It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Worried About The Future Of The UK.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiracy
The UK is ruined already, if i had the money id up and leave this dive to the immigrants that have taken over.

Yea...call me racist...whatever...420,000 new legal immigrants year in year out for the past few decades, then add another 200-500,000 illegal immigrants that come in too per year on the backs of lorries.

The councils will have to spend £1,000,000,000 in the next 20 years just to house these people. Only 17% of British people have council houses, compared to 80% of Somalians who live here!!! Its disgusting!!!

People i know cannot get a council house because....they are all given to immigrants!

I hate this country!!

under this situation, you can expect civil unrest to become a "mad max" permanent reality.

this immigration is dreamed up by romantic diplomats, who believed that somehow the nation will adapt.

since in reality, the UK has no need of this potential labor force, these newcomers will feel neglected by their new homeland and become resentful.

all Western countries are moving towards a permanent state of civil unrest, due to an underclass that will not integrate, and will be permanently dependent on welfare, subsidized housing, etc.

our diplomats are romantic idiots.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The poorer and underpriviledged people of this country are by and large that way by choice .
They chose their lot , so why should they be able to complain about it . ?

link   
The irony of all this ,is some of the MP's calling for stiffer punishment on these youths are the ones who cream the hardworking taxpayers money in expenses.

And it got a bit ridiculous that 2 young naive boys get 4 years each ,for posting stupid msg on Facebook over these riots that never even happen in there retrospective towns ,while MP's get a slap on the wrist and told not to get caught again ...

Britain went tits up a long time ago.. Thanks to Blairs Labour!

link   
gotta say that i also feel worried...

worried that our society has created the conditions for such anger to explode, both from the rioters and from those who call for the harshest punishments.

worried that when the looters wear suits they are not brought to justice. MPs commit fraud and loot the public purse, but they can just give it back and say sorry?

worried that we all seem to have forgotten that another young man was killed by the police; nearly 400 deaths in police custody in the last 10yrs and not one single conviction?

worried that it's ok for our prime minister to incite violence at the dispatch box against other countries.

and extremely worried that if we allow the simplistic route of 'they are just criminals and thugs' to continue, we are merely fuelling the conditions that create a 'perfect storm'.

or maybe that's the point.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

The police are not the problem . They do not make the laws , they uphold the law .

They do not uphold the law because they are confused how to do so. How much force can they apply when things get out of hand?

Every time they apply force we (the public) shout, complain and call brutality. The same thing happened with political correctness effectively making the individual scared to say certain acceptable words/statement in case it "offended" someone.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

I wish i could give you a flag as well as a star .
what a fantastic responce

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

It is a good thing that we constantly critise our police force. A few quote to help my point;

British police probably are, ultimately, the best in the world. In the same way that we return home from holiday full of appreciation for the BBC, Brits in Europe and America quickly come to appreciate the moderation and humility of our police force.

This did not occur because the British are somehow innately superior. It happened because we hound the police. We criticise them, we regulate them and we monitor them. The police are the most dangerous thing in the world. They are the mechanism the state uses to interfere with what you do. They are to be tolerated, not loved. It's by vigilance, not praise, that we keep them decent.

The police are the most dangerous thing in the world. They are the mechanism the state uses to interfere with what you do

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You aint seen nothing yet. Wait until there's a food (and possibly water) shortage, you can no longer afford your rent and utilities while petrol becomes too expensive.

Then you are going to see riots like you've never before seen in your life....and the next time they won't just target the working class and middle class; they are going to go for the high end of town, parliament buildings, places of authority and corporations/banks.

What you saw is London recently is just practise lessons. The above? You're going to see hundreds of dead people on the street....not by rioters....but Police & Military.

edit on 17-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hey,

Yes I am just reading this article that you linked and criticising the police force is one thing but we do it to the point of limitation. We limit our police force.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Immigration officer comes home to find family of Romanian gypsies squatting in her house, wearing her clothes and drinking her wine (after telling neighbours she'd died) Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Perversely enough - the UK will remain relatively untroubled in what is to come,simply due to being an Island.

There will be revolution, martial law, bloodshed on an epic scale probably - but nothing compared to the mother of all (jihadi) civil wars that is coming to mainland Europe.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

I welcome the changes that come in the wake of this, however, if they seriously infringe our freedom then I will speak up. However, please quit the liberal attitude of the general public who are actually a silent majority and share the same voice as those calling for crackdowns.

Problem you have there my friend, is by letting these changes happen, TPTB are letting you believe they are doing your say-so... when in fact by the time you get to the point of "speaking up" you have already lost all your freedoms and YOU have become the enemy of the state.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Changes in law that we think are there to protect us, normally end up being used against us. Look how the anti terror laws are used on peaceful protesters or even people taking photo's of famous monuments in cities.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

The riots were perpitrated and carried out by lawless louts , hell bent on nothing but looting and vandalism.
I am in total agreement with anybody who says that this kind of barbaric behaviour deserves the highest form of punishment possible .

In certain circumstances , both looting and arson are both punishable by death .

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

I respect your opinion and do believe they should be punished but really, death? I mean since when did a company’s stock become more valued then human life? Arson however is far more serious but even that I wouldn’t say warrants death, if someone was injured then perhaps life in prison. I just find it worrying people seem to be placing business as a higher priority to human life no matter how foolish they might be.

Please don't misunderstand me . I am not calling for the death penalty in this situation . I merely stated that the perpitrators should be punished to the highest point of the law .

Then I merely pointed out that certain acts are still punishable by death.

Oh I get you and I misinterpreted what you were saying. I agree for the most part with what you are saying though not when it comes to a death penalty. To me it’s like a dad choosing to discipline his child by killing him which is not really discipline but extermination. If I were a millionaire and someone burnt down a couple of millions worth of my property I still would not wish death upon that person though I would want to give said person a good beating if im honest ha.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The anti-terror laws are the best example of that worry.

Thanks

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Changes in law that we think are there to protect us, normally end up being used against us. Look how the anti terror laws are used on peaceful protesters or even people taking photo's of famous monuments in cities.

Exactly what I just said he he

They make us think that the laws they implement are the laws we are asking for when in fact they are dangerous and remove more and more of our power and liberties, it's only when too many freedoms are lost that people cry out, by then it's way too late, it's very clever and sadly the sheeple don't see through it.

By the time we stand up and protest, protesting and speaking out is illegal and we're enemies of the state, that was my point.

Too many people are ready to accept the new measures because of the riots but only when it affects their freedoms will they cry out.

Already the government have spoken of curfews and switching Facebook off.... ok, it may prevent a few lunatics but what about the millions and millions who use it quietly and nicely?
Headline in a newspaper today speaks of a couple of lads locked up for 4 years because they used FB, the "crime" they committed NEVER actually happened, they only spoke about it... ok, so they may have rioted BUT this is PRE-EMPTIVE policing, the crime never happened.. it's the start of a slippery slope my friends.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well said and exactly what I was trying to convey in the OP but alas I am not that good at putting my thoughts to words.

ALS

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
EDIT: Wow, somehow I ended up on the wrong page. Please delete my comment.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join