It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash Mob Robbery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Police are trying to identify members of a flash mob involved in a brazen crime caught on tape in Montgomery County. The surveillance video obtained by NBC Washington shows a flash mob virtually taking over a 7-Eleven in Germantown, Md., at about 1:45 a.m. Saturday. Mohammad Jebanzeb, the store owner's son, told NBC Washington almost three dozen young people walked in grabbed candy, sodas, ice cream and other items, and then walked out without paying after about a minute.

I am so sick of hearing about these 'flash mobs'. Businesses are going to have to start setting limits on the amount of customers allowed in the store at any one time. Where I live they already do that with students. 2 students allowed in at a time, no backpacks. Seems to have helped a ton.

Link

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I agree that 2 students stuff works in those times but don`t see them paying that store rule much attention here with the flash mobs.
It`s just a store policy if you will yet taking stuff without paying is a crime and that doesn`t stop them.

Not covering their faces should get them caught. And of course curfews would would work.
Jail time is a must to deter such crimes and heavy community service would keep them busy and out of trouble.

and rig the store doors with pepper spray.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Connman because: corrected two words or to and, spay to spray

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is going to end badly. You better believe if it was my store, I'd protect my property by any means necessary. And sooner or later, some store owner will adopt that policy. I'd say he was doing the right thing but I gaurantee you the media will portray the thugs as victims and the store owner as a bad guy.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This feels like a growing trend.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

I think it definitely is. Makes me wonder how businesses are going to start protecting themselves. Little stores live on razors edge and this kind of crap could bankrupt them. Time to get out the baseball bats and shotguns IMO.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Would there be a way to set up a camera to photograph everyone that comes in with a time stamp?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Maybe could rig up a lock-down system to bar the doors and windows until the police get there.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lets see here:

-"flash mob"
-"teen mob"

I'm going to take a wild guess they were all black? The media doesnt like reporting facts like that. so they tend to cover it up with phrases like the ones above.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm gonna agree with you there...done...and done....

It took the local cops here in South Salt Lake six months to get around to clearing out a meth dealer from our neighborhood. They acted only AFTER I finally chased his fat ass back into his house and threatened to obliterate him and his tweakerposse. I am well armed because I know that the police will only come and take notes after the fact. I am in no mood to become a statistic. This kind of thing, like the state fair incident in which white people were targeted for skin color, is going to increase. Be ready or be sorry....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Well of COURSE they were all black. Every time you hear about something like this it's going to be black people. It is annoying that the news won't admit to this. Flash mob... lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
While the perpetrators tend to be black, and I agree that should be reported, it is called a "flash mob" because apparently they use social media to coordinate their criminal actions. I don't think it is incidental they are black but let's avoid letting this become all about race. It is a phenomena of teens who really have no prospects and they are beginning to lash out. As a former small business owner, I very much support the right of someone to protect their business and their property. However, let's not play into the hands of "the government needs to crack down on social media to stop these black thugs."
It's probably better to avoid the racial issue and just say, theft is theft and will be stopped.
They need to learn proper respect for private property, not be a gateway to shut down all our privacy/internet rights.

Per the state fair thing, people need to stand up for themselves. You can bet your behind that in a Louisiana fair, nobody - white or black -would've put up with that nonsense without a proper fight.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

You may be right. I know why it's called a flash mob, just irritates me that the media has stolen that term (which used to have positive connotations) and appropriated it for use when teens use social media to perpetrate a crime.

I'm tired of being PC about this stuff honestly. If it were Whites Asians or Hispanics I'd be calling them out too. This seems problem seems to be exclusively BLACK though.

new topics

top topics

join