It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to present new ``stimulus package`` on Sept. 16

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, not surprised.
But think less economic stimulus and more pay out for votes from Obama slush fund.

Maybe I will get a check in the mail.
Oh wait I forgot, I am not a Union member, Democrat or minority.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Well, not surprised.
But think less economic stimulus and more pay out for votes from Obama slush fund.

Maybe I will get a check in the mail.
Oh wait I forgot, I am not a Union member, Democrat or minority.

Oh well.

I remember getting a check from the government when Bush was President, in fact every taxpayer got one. Under Obama you only get a check if you are heavy into unions (Chrysler, GM), or if you are a failed Green Energy company (Solar Panel outfit, that went bankrupt and moved jobs to China). But putting money back into the hands of taxpayers has never crossed Obama's little mind?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Its the only trick he has left.

He knows that he won't get more spending passed, hence he can take the high road and depict the republicans as obstructionists.

He has to support more spending or offend his base which is all he has left

It is no different that typical democrat politics albiet on a larger scale. Paying bums to vote, giving folks money and liquor to vote, paying folks to vote multiple times.

Democrats have been buying votes for decades. At least this time the House can deny him the cash to do it.

In the end it won't matter. He could get a couple of $trillion in new spending approved and it will never hit the ground, certainly not in time for the election, if it ever does.

Here is a terrific example of a "green jobs" program that was to create 2,000 jobs in Seattle and wound up creating 14

"Last year, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn announced the city had won a coveted $20 million federal grant to invest in weatherization. The unglamorous work of insulating crawl spaces and attics had emerged as a silver bullet in a bleak economy – able to create jobs and shrink carbon footprint – and the announcement came with great fanfare.

McGinn had joined Vice President Joe Biden in the White House to make it. It came on the eve of Earth Day. It had heady goals: creating 2,000 living-wage jobs in Seattle and retrofitting 2,000 homes in poorer neighborhoods.

But more than a year later, Seattle's numbers are lackluster. As of last week, only three homes had been retrofitted and just 14 new jobs have emerged from the program. Many of the jobs are administrative, and not the entry-level pathways once dreamed of for low-income workers. Some people wonder if the original goals are now achievable."

www.komonews.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm all in if my taxes are going down again.

That last round of tax breaks was pretty sweet.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Yeah, you got a check from bush but now your are paying that miserable check interest and anything that was thrown like bread crumbs into the gullible citizens for years to come.

See the debt got bigger with Bush open wallet policies, and now is worst, we all paying for it, except those 51% that do not contribute one rats arse to taxes in the country, but they also got Bush checks in the mail. Guess what you paying for that also.

In 1213 the fed is expecting that Bushes tax cuts to the rich be over so they can raise interest, the only way to fix the mess we have thanks to Bush and now Obama is raising taxes on the top income earners, but they are such good pimps buying whores in congress that they will get what they want while the working class that still works in meaningful pay jobs get robbed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If there is a good side to this, it is that Barry Obama has gone SO FAR beyond what a majority of Americans poll as feeling is remotely appropriate, the public will be watching for the slightest whiff of his brand of politics in candidates for several cycles to come, if Obama doesn't destroy our system before his 1st term mercifully ends and he's returned to a private citizen.

By the way....at what point do we stop giving Obama the 'bad judgement, inexperience and previous problems' excuses for making the same catastrophically BAD decisions and begin exploring how far into the realm of prosecutable felony offenses he has PERSONALLY gone as a man. He's going so far beyond simple bad conduct as a President that I don't care anymore what precedent it sets because Obama is a class all his own. 1 Minute after the exchange of power occurs in Jan of 2013, I'd like to see his own protection detail turn around and hook him up for a his very own mug shot and a BOATLOAD of major felony charges.

Of course, first they will have to figure out if it's Barry or Barrack to properly type in the name box.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join