It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Surprisingly, Rick Santorum looks like the most well rounded. he was a decent Senator here in Pa.
Just something about his personality that turns people off. He definitely will make a great cabinet choice.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
He let that small segment get out of hand and paint loser all over HIS canvas.
Some leader.
Where are his televised podium speaches where he takes command of his own campaign and tosses them fringers who were destroying his chances on the curb where they belonged?
I'll be waiting.

So, lemme guess, you don't have the quotes from Ron Paul where he said he wanted to "legalize heroin", and that he believed the government was behind 9/11 yet? You were defending the BBC article, so let's see those quotes.

Better get on it, cuz it seems like you went right back to trying to attach a small segment of outspoken supporters that you find obnoxious, to Ron Paul and his positions on leading the country. If you can't find me those quotes, then find me where he once told supporters to be disruptive, or defended disruptive behavior on their behalf. I asked you first, provide me those quotes, and then I'll get on looking for yours.
edit on 17-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
He let that small segment get out of hand and paint loser all over HIS canvas.
Some leader.
Where are his televised podium speaches where he takes command of his own campaign and tosses them fringers who were destroying his chances on the curb where they belonged?
I'll be waiting.

So, lemme guess, you don't have the quotes from Ron Paul where he said he wanted to "legalize" heroin, and that he believed the government was behind 9/11 yet? You were defending the BBC article, so let's see those quotes.

Better get on it, cuz it seems like you went right back to trying to attach a small segment of outspoken supporters that you find obnoxious, to Ron Paul and his positions on leading the country. If you can't find me those quotes, then find me where he once told supporters to be disruptive, or defended disruptive behavior on their behalf. I asked you first, provide me those quotes, and then I'll get on looking for yours.

Lol this is ridiculous, find me where he won the presidency hahaha.

It doesn't matter if he said them, his silence was taken as acceptance. It is generally accepted as a negative impact to his campaign. Accept historical fact, learn from it and move on. Something Ron Paul Base supporters are incapable of apparently.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is great.

and this one:

www.ronpauldailynews.com...
edit on 17-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

He hasn't been silent on either of the issues we were discussing in the BBC article. But that is an interesting position you have there, that silence equals acceptance. In regards to saying he would legalize heroin, here's a quote from his Piers Morgan interview when asked about it, he said "I have never talked about legalizing heroin in my 30 years in politics." He's just against the failed war on drugs, that has done nothing to stop drug use, just turned murderers into gods across the border. And jailing people with addictions, for victimless crimes on the taxpayer's back.

In regards to 9/11 being an inside job, he said "9/11 Was Absolutely NOT An Inside Job". And has done so on several occasions. He believes it was because of bad foreign policy, and ineptness of the government.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

-snip>

But when asked, Ron Paul, despite whether supporting civil liberty doesn't agree in the separation of Church and State as the founding fathers did.

The Founding Fathers you quote below are but a handful of the men that authored the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

This restricts the Federal government and only the Federal government, now granted all States have a State Constitution, and they all have a similar clause.

So it really doesn't matter what Mr Paul's personal views may or may mot be on religion, we are protected from the Federal and State governments trying to establishing any kind of a State sponsored religion (which is really what the above amendment quote is all about).

Again, the constitutional insists that church and state be separate, which Ron Paul has disagreed with when asked, and possibly because of his own religious bias.

Would you please provide a site that has quotes that shows that Mr Paul disagrees with the 1st amendment.

-snip>

I 'snipped' the rest of your post, I would need your site on Ron Paul not agreeing with the 1st amendment before I could address the whole post.

Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies

Thomas Jefferson

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.

Thomas Paine

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.

Benjamin Franklin
edit on 17/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

Again 3 of the Founding Fathers out of all the men that authored the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Also could you provide sites for the above quotes? I'm having a hard time finding them in the original documents.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

He wants to end all of the wars....jeez, what a renegade politician, we don't want a daredevil like that in office! No wars? Who will we kill? What countries could we invade?

Check

He wants cut spending heavily which will help to chip away at our massive debt.

Check

He wants to legalize all drugs and leave the freedom of choice up to the individual and leave the government out of it.

Please and thank you.

He wants to back the federal reserve with gold in order to protect the money from corruption.

If this does not happen the Federal Reserve will be so corrupted in the next 10 years I would be seriously surprised if it doesn't bring America down crashing and burning.

He wants to protect individuals rights and enforce/apply the Constitution no matter what the situation.

Agreed, as the law right now is so hazy, it's hardly clear what is legal and what isn't on a general basis. I'm nervous every time I see a cop, that isn't right they are suppose to make you feel safe, not scared or nervous. That is what the laws on top of laws that were somehow passed in this country slowly but surely became unconstitutional, and then we have one person, one measly judge determining whether a certain case is constitutional or not... that my friends, is not acceptable.

He wants to limit the power of the federal government and protect the citizens.

Something that needs to happen! You can't feed power to a Government that is already bribed from every possible angle, liberty is not going to exist anymore.

Either way mostly everything that Ron Paul want's to do is not going to hurt anyone. He is simply trying to eliminate the immediate issues at hand, unfortunately I doubt he will be able to accomplish even half of what he claims, but at least he has the right idea.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

the constitutional insists that church and state be separate.

"the constitutional insists that church and state ,,,work it out between Church and the State involved.

FEDERAL Government,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,STAY out of it,,,

the constitution insists,,,,

common.,, i'm a canadian,
,u can't read you own Constitution ?
??
edit on 17-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
if the msm wasn't completely ignoring ron paul, i bet they'd throw in their commentary the fact that, according to an internet poll, ron paul is backed completely by conspiracy theorist anarchist loonies.

not that we are, 'cause we all know better than that. thats just how cynical i am towards the msm.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In commanding fashion, and as everyone expected, Ron Paul won the first-ever ATS Republican Straw poll with a staggering 83.2% of the 17,783 votes (12,865 from non-members) received in 48 hours. From a purely statistical standpoint, as far as the members and visitors of ATS are concerned, no other candidate matters. But while the candidate poll results may not be a surprise for regular visitors of ATS, the follow-up questions regarding the reasons for the various choices make for some compelling comparisons and perhaps some productive contemplation... or at least we can hope.

Results below:

edit on 17-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Frankly, I don't know why anyone would be particularly excited or encouraged by these results but I am going to remind you that the Presidential Elections are rigged and if anyone thinks the powers will allow Ron Paul to rock their boat and turn back their plans for enslaving us,...well, your just dreaming but I will dream with yoyu, what the hell.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you are ignoring the facts of election days gone by.

HA! Is this the best Ron Paul's opposition can muster?

"He didn't win the other times, so obviously he won't ever win"

LMAO! What's the matter, Tinfoil, can't find the usual skeletons that other politicians usually have in their closet....like lies, unethical behavior, flip-flopping on issues, extra-marital affairs, questionable campaign contributions?

You've got a long road ahead of you this coming election year......MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

RON PAUL 2012

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by 27jd

Again, you're misunderstanding it. He doesn't believe in federal government getting involved in the arguments about banning prayer in schools, etc. As with most things, he will leave that to the states. If those states enact laws mandating prayer in schools, that may be against the Constitution and the federal government could maybe step in to stop it.

But when asked, Ron Paul, despite whether supporting civil liberty doesn't agree in the separation of Church and State as the founding fathers did.

The nation is already mostly divided into regions with different cultures, so more 'liberal' states would have more liberal laws, than say more 'conservative' states. As long as the states don't do anything constitutional, which steps on the rights of others, the federal government would stay out it.

Again, the constitutional insists that church and state be separate, which Ron Paul has disagreed with when asked, and possibly because of his own religious bias.

Don't you get the concept of civil liberty? That includes the rights of people with religious views, regardless how silly we feel it is.

Again, that is what the separation of church and state stands for. As Jefferson insisted; "a wall of separation" between church and state. And, of course, that entitles people to religious freedom, and freedom from religion.

I'm agnostic, and personally detest organized religion. But, I don't ever seek to try and push my views on others.

Agnosticism isn't a view, it isn't even a belief, you've got nothing to "push". Agnosticism means (without knowledge) - I'm agnostic too, and therefore atheistic towards man made religions, because they "don't know" either, thus I don't believe their claims.

Doesn't bother me if they pray, as long as they don't try to force me to. If we're gonna get along as a society, we need to either kill everybody who doesn't agree with us, or respect each other, and our personal freedoms.

Of course. And Ron Paul disagrees with the notion that Separation of Church from State; a clause that allows for religious freedom, stops theocracies (like Iran), prevents the state from favouring a religion, but most importantly allows for freedom FROM religion.

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs.

Really Ron Paul? Really? Just how well do you know the constitution and the founding fathers?

Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies

Thomas Jefferson

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.

Thomas Paine

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.

Benjamin Franklin
edit on 17/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

Would you mind actually quoting the Constitution then? Maybe you would find that Jefferson, although he no doubt had strong feelings against religion, did not try to work these philosophies into constitutional law. The government SHOULD be agnostic; having nothing to push, as you said. Quoting a bunch of founders attacking religion only proves that they were willing to swallow their own egos for the sake of liberty. Jefferson was no atheist, he just saw the corruption of the religions of the world and their inherent hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
LOL, and CNN just said yesterday that he came in second place to....?? Hell, I don't even know her name (something) Bachman. It just goes to show you, every time news stations have those old, dried up prunes that come on and say "the American people want this or that", or "polls say that the American people want" or "the American people are saying....." The truth is here. They have absolutely NO CLUE what the American people want and their polls are made up lies. How do I know? 2 reasons.

1) We have just proven it right here with a poll from REAL people (not paid government ass kissers)
2) If they knew so much about what the American people are saying or what they really need or want....if they were really listening to the American people......WE WOULDN'T BE IN THE SHAPE WE ARE IN RIGHT NOW!

I think the MSM and all of those idiot bimbo newscasters that they have on there are nothing more than just eye candy for men......illusions of empowerment for women, who have an opinion for everyone, no one cares and men don't even hear what they say anyway because they are too busy underessing them with their eyes. Overall, these bimbo newcasters on CNN are nothing more than just air-headed, brainwashed mannequins slinging opinions when they should really just deliver the news in the world and then shut their mouths because no one cares what their personal opinions are. It is the news.....if you want to sling your opinions, you would be wise to come to a forum like ATS. Here is where you will get the real news that is unbiased and untainted by hot looking, plastic puppets.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not that this matters, but on the front page annoucement, he looks either like Wolverine's father in the photo, or Elmer Fudd in the corresponding artistic characature of Ron Paul. Either way, makes him more, not less electable, imo.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Not that this matters, but on the front page annoucement, he looks either like Wolverine's father in the photo, or Elmer Fudd in the corresponding artistic characature of Ron Paul. Either way, makes him more, not less electable, imo.

It's probably just SO exercising his rights to free speech on his own website.

Come on SO, we know you don't like RP, but no need to be a spoil sport about it and find the worse pictures of him.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I sure like the idea of a Ron Paul Presidency cutting the military budget in HALF while ending all wars and overextending expenses.

His run for Presidency ought to be cast in the frame of a quiet REVOLUTION, because it's nothing less than that, and you pick up the whole spectrum of the Republican opposition to Obama in the process, the whole thing, because the people are prepared to throw Obama out, they're just not happy with his efforts for some reason or no reason at all.

Ron Paul - he's light a forefather of the USA in the flesh, literally, or the only remaining remnant of those ideals.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NightGypsy

I sure like the idea of a Ron Paul Presidency cutting the military budget in HALF while ending all wars and overextending expenses.

His run for Presidency ought to be cast in the frame of a quiet REVOLUTION, because it's nothing less than that, and you pick up the whole spectrum of the Republican opposition to Obama in the process, the whole thing, because the people are prepared to throw Obama out, they're just not happy with his efforts for some reason or no reason at all.

Ron Paul - he's light a forefather of the USA in the flesh, literally, or the only remaining remnant of those ideals.

vey nice,,

and if i might add,,
exactly what scares America ,, it's what they understand too be true,
don't want too see
Because they would have too admit
that they had been
decieved,
and everyone knows,,
American Can't Be Decieved.
that they are actually,,
not free.
,look at your lives,,,
and sometimes not brave,
,look at Congress,,
But you are Americans,,
now if you can only ,,remember,,, what you once where,,,
before,,???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Sorry, somehow I missed this post before...

Do you have a quote, or a link to reference when he said this? Sometimes he goes too far into his personal opinions, which often are not indicative of his actual policy. I can't really address the rest of the post without that, I would like to see the context.

You probably mean this quote...

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life. The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation’s history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war."

He said rigid separation. Quite different than saying he doesn't agree with it at all. I believe his point is, things have been taken all the way to the other side of the spectrum, where any mention of religion in the government sends people into a tizzy.

Now, that's his personal opinion and it's no secret that he's a deeply religious man. I don't agree 100% with everything he says, but he's still BY FAR better than the Establishment liars. It's also very clear where he stands on personal liberty for all, religious or not.

Here's some of the legislation he's passed regarding religion...

In 2005, Paul introduced the We the People Act, which would have removed "any claim involving the laws, regulations, or policies of any State or unit of local government relating to the free exercise or establishment of religion" from the jurisdiction of federal courts.[143] If made law, this provision would purportedly permit state, county, and local governments to decide whether to allow displays of religious text and imagery and whether to ban atheists from public office, but would not interfere with the application of relevant federal law.

Paul has sponsored a constitutional amendment which would allow students to pray privately in public schools, but would not allow anyone to be forced to pray against their will or allow the state to compose any type of prayer or officially sanction any prayer to be said in schools.
en.wikipedia.org...

It really doesn't appear he would ever allow the federal government to force religion on anybody. In regards to social issues and personal freedoms, he wants to keep the federal government out of our lives.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Te I think the MSM and all of those idiot bimbo newscasters that they have on there are nothing more than just eye candy for men......illusions of empowerment for women, who have an opinion for everyone, no one cares and men don't even hear what they say anyway because they are too busy underessing them with their eyes. Overall, these bimbo newcasters on CNN are nothing more than just air-headed, brainwashed mannequins slinging opinions when they should really just deliver the news in the world and then shut their mouths because no one cares what their personal opinions are. xt

LMAO! Another ATS member who doesn't mince words!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Lol this is ridiculous, find me where he won the presidency hahaha. It doesn't matter if he said them, his silence was taken as acceptance.

LOL....Yeah, it's ridiculous, all right.....ridiculous that you can make statements and then not feel the need to back them up.

"Find me where he won the presidency?"

Keep your eyes peeled in 2012, my friend. It would be best for you to save your "hahaha's" and your "LOL's," lest they will come back to bite you.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join