It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron lashes out against human rights; cracks down on public's behaviour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
British P.M says rights helped lead to U.K riots
David Cameron has lashed out against the European Convention on Human Rights in the wake of the London riots.
His rhetoric, to me, seems to be very authoritarian...and what can he do in this situation OTHER than tackle the behavioural problems of a particular demographic, whereby affecting the general public as well. He promises to crack down on Britain's 120,000 most troubled families. This exact promise has been used in other countries (including my own - Australia) to try and institute massive electronic "supervision". It has failed before, but with the riots still fresh in everyone's minds, will the British people just agree to this like they agreed to all the CCTV cameras in London in the first place?
edit on 15-8-2011 by SuperZepto because: Made the link work

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That is a bad sign.

If he wants to dump human rights, then he can pull out of the EU and EEA because that is a requirement to enter the union, that is why Turkey had to realign its laws to even get their foot near the door.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The British crackdown is only just beginning.

What's so prophetic to me is that many doomsday scenario movies seem to be based in Britain rather than in the USA or other societies.

This could be the beginning of a big clamp down on what many see as "human rights" but are in fact simply misguided entitlements that people shouldn't have in the first place.

I firmly believe that the "me generation" is about to come crashing to a halt in the UK, and I won't be surprised to see that whatever committee that is setup in order to investigate the UK riots will recommend the issuing of sidearms to all police officers in the UK.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cameron has to go.

It's no coincidence, imo, that there were calls for his resignation because of his entanglement with the Murdochs and their crimes. The riots were too coincidental in their timing and severity....they distracted attention away fro Cameron, re-directed the public's anger towards the rioters and gave him an excuse to crack down on human liberties more than ever.

This man is a real danger to the country and we have to find a way to take him down and get him out.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is a fantastic series of videos about our relationship to the Government and their Statutes.

I can't encourage people enough to watch them. They contain a wealth of invaluable information about who we really are. We have forgotten this - and so has our government.

What this man explains so well is brilliant and a real paradigm changer...
this is how we can fight back, peacefully and legally - and effectively ... and we need to do it now, before its too late.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
British P.M says rights helped lead to U.K riots
David Cameron has lashed out against the European Convention on Human Rights in the wake of the London riots.
His rhetoric, to me, seems to be very authoritarian...and what can he do in this situation OTHER than tackle the behavioural problems of a particular demographic, whereby affecting the general public as well. He promises to crack down on Britain's 120,000 most troubled families. This exact promise has been used in other countries (including my own - Australia) to try and institute massive electronic "supervision". It has failed before, but with the riots still fresh in everyone's minds, will the British people just agree to this like they agreed to all the CCTV cameras in London in the first place?
edit on 15-8-2011 by SuperZepto because: Made the link work

i'd like to read a verbatim of what DC stated as opposed to the heavily excerpted link. i know this is typical MSM reporting but that article was so full of quotations i had to wonder how much of the context, meaning and what was said was left out.

SuperZepto i'm confused by your mention of "will the British people just agree to this like they agreed to all the CCTV cameras in London in the first place?"

were our Brit friends permitted a vote by their governing body allowing them to choose whether or not these CCTV cameras were installed?

an aside: i read online that in america over 55,000,000 (yes - fifty five Million + ) security cameras are already in use. of course, most of these are on private property, in places of business, employment and the like. still - 55,000,000 - just, wow! i've been here in the states from birth, and i don't recall the citizens ever getting an opportunity to vote on those CCTV cameras.

looking forward to reading about this British CCTV vote, i'm interested.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Although I am rather detached from the situation, I have a lot of family over there whose opinions were indeed counted towards the installation of CCTV across the country. Of course, at the time it was presented as an efficient and beneficial crime prevention tool, and I assume that is what the public were told when the microphones were brought in too.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is always a fine balance between what is right and what is wrong, human rights were pretty bad in the past but the modern drive has given people too much power. The fact is humans live in a coloney society much like ants and that society only funcitions if everybody does there designated job. Unfortunately human rights and political correctness has left the ,odern kid with the outlook of everything that they do can have no punishment that they will be scared of and that they are entitled to a good life regardless of their contribution to society. They have lost all respect.

The human rights rules need to be changed so that kids can still be punished with that they are scared of. My old man would give me a right tanned arse if I did anything especially bad and I think I only ever did once. So many times I didn't do what I was tempted to do because of fear of my parents. I'd like to say that I have grown up to be a functional and respectful part of society, thanks mum and Dad

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As above, so below.

There are a lot of lower class social issues that do need attention and resources. There is also a lot of corruption, misdeeds and limited liability in the government and corporate world that needs addressing as well. When leadership works the social order is cohesive, when leadership fails the social order is anarchy.

With the recent speech he gave in parliament about this issue it sounded like he was actually taking about the government except for a few small references to the 'rioters'. This reference could have been replaced with government and business leaders to make a lot of sense and address the real cause of the issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Cameron is partly right, even though I have to believe the riots were staged or induced in order to create the desired police state conditions.

The profound thing to realize is that freedom is proportional to your moral restraint. A God fearing moral society needs no laws whatsoever, since the laws of God are written on their heart. By contrast, a self serving pleasure mad, immoral society needs the iron boot of an overpowered state in order to gain any semblance of peace or normalcy.

We are now seeing the fruits of a deliberate policy of creating poverty and destroying the fear of God and any moral restraints. America's founding fathers were keenly aware of this relationship and wrote about it. The next few years will not be pleasant.
edit on 18-8-2011 by SevenThunders because: (no reason given)

top topics

join