It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Considering New Federal Agency,,, The Department of Jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
HELL he should just put "EVERYONE" on the payroll and then we wont have to worry about having a job

I could see having a nice cush gooberment job, cant you???

We could change the name of the country to United States of Goobers

I still don't understand why it wasn't called the "United States of Vespucci"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Uhhh...did you read your OP?

The administration may also merge the Department of Commerce, the Office of the United States Trade Representative and some economic divisions at the State Department into a new agency, administration officials said.

As in shrinking, not growing government....as well as giving them a dictate to focus on Job Creation.

Sounds good to me, unless you are for growing government and high unemployment?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

So the first order of buiness of the Dept. of Jobs, is going to be firing people?

This is comic gold!

Not only is this proving how redundant government departments are, the Jobs Department is going to FIRE PEOPLE!!!

*ROTFLMAO!*
I couldn't make this stuff up!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Uhhh...did you read your OP?

The administration may also merge the Department of Commerce, the Office of the United States Trade Representative and some economic divisions at the State Department into a new agency, administration officials said.

As in shrinking, not growing government....as well as giving them a dictate to focus on Job Creation.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

So the first order of business of the Dept. of Jobs, is going to be firing people?

This is comic gold!

Not only is this proving how redundant government departments are, the Jobs Department is going to FIRE PEOPLE!!!

*ROTFLMAO!*
I couldn't make this stuff up!

I most certainly have to give you a star for this....

Now we know who will be working...anybody that works for Big Brother will be working...Government does have a sense of humour, eh?

Combining three units into one unit does not downsize....it just makes one bigger unit with room for everyone!

So...if we ain't workin' for 'em....we ain't going to be workin'....and workin' for 'em is like a shell game...we just keep moving the pea around thinkin' we are doing something when in reality...we're really doing nothin'...

I just can't quit laughing....afraid if I do I may cry...

edit on 15-8-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Just think of all the jobs he will be creating out of thin air by creating a new, bloated, government bureaucracy! He can staff it with political supporters from ACORN and employ 10,000 people overnight.

I have just changed my mind about Obama. I take back everything negative I've ever said. He is TRULY a man of the people, a man of intelligence and compassion, a man who respects us lowly feeders and breeders, and a man who is worthy of our veneration.

I thought you were trying to butter him up so you could ask him for one of those high paying gubment bureaucracy type jobs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f9a70539e94.gif[/atsimg]

The first thing I thought when I read the headline; Well, he's gonna provide lots of gubment job for all his cronies in this new department at least.

edit on 8/15/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Every person employed by the government is paid with taxes. The government, whether local, state, or federal, doesn't create jobs, it only creates taxes.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
The government, whether local, state, or federal, doesn't create jobs, it only creates taxes.

/TOA

Does anyone think anymore?

Does everyone simply start with an Left or Right talking point that has been hammered into thier heads and then contort their logic to fit?

OK....So government does not create jobs...so the high unemployment rate is not President Obama's or the GOP Cogress's responsibility?

Government only creates taxes? The taxes that pay for Roads? Police? Firemen?

Farmers do not create corn. They till the soil, fertilize the ground and plant the seed. God or nature creates the corn. The farmer then protects the corn from disease and pests.

Ditto government. They do not "create" jobs. They are responsible for creating a climate where capitalism creates jobs and regulating that climate to prevent the crisis's we have had during lack of regulation.

Gov. is responsible for creating the fertile ground (economic climate) for job creation. Government is responsible for planting seeds - grants and iniatitives to businesses. Government is responsible for making sure that there is no malicious or criminal activity in the economic landscape regulation - (disease leading to crisis).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Government is responsible for making sure that there is no malicious or criminal activity in the economic landscape regulation -

There^^^^^^^^^ THAT is the problem.

Malicious or criminal activity? Naah....we don't have any of that!! Nope. Not here in the land of the...um...the..
well, here. ... or in any other place. Doesn't happen. All fairy tales to scare kids into behaving.
/sarc

I read these posts, these threads, and members saying vote for this candidate or that candidate...or else this awfuller thing will happen
when we supposedly all know that they ALL are puppets. Bought, sold, bags of hot air. What difference does it make who the public wants to be in charge? None. None at all.

Even if a decent person gets elected (despite MSM ignoring him) by popular vote, they won't be put into office without the approval of the MALICIOUS CRIMINALS who are running this global show.

At least, that's what I've come to think is going on since finding ATS and reading alt news sites and global news day in and day out.

So, which is it?

We DO have a voice? A vote? We have hope and freedom and a bright, peaceful, future of just and plenty to look forward to?

Or don't we? Department of Jobs, eh. ...more bureaucratic red tape. At the speed of government it would take an entire pres term to rearrange all those chairs. And they'd have to have six or seven "committees" to discuss how it would be done before they could even start. And that means more meetings to attend for the 535 puppets, and hearings, and blah blah and yap yap....yawn....and meanwhile, I don't have a job. Neither does my husband. And we WANT to work.

It's only been 150 years since the Civil War. Two lifetimes.

When will we reach critical mass and it all blows up??

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
the 4 B's: Beans, Bullets, Bullion & Band-Aids.

Keep a 3-4 month stock of dry goods (ramen noodles, beans, tuna and vitamins will get you a long way). Make sure you have enough drinking water for 1 month. That's a LOT of water. 1 gal/day/person. We have a water cooler and have 40 gallons (5 gal jugs, refillable for $0.48/gal at Safeway) on hand at any given time.

We keep enough ammo on hand. Not going to go into the numbers, but we have long rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Gotta hunt once those beans and tuna runs out.

if the dollar goes worthless, you want gold or silver. it's simple.

Medical supplies are very very important. You need everything and a lot of it. anti-bacterial (neo-sporin, etc), bandages, aspirin... you get the idea.

Oh. And 3 or 4 rolls of duct tape. Trust me

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Yup, we're stockpiling all of the Bs. And the other stuff, too.
One more thing -- buy a couple of books on natural medicine, guides to medicinal and edible plants, and learn what edible things are on your own property or in common areas nearby.
And I don't mean an online resource -- unless you want to print out the info. Get a BOOK. Get several books. We who have BOOKS will have the info when it all goes to poop.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Give the gent a break - he's grasping for straws at this point.

A few days ago he's comparing himself to Martin Luther King. Two days ago he refers to the opposition towards him to that given to Lincolin and then yesterday he pulls this entire Charlie Brown immitation. "I had things turned around and then we had some bad luck"

Pathetic. He has 2.5 years of failed policy and he's blaming a natural disaster and a regional uprising - an uprising that he actually claimed credit for when it began for the failures of his policy..

Now its time for another misguided expanse of government. He's nothing but consistent. Yesterday he gave this speach about how he knows that the American people love their government. They hate politics but know that government is a good thing - a friend of the people. Of course after that he trumps out the example of the fireman, always a last resort for the defender of government. How about he brings up one of the three layers of redundant management in a public employee union. "I know you know the value of government. I know that you understand the value that the Associate Assistant Director of Preschool Toy Diversity at the Department of Education brings to your community". Nope - he brings up the gent who hauls your can out of a burning building - a gent whos salary is paid for with local taxes.

Maybe the Carp Czar he appointed last year has some free time to work on jobs.

He could always move to a model where we conduct the census every year and can hire and fire folks 3-4 times and record them as three different hires like he did last year.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

nope never gonna give him a break heard on the news today that one of "those companies"

who received "Stimulus" funds have now declared bankruptcy and now are exporting all those jobs to china.

green jobs funny term "green jobs" making cash for someone else at taxpayer expense and on the taxpayer dime.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well considering that Obama hasn't ever held a real job in his life and believes in the full faith and power of government being the answer to all problems it doesn't surprise me he wants to spend more money that we don't have to create more government jobs that costs money that we don't have.

Where's that "Short Bus" video at, as I'm sure hes the one that slipped through the cracks.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Indigo5

Guess people are going to ignore your valid point just like they ignored what the article really said.

The article siad they are thinking of MERGING 3 different economics departments into one.

Page two on the thread and your post gets more true with every post.

Someone should tell the GOP that they are growing government, not shrinking it!

the Republican plan suggests merging 43 agencies into 11 agencies, the departments of Transportation and Public Works would become a new Department of Transportation and Infrastructure, and a new Department of Human Services would scoop up various agencies including the departments of Public Health, Social Services, Mental Health, and Children and Families.

www.crncontent.com...

Carry on with the crazy train though...It's like a study in the psychology of extremist idealogues and their inability to think rationally...can I coin the phrase "Politically Grounded Idealogical Paranoia and Psychosis"?

Yes..Yes...the GOP must be secret democrats for suggesting the merger of government agencies...which will actually grow government through some malicious magic. Just....keep...clinging...to...that...idealogy...depite all rational thinking. If you feel weak, just turn on Rush Limbaugh. He will straighten you out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join