside, did Rep, Waters, or any of the politicians really need permission to do the right thing and take the actions to help those that they are suppose to represent? If you look at where Obama is going, these are not areas that are known for a high or predominate African American community, rather these are communities with a high Hispanic population centers, and immigrant basis groups. Of all of the stops that are listed, Atlanta is the only one where there would show a large African American community and basis, but Miami and Los Angeles that is more Hispanic.

Ironic that people fail to see that the government can not create jobs, it is not in the mandate of the federal government to do, it can regulate business, and create laws to either make it easier or harder for businesses to start up. If the government was serious about job creation, they would review all of the laws, and policies that has been a millstone around business for years, all of the regulations, red tape and talk to the small business owners, the ones who traditionally have been putting people to work for years, to find out what their concerns are, what laws are holding them back and what is giving them support, and those that are established, along with what all it would take to allow for them to expand and grow. Then on only then would it allow for business to grow and put people back to work.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Is there a white caucus?

I'll probably get flammed for this. But I think the White Caucus is everyone else. Officially no, there's no White Caucus. But Unofficially I think it's been pretty clear that there's been a White Caucus for the last 200 or so years.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

"... So, the Black Caucus doesn't want to put any pressure on obama for anything because he is "loved by black voters", but apparently even that loyalty has its limits, and those limits have been reached. ..."

is the black cacus referring to jobs in America or jobs for blacks
which is more than 3X the national average for whites & latinos, the 2 dominant groups in america demographics

i heard Maxine's news blurb and also the 45 seconds of berating the **Obama** administration by the spokesman/ community activist (sheeze can't recall his name--- but it wasn't jessee jackson, it's the other ambulance-chaser guy always dressed to the TEEs...who always tells us that blacks are demonized, exploited, deliberately made 'poor')

~brain freeze~

~~~ADD:

it's all fluff and bluster so that they can get some face-time in the media for a presumed in-justice...

hell, Barrack Hussein Obama is being a puppet and follows his elite masters in the shadow government policy lines... which was to save Wall Street & skrew Main Street, meaning jobs.

BHO can always defend himself with his 'shovel ready' stimulus program (which never filtered down to the unemployed masses... the corporations that had 'shovel ready' projects went ahead and siphoned off the infrastructure money instead of hiring tens of thousands of unemployed... the $600+ billion went to the vaults of the already healthy & liquid corporations instead... resulting in bonuses for the upper level execuitives that would trickle back into the economy with the purchases of luxury items

edit on 17-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Is there a white caucus?

I'll probably get flammed for this. But I think the White Caucus is everyone else. Officially no, there's no White Caucus. But Unofficially I think it's been pretty clear that there's been a White Caucus for the last 200 or so years.

So, with hispanics taking over the majority in many U.S. locations, that argument is sooooo out of date.

And does what I just said mean we can have white caucuses now?

Back on topic ...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

Please keep this thread on topic.
We don't need to have side discussions on why there is a black caucus, what the response would be if Bush were in office, or any other unnecessary and derailing comment.

This is an interesting development, let's discuss it.

Please read the following:
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Wed Aug 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Was thinking same.... the continual irony and hypocrisy is a constant source of amusement/anger, depending on the experience, constitution and emotional investment of the individual observer, Either way... for me the picture represents people swimming in a flash flood of denial while attempting to build sandcastles. Lucky I'm not supplying the sand or have an emotional attachment to it, but still it is observed as an irrational act of self inflicted blindness on the part of Obama's supporters.... I wonder if they even realise their hopes are their prejudices for their team colors rather than for the competency of who they place their faith in.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Not in my lifetime have I ever seen a more "coddled" president.
The parties, the vacations, the lack of leadership and all around him are synchophants who feed his ever-growing ego.

It'll be good to see 2012.

Amen, borther! You know it! Obama acts like NO OTHER PRESIDENT EVER HAS. The liberals and radical leftists all like to point out Bush took more vacation days, but that doesn't count, because he was out WORKING on his ranch, not running around Europe sucking up wine on the tax payer dime! Never ever has a President taken as many sick days or had as many parties or bus tours as *Obama!*
edit on Wed Aug 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

top topics

join