It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leopold the Kind( We all Forget the Congo?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Below is a link posted with the intention of reminding us all of the barbarity of King Leopolds reign in the Congo.
It is almost to terrible to believe.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I profusely apologisefor not noticing I hadn't suppiled the link on this largely unknown /forgotten/ignored genocide on Africans..... by a European rabid /ignorant/ murderous sociopathic/phsycopathic regime.
www.hawaii.edu...

Basically ten million were brutalised hacked raped tortured murdered.
Mainly for trade purposes.
We talk about holocausts, these people were in hell and it was continued even after the revelations of the initial crimes against humanity.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Dr Expired because: spacing of letters due to slow CPU?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The real Etnic Black African Holocaust will I guess be ignored forever?
No Hollywood movie deals / or political gain to be found digging the facts of ten million butchered and raped.
Children having their hand shacked off for not keeping up with the work quotas imposed by good King Leopold.
See the pictures no you don't want to see the pictures, now I understand African aggression to the west.
If you want to deny ignorance google.bing, use any search engine and ask about the congo genocide by the Belgians.
Or is this too real?
We have acted liked animals (worse) much worse us so called enlightened christian/judean civilised towards the Africans.
No memorials no aplogies, no Hollywood movies that detail the atrocities, just ignorance and ignoring.
Thousands of amputated hands can you see them? in your dreams your nightmares?
A1 historical disgrace.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Sorry folks I guess 10....Ten.....TEN....million dead . with children having their hands hacked off for quota purposes....and millions of women raped and executed...somehow is not even worth mentioning , perhaps beacause most of the potential readers are ?
I dinnee nee et all

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Let it run man.
Ten million dead black people, with kids hands hacked off by axes....nah no on here on ATS is going to believe that .
They think you are trolling man.
They seriously do not care.?
Let it lay...ten million butchered and raped, amputated.
Yeah let it rest man....wrong religion.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here is another informative link, it requires earnest reading to appreciate the horrors inflicted on approx ten million human beings in the Congo.
I encourage that this forgotten barbarity be remembered.
Else ten million died as the lowest creature crawling on their bellies , cursed ...no worse forgotten.

www.moreorless.au.com...
edit on 24-8-2011 by Dr Expired because: forgot link

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this, it is something I read about before, but there is not much information. I appreciate your efforts.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I remember reading about the fact that this whole "Congo Free State" as it was called (insane name for a slave state!!) was the Personal Property of the Belgian King Leopold. Not the nation's property...his own, personal property. Think about that for a minute, how crazy that is..that's like what, bigger than all of france for sure and probably even bigger right? What a vicious psychopathic move. The climate of unreality the royals must have been living in...detachment from reality...I've heard some other bad things about the Belgian royals but I guess that's a different topic. Anyway, have they ever really admitted it or aplogized or anything?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ya people don't want to hear nothing that would ruin there coffee and the daily reality.

Can you really blame them though, life is so much easier and pleasant when your oblivious to some of the bad things that go on around the world. And what did they all really expect when they make people who have never known any hardships in life or anything about life and the daily grind, and live in a whole different world on the backs of others, this king most likely thought he was doing them a service no doubt.

So like when will people get the meaning of these words, will it be in a few years, a few hundred or a few hundred thousands of years. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" No matter who you are or how wise or kind or benevolent sooner or latter power will corrupt you, it is its very nature.

And so why complain to the gods or Jesus when they make power structures, and then put those power structures into the hands of psychos, reptilians and fools, and when those power structures grow and spreed to places were they can run rampant what do you all think will happen. This Leopold is not the only one or even most current who have taken advantage of those who were less in the know, or had no clue what so ever about things like the rules of the earth/ecology and of the way the universe works and how some things will always lead to the same end if you let them, and most of all human nature, and the nature of the will to power.

But truly it is as above and so bellow, and mud usually sits on the throne, and the throne usually sits on mud, and they all clamber to be the next one to sit on the throne by any means necessary.

Basically they get what they deserve. And those who don't deserve it are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for making this thread. It is sad, that this doesn't get any attention or interest.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I remember reading about the fact that this whole "Congo Free State" as it was called (insane name for a slave state!!) was the Personal Property of the Belgian King Leopold. Not the nation's property...his own, personal property. Think about that for a minute, how crazy that is..that's like what, bigger than all of france for sure and probably even bigger right? What a vicious psychopathic move. The climate of unreality the royals must have been living in...detachment from reality...I've heard some other bad things about the Belgian royals but I guess that's a different topic. Anyway, have they ever really admitted it or aplogized or anything?

Yes ...the most evil thing is , they thought there was nothing to aplogise for, the black congans were not human as far as they were concerned, just savages, like working dogs(who would never have been treated as bad.)

Here is perhaps the best link I have no affiliation with this literary company, it is after serching just a very good informative and thorough link.
www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
Thank you for making this thread. It is sad, that this doesn't get any attention or interest.

Agree with you, it'll happen again ,and has happened because the weak are deemed inferior and expendable.
Rwanda, Poland, Russia, Germany,Mexico, ect ect.

Some of the sheer mongrel acts perpertrated against the Congolese women and Children should be known by anyone over 18 years old, and only then if they aren't fragile, the descriptions and bastard acrs against kids is just well unbelievablly sad.
People fret about the Alien threats ect, the real Hell hounds are in power on Earth, ready to tear the hearts out of Heaven.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yes its one of the more horrible moments of our so called Civilized stage. It's been swept under the rug, because A.) It happened to Africans and B.) It was perpetuated by White Europeans who don't want to admit what beasts they were to their fellow man, so it barely gets a mention in the History books.

Look how messed up that area of Africa has been since......it has the second lowest GDP per capita of all countries, but has some of the richest mineral resources of any country. The whole area has never recovered from the ordeal the Belgians put them through. The Congo should be one of the good stories of Africa, considering it's natural resources, yet it is one of the most tragic.

new topics

top topics

join