It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to present new ``stimulus package`` on Sept. 16

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Surprise surprise, they are at it again... well not really a surprise coming from these keynesian fools.

President Weighs Asking Panel for Stimulus Measures

Mr. Obama said in Iowa that when Congress returns from recess in September he will put forward "a very specific plan to boost the economy, to create jobs, and to control our deficit." He will unveil his plan before the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction's first meeting on Sept. 16.

Can you see how double speak this is? Boost the economy, create jobs (aka spending MORE government money) while at the same time, saying that it will ``control the deficit``... this is a doubleplus good plan!

We're gonna spend MORE money... but it's gonna make us a SMALLER deficit...

His plan :

These include extending unemployment-insurance benefits and a payroll-tax cut for employees, which expire at year end and together cost more than $160 billion a year, and an infrastructure bank that could cost as much as $30 billion. The White House is also looking at a payroll-tax cut for employers, worth perhaps as much as roughly $110 billion, and other tax breaks for businesses of as much as $55 billion.

So total ``cost`` of another failed ``stimulus``... 355 billion/year.... funny since the ``deficit reduction plan`` will ``cut`` 4 billion (yes a whole 4 billion) in FY2012...

So cut 4 billion and add 355 billion... total ``deficit reduction plan`` : +351 billion $... epic win...

edit on 17-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Surprise surprise, they are at it again... well not really a surprise coming from these keynesian fools.

President Weighs Asking Panel for Stimulus Measures

Mr. Obama said in Iowa that when Congress returns from recess in September he will put forward "a very specific plan to boost the economy, to create jobs, and to control our deficit." He will unveil his plan before the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction's first meeting on Sept. 16.

That's a better plan that I initially thought it was.

I thought this was his stimulus plan:

Obama warns of lone wolf attacks on September 11.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had me fooled, but hey it could happen right?

As far as this goes, raise your thumbs ATS if you think this will be beneficial.

A thumb down if you think it will be detrimental?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well I guess hes lost hope and just wants to wreck the economy even more before hes ousted by Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Keynsian Fools like this one?
www.economist.com...

I guess the fed should lower the interest rate then...

I mean, it's not like anybody is buying US Debt anymore, now that S&P has downgraded its rating...
www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 17-8-2011 by debunky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

Keynsian Fools like this one?
www.economist.com...

edit on 17-8-2011 by debunky because: (no reason given)

Yep, just like this one.

Yeah make it negative so then everybody will be forced to spend money.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

So, you don't agree with Judd?
Tell me, whats wrong with his reasoning?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

So, you don't agree with Judd?
Tell me, whats wrong with his reasoning?

Well he's not a tea partier, even if he ``founded`` Tea Party Nation.

Real tea partiers don't support spending more government money (which he is for) nor doing more wars (which he is for). This guy should be calling himself a neo-con, because that's what he is.

And keynesian fools just think about spending money to infinity, creating a demand that is NOT THERE... so that way, you have to spend that amount of money forever otherwise you'll see an economic contraction. Problem is, you can't spend that money forever or your country is gonna go bankrupt.

And spending money on the military for ``stimulus package`` is totally ridiculous. Why? Because once it's spent and done, it creates nothing... only spread destruction. The only way it would be beneficial is if then the military built would be used to bomb countries into oblivion and steal their natural resources.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

If it creates demand, it is there.
And demand for infrastructure is rather high in the US right now.
Interst rates are low
Treasury yields are low
Domestic spending contracted.
Even Milton Friedman would say lets expand gov spending now, if he was still around

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This just in the Breaking Alternative News Forum :

Food Stamp Stimulus Felt Coast to Coast
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

The Emperor is proclaiming that the record number of Food Stamp users are actally stimulating the economy because it is creating jobs in the food industry.

Yep, he's reall that arrogant.

So whatever this plan is probably won't compare to the insanity of this.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

If it creates demand, it is there.

It creates FALSE demand.

And demand for infrastructure is rather high in the US right now.

Yeah if there's ``stimulus money`` to be spent, it should be spent on infrastructure in the US.

Interst rates are low

Artificially low. Too low.

Treasury yields are low

Which won't last.

Domestic spending contracted.

Because people don't have jobs.

Even Milton Friedman would say lets expand gov spending now, if he was still around

Of course he would have, Friedman was a Keynesian...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sigh another temporary plan to give citizens false hope.

Change for the short term to help him get re elected.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There you go. Another NAIL IN OUR COFFIN !!! He Learned Well From Bush !!!

Put more debt on the backs of our children, increase the debt, give the rich tax breaks and hope the same things that got us into this mess will fix us this time !!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Obama is going to take a stab at his own WPA style program. He's got nothing left to try because he sure as hell won't cave on restructuring taxes to encourage and further develop business. So, he'll toss out another $800 billion to have the unemployed join up with an Obama work camp that marches around the nation putting band aids on our nation's infrastructure. When the money runs out so do the jobs and its back to square one....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well for anybody that is "hopeful" about this new "stimulus" just remember what happen to the last few, it didn't do a darn thing because they are nothing more than bandaids, incentives and give aways and are not to benefit the unemployed.

Until the real problems that are killing Americas work force and industry is addressed no bandaid is going to fix anything.

Please people our problems has to do with what private interest and our whores in congress catering to that interest is doing, unfair free trade is killing America, outsourcing is killing America, immigration is killing America, foreign awarded visas are killing America, does anybody see anything addressing that?, no, so don't even think that something like another wasteful stimulus is going to help.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Also on Sept. 16th, I, Beezzer, will introduce some new origami art. It is small balls of paper wrinkled untill it is in a round shape. I will call them Nirubu.

They will be about as much worth as Obama's stimulus package.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
[sarcasm] HURRAY, we're saved!!![/sarcasm]

I'm sure Obama's plan will do as much to save the economy as this guy's plan.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Newsflash!! Hey Obama there is still $125 billion unspent from your last round of stimulus. What gives?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Newsflash!! Hey Obama there is still $125 billion unspent from your last round of stimulus. What gives?

Back off!
(that's his vacation money)
And golf caddies don't tip themselves!

He'll need this new stimulus package for more concerts at the White House.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
One more thing, beware of the new economic team of Obama, they are to propose more taxes that will once again benefit the rich but will darn the whatever is the work class in the nation and guess what no whore in congress will fight that new proposal.

More dangerous, the new bipartisan commission charged with finding solutions to the nation's debt crisis have one obvious tax increase to propose: a limitation in mortgage tax relief, a subsidy which benefits the rich and wasteful at the expense of the poor and thrifty who pay off their mortgages and pay taxes at lower marginal rates.

moneymorning.com...

This is how congress whores are helping the hard working America.

Stimulus my butt, this is just to make people feel warm and cozy about Obama and forget that they are screwing us from every side and way they can.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Great news!

Hopefully it will go into effect and just like its predecessor, keep the nation's economy from getting much worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join