It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Tooth flying bot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This is very cool, I would love to have one of these to fly around my house.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Its cool, I bet it cost to much to be training yourself to fly it in your house.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Without a doubt it is most likely out of my "price range". Still, I hope it isn't long before this kind of technology is avaliable for all.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It might not be that expensive to build one of these little guys the mechanics of the robot are easy part. Developing new light weight power sources and what not is the hard part let them spend all the money creating the new parts.

Hopeful robot builders will be able to buy the new power supply they make for these little flying robots and we can make our own.

Weight of batteries has always been a killer in small flying robots

[edit on 19-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Without a doubt it is most likely out of my "price range". Still, I hope it isn't long before this kind of technology is avaliable for all.

Well this is a prtotype and of course it's terribly expensive, but I tell you what. The "obsolete" VCR contains in fact some of the most advanced technology ever, be it precision electronics or mechanical precision. Do some research on this and you'll be surprised. Now, due to mass production, the cost of this miracle of technology is now what... $30.

So if this thing flies, they'll prolly cost like a pack of cigarettes eventually.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Cool, somebody should develop a dogfighting game where they shoot at each other with laser pointers and when they hit a sensor on the opposing craft, it shuts down and lands and is out of the game.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Its funny how we all realize the commercial value of these little robots. In the article it talks about using them in surveillance operations or for reaching into tiny spaces to look for earthquake survivors.

I wonder if Bandi or other Toy companies are keeping a close eye on this technology.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Cool, somebody should develop a dogfighting game where they shoot at each other with laser pointers and when they hit a sensor on the opposing craft, it shuts down and lands and is out of the game.

I agree that would SO much fun.

Shadow, yes I do get your point about us thinking about it commercially, the inventors would probably never have invented it if they didn't think money could be made.

However with a flight time of 3 minutes it isn't yet going to be of much use in searching for survivors etc. So yes, Shadow lets hope they can invent better power sources

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Have a few friends over and don't tell them about it. Throw in a battery and watch them all freak out!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
robofly

Heres a pic of one there making with DARPA funded money. If this thing works it will be something to see. Thats whats is really impressive about the one in this thread its already flying the Robofly in the pic has not yet got of the ground that I know of. Though the have made the smallest gearbox on the planet for it.

They talk about the toy value of robofly in articles about it. Dogfights in your living room that would be so cool.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Shadow, that is one weird looking machine in that picture. Do you have any links you can give me? I would love to know how that is going to fly.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Heres some links on this robot.UC Berkeley engineers seems to be making these little guys for the goverment and its expected to fly this year.They studied how the wings of a real fly work they seem to do alot more them just flap up and down but also rotate as they flap. and this robot will work in the same principle as a real fly.

science.howstuffworks.com...

journalism.berkeley.edu... bofly.html

www.scienceblog.com...

new topics

top topics

join