It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have memories before birth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I always wondered this question. Medical science says that the human brain doesnt develope well enough in the womb to promote memory. I do not believe this is true. When i was 3 years old, i started telling my mother about God and heaven. About how he talked with me and my brother while in a garden, and the tree of life was nearby. I told Yeshua (Jesus) that i wanted to come here to be his warrior and to bring glory to his name. He told me that "if you chose to come here, there is a great chance you could lose your soul and be unable to return here", but i did not know the trials of this world, however i did not back down. Then another spirit came to us and volunteered with me and said we would go by 2 so that neither one of us would be alone, and we would carry eachother when we needed it. The day of my birth came, the doctor said from visits previously that she was only carrying one. So the time came when i was born, except i wasnt first. My brother was first and the doctor thought he was the only one and my mother thought it was over. Well five minutes later she started into labor again and behold a second son was born, one that the ultrasound didnt even see.

Now i was 3 years old when i told my mother this story, i was talking at the age of 2, i had never been to church and i had never been read any bible stories or been told of God at that age. It has always been a curiosity of mine. How did i know about Jesus at that time when no one ever told me? How did i remember him? Surely when he said he knew me before i was ever born, that it could mean it literally?

Has anyone else had an experience like this, where its like a clear memory of an even that happened? Is it possible that as toddlers or infants we could have access to knowledge we forget as we get older and are either taught to forget or to think they were just dreams? Could this account for children being able to see and talk to spirits and angels and see them when an adult is standing in the same room and sees nothing?
edit on 15-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have a recollection of being excited to "come back" to this plane of existence. Once I thought how much fun it would be I was here remembering how just a mere thought caused me to "come back".

Call me crazy...
I really don't care as I have been called worse.

I think this is why I am more of a Gnostic. Who knows...memory is a funny thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Contacts with a non-mundane level of existence are well-documented (though ofcourse not considered valid by hard science), in several contextual models (which are besides the point now).

As with all such 'anomalies' from standard western life, there's a range of both explanations and credibility.

I experimented some years with 'guided imagination' (as the 'guide') and have been a third-person spectator also. There's no end to what human fantasy can cook up, though I would count that out in your case.

Though a theist 'explanation' of such a situation is far from the only one, and far from the most credible one.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Reincarnation memories do appear to be reasonably common up to about age 3 or 4. After that they do start to fade but can still be accessed through meditation or hypnosis. It is hard to confirm the validity of a lot if this, but there are quite a few interesting and very strange stories around to indicate something is going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know it sounds weird, but I remember darkness. Its not like I don't have a memory. Its just a memory of darkness. Does that make any sense?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Great thread, TS. S &F for you. I remember some weird memories when I was younger. I remember something about angels and bright lights and pureness of God. It was like an angel gave me to my mother, I can vaguely remember something like that and my mother always called me her little angel. Strange. I also remember very distinctly being in a big city, while it was quite rainy and gloomy, and talking to an old woman about life. Yet, I've never been to a big city. Don't know.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
I know it sounds weird, but I remember darkness. Its not like I don't have a memory. Its just a memory of darkness. Does that make any sense?

See I remember complete lumination.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now a number of such experiences from those having a buddhist background and experiencing christian manifestations (and vice versa) would be significant.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I can vaguely remember talking about heaven when I was very young but I doubt I still have the original memories.
It might be like how people who keep a dream diary seem to have more dreams, but likely just develop a better ability to remember them. Talking about my memory back then created a new memory I can still access.

edit on 15-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
just thought i'd add this to your thread...

www.fox8.com...

Great story btw.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A white light at the end of a dark tunnel, it then goes fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Memories can be ambiguous. I thought that I was born with a pre-birth memory but I see now that what seemed real to me can lead down a road where you lose what you thought was special about oneself. I thought I remembered at birth and before when I thought I died in some other land where thousands of people were leaving to another country in the 60s. I thought I remembered dying in that country then floating above the world in a blue sphere then broke out of it traveling southwest then west into the center of the galaxy entering a black void and being reborn in another universe as a being of light. I thought I remembered after this traveling back to earth to be born saw and looked inside the window at an orbiting space capsule, then approaching the continent of the US, the entering the womb, and later a blue light where I remember losing memory but was aware I lost it then I began having dreams of white and black horses with a red setting sun to the west in a hilly terrain and eventually thought I gained the memory back after these dreams and thought I remember seeing hospital lights when I was born. I thought I remember trying to communicate with people then saw the Dalai lama on TV and couldn’t talk stating I knew him since this was before JFK in the summer of that year.

The thing is after the JFK assassination at 13 months, I remember deciding to forget because I thought those closest to him were responsible and I decided to forget. It wasn’t till I was 16 that these memories came back. This memory has plagued me my entire life and I am 51 now and it has got me nothing. I have not managed to be of any use because I have been too fixated on this memory. Perhaps I made the mistake of associating it with Tibetan Buddhism and should not have contact anyone, after that it all began to mean nothing. One can become too fixated on religion which by default separates others into categories of this and that building up walls with people. I guess we are all in this together and should help by trying to understand others because we have a natural propensity to look at things from our limited perspective since we are all bias.

top topics

join