It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Worried About The Future Of The UK.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Extremely worried.

Although the riots have subsided videos of certain dispictable acts are coming to light. Take this for example;

Video has been released of a scooter driver being dragged from his vehicle before it is stolen by rioters in Croydon.

Yahoo

Now I agree this theft is awful and should not go unpunished. But what scares me is the reaction of the puplic, comments such as "they should be hung" or "bring in the army" even comments like "we should ban all forms of protests" seem to have general consesus. I believe the political elite of this nation will use the riots to impose a fully flegde police state.

And the thing that worries me the most is that the general population seem to welcome it. In a recent poll by The Sun newspaper 33% of voters want/ed the government to use LIVE AMMUNITION. 33%, thats one in three.

ONE in three people want police to use LIVE bullets against rioting thugs, a YouGov poll for The Sun reveals today.

The Sun

Truth is I believe the government started or allowed these riots to happen, in hope the the population would call for such actions. Why? Due to the coming civil unrest due to economic collapse.

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The riots were perpitrated and carried out by lawless louts , hell bent on nothing but looting and vandalism.
I am in total agreement with anybody who says that this kind of barbaric behaviour deserves the highest form of punishment possible .

In certain circumstances , both looting and arson are both punishable by death .

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Great article.

This did not occur because the British are somehow innately superior. It happened because we hound the police. We criticise them, we regulate them and we monitor them. The police are the most dangerous thing in the world. They are the mechanism the state uses to interfere with what you do. They are to be tolerated, not loved. It's by vigilance, not praise, that we keep them decent.

www.politics.co.uk...

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Yes, I agree, but you have to admit It has kind of ruined It for the ones who want to peacefull let their goverments know they are not happy and want change.
Now anyone trying to protest will be stopped and most likely treated like riotor, and It will all be justify'd because of the riots In 2011.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zakka
reply to post by tpg65

Yes, I agree, but you have to admit It has kind of ruined It for the ones who want to peacefull let their goverments know they are not happy and want change.
Now anyone trying to protest will be stopped and most likely treated like riotor, and It will all be justify'd because of the riots In 2011.

I understand your concerns . I doubt that PEACEFUL protests will ever be stopped , becuase that would infer that we live in a police state and not a democracy.
Only rioters will be treated like rioters and rightly so .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

In certain circumstances , both looting and arson are both punishable by death

See this is what I'm worried about. Now arson I can get, if for example someone burnt down an orphanage killing a bunch of kids but this did not and likely will never happen.

Looting by nature is a opportunistic crime like most theft.

Where is the reasons for the death penalty? Please give me some reasons, help me understand.

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
The riots were perpitrated and carried out by lawless louts , hell bent on nothing but looting and vandalism.
I am in total agreement with anybody who says that this kind of barbaric behaviour deserves the highest form of punishment possible .

In certain circumstances , both looting and arson are both punishable by death .

I respect your opinion and do believe they should be punished but really, death? I mean since when did a company’s stock become more valued then human life? Arson however is far more serious but even that I wouldn’t say warrants death, if someone was injured then perhaps life in prison. I just find it worrying people seem to be placing business as a higher priority to human life no matter how foolish they might be.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The UK is ruined already, if i had the money id up and leave this dive to the immigrants that have taken over.

Yea...call me racist...whatever...420,000 new legal immigrants year in year out for the past few decades, then add another 200-500,000 illegal immigrants that come in too per year on the backs of lorries.

The councils will have to spend £1,000,000,000 in the next 20 years just to house these people. Only 17% of British people have council houses, compared to 80% of Somalians who live here!!! Its disgusting!!!

People i know cannot get a council house because....they are all given to immigrants!

I hate this country!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Arson in a Naval dockland......Still punishable by death.
Looting while under Martial law .....Still punishable by death .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Originally posted by tpg65

I respect your opinion and do believe they should be punished but really, death? I mean since when did a company’s stock become more valued then human life? Arson however is far more serious but even that I wouldn’t say warrants death, if someone was injured then perhaps life in prison. I just find it worrying people seem to be placing business as a higher priority to human life no matter how foolish they might be.

Please don't misunderstand me . I am not calling for the death penalty in this situation . I merely stated that the perpitrators should be punished to the highest point of the law .

Then I merely pointed out that certain acts are still punishable by death.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

So you believe these draconian laws to be correct? The rule of law isn't always an answer.

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

This is in London, and I thought that England had no death penalty, excuse me if I'm wrong. Surely 'normal' riot procedure would have been fine with the use of water cannons or tasers even?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wether I agree with the law is irrelevant . I was merely pointing out the the law exists.

Decent people will no longer stand by and watch the dreggs of our society act in such a barbaric way.
These people did not have a legitimate greivance at the time of the riots . They were just hell bent on theft and destruction of property and that can no longer be tolerated .
We live in a society where people are afraid of walking the streets at night , where are old people live in fear behind locked doors , where gangs of youths congrigate and think they above the law and that too will be no longer tolerated .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Spot on, this thread. Things have been getting worse for years now.
I think that as the gap between the rich and the rest of us has grown, so have the number of laws and restrictions on our freedoms. It seems as though we all have to give up our rights as well as our cash for the fat elite.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
reply to post by tpg65

This is in London, and I thought that England had no death penalty, excuse me if I'm wrong. Surely 'normal' riot procedure would have been fine with the use of water cannons or tasers even?

I am in manchester , UK .
As well as the two examples of acts that still CAN carry the death penalty , there is also High Treason , but that is not rellevant in this case .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I agree, this form of anti-social behaviour should not be tolorated any longer but there are many under lining issues here. The police play a big part in these problems. Stop and searchs for example breed resentment.

I'm just worried about the wider implications of people call for the use of such things as live ammunation.

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Extremely worried.

Although the riots have subsided videos of certain dispictable acts are coming to light. Take this for example;

Video has been released of a scooter driver being dragged from his vehicle before it is stolen by rioters in Croydon.

Yahoo

Now I agree this theft is awful and should not go unpunished. But what scares me is the reaction of the puplic, comments such as "they should be hung" or "bring in the army" even comments like "we should ban all forms of protests" seem to have general consesus. I believe the political elite of this nation will use the riots to impose a fully flegde police state.

And the thing that worries me the most is that the general population seem to welcome it. In a recent poll by The Sun newspaper 33% of voters want/ed the government to use LIVE AMMUNITION. 33%, thats one in three.

ONE in three people want police to use LIVE bullets against rioting thugs, a YouGov poll for The Sun reveals today.

The Sun

Truth is I believe the government started or allowed these riots to happen, in hope the the population would call for such actions. Why? Due to the coming civil unrest due to economic collapse.

ALS

1 in 3 people are retarted.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

As the rich get richer and the poor, poorer. The elite are going to need to strengthen certain laws to stop "the peasents revolting". I believe the Riots have provided a perfect opportunity for them to do so and the working class seems to agrees with them. Crazy!
ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by tpg65

I agree, this form of anti-social behaviour should not be tolorated any longer but there are many under lining issues here. The police play a big part in these problems. Stop and searchs for example breed resentment.

I'm just worried about the wider implications of people call for the use of such things as live ammunation.

ALS

The police are not the problem . They do not make the laws , they uphold the law .
If you are unhappy with the present laws , why not go and protest .........but keep it peaceful

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I will admit that I have seen a vast change in the mind-set of many people considered the "general public" in the wake of the riots. Many liberal people calling for capital punishment.

However, I am on their side. British society is currently in a pretty bad shape and it has nothing to do with unemployment or this fictitious concept of an underprivileged youth. It is to do with arrogance and greed and a decade of liberal public opinion.

I really think that we need to come down hard on violence and unrest. Peace protest will always have a place in Britain, always. However, a people driven by greed are incapable of being peaceful. As such we descend into violence with this shocking attitude that Brits display.

I welcome the changes that come in the wake of this, however, if they seriously infringe our freedom then I will speak up. However, please quit the liberal attitude of the general public who are actually a silent majority and share the same voice as those calling for crackdowns.

The British are sick of letting the "poor" and "underprivileged" youth run the streets and intimidate the communities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join