It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Prophecy of All Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

You seem to be implying that I don't know what Jesus taught, I can only say your wrong. And what does the Law of Moses have to do with this prophecy? Jesus did not teach any of the things you are pointing out

I wasn't implying anything, mearly asking "closed ended" questions. Im not sure what you know about Jesus, thats what im trying to find out.

You said "let the scriptures speak for themselves"... So i provided you with some scripture...

Either way can you answer my question or no...?

And what is the question? I thought I already answered it, but I guess not.
edit on 15-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great Post! Its also amazing to look at the emergence of Christianity immed after Jesus was resurrected from the dead. You have the most stubborn people in the world, Jews, converting to Christianity in a "news flash" (as Lee Strobel would say). The length of conversion was too short to be called a myth and shows the Jews had some type of evidence that Jesus was Christ. Fast forward to today and you have the biggest belief system in the world- Jesus is Lord

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No you didn't, you said "let scripture speak for itself"... and we know where that went.

2 questions actually....

So what is it that Christ wants us to believe?

Try to answer this using your own words...

Why does a belief in a "name" = Eternal life?

edit on 15-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No you didn't, you said "let scripture speak for itself"... and we know where that went.

2 questions actually....

Belief in a word does not = Eternal life. But knowing God and existing in Reality does. That is the true translation. But i understand people's desire to pick apart semantic misunderstandings. I'm pretty sure Jesus was the number 1 dude who made it clear how eternal life is lived. People with ears hear and the rest argue about the words.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
"Let Scripture speak for itself"

This is not true. Nor does God the Holy Spirit guide each person into their own interpretation of Scripture.

Look at the fruit.

You need an authority to interpret Scripture.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

2 questions actually....

Then we are back to where we started. I have already given this answer and stand behind it.

"for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

and just for a little more clarification:

"9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11

There is no need for me to make up an interpretation to satisfy my own belief because the answer has already been written. You can either accept it or reject it, the choice is yours.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Matthew 24:14

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

How was Jesus, who some say was just an ordinary man, able to make such an accurate prediction? What made him think that his message would really reach that far. It would be different if he said the message would spread throughout their land, but Jesus made the claim that the message would be heard world wide and to all nations. That's a pretty bold prediction for those days.

As we can see today with our own eyes the message of Jesus is still being spread all over the world, he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen. Regardless of what your thoughts are about Jesus I don't think anyone can over look this prophecy, the mere fact that this prophecy is being played out right before our eyes says alot about Jesus and the message he was spreading at the time.

IMO this is The Greatest Prophecy of All Time.

Except it isn't the message of Jesus that has been preached around the world - it is the dogma of this church or that church, and they are not the same thing. I'm not going to pick on any one church - most of them have it all a bit bent out of shape one way or another, but the teaching of some barely resemble the gospels atall. Why was there such a resistance to having the Bible translated into the common languages of the people back before the Reformation? Because the people would then be able to see for themselves how little their religion resembled what was originally taught. They would see that the emporer had indeed, no clothes..

Just thought I'd mention that I have no stake in this btw - I'm not a Christian.

peace
J

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don't mind giving my own interpretations but I try to avoid that because the scriptures speak for themselves if you study hard enough. Giving my own interpretations opens the door for scrutiny so it is better to let the scriptures speak for themselves.

I am just like you when it comes to the Bible and other Religions. I tend to believe ME, based on MY understanding. I take others words for it If I find them credible. We all have our own interpretation of the Word. I like it that way.

I can honestly say I do not read scriptures other people post. It is not credible to me unless I see the full passage and then am able to interpret it the way I see fit. In other words, by using your own words I can relate to you better than reading a scripture. I can remember the scripture and then remember my interpretation of it and be off and or think you are off as far as I am concerned. Make sense?

I too am like the other poster....I would rather read your words than a scripture for I read them in my own time with my own understanding. NOW....if we were talking scripture only would be a whole other thread and one I would be interested in.
At that time I would have my Bible out and we could have a little debating Bible study.

For this reason I actually try not to quote scripture....but hey...to each his own. If you like it better that way...by all means do what works for you.

For the ones who joke about the Word being taught all over the Globe....

I think the Word has been preached all over the world. There are people all over the world preaching....believe me! If you do not want to take my word for it research the Countries still left to be preached to. You will probably find they are the ones where no other men have gone before for one reason or another. Missionaries lose their life preaching the Gospels. They love going all over the Globe! I know many and although I look up to them...I do not see how they do it. I would be scared to death to go into a hostile environment.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Muhammad predicted skyscrapers, and musical instruments in every home, and a whole list of other things.
He also predicted the end would happen in our lifetime, but he gave hundreds of signs to look for. All but one has occurred, and I think it's possible even that one has occurred.

Jesus' "prophecies" and teachings sound great when your head is buried in the sand. EVERYTHING Jesus taught was taught by countless others before him, I know of 10 off the top of my head. And I'm not saying Muhammad came before Jesus, don't try to put words in my mouth, I used completely different paragraphs.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Flagged and Starred

How could Christ have been so confident, that the gospel would be spread through out the world, as it undeniably
has been thus spread ? I think it's a mistake to say that it hasn't, because of a few, out of the way villages, in the Amazon or Borneo or Africa that really can't even be considered apart of the world as we know it. Who can say how God may deal with them separatly ? Maybe they are part of the meek who will inheret the earth. No one has all the answers that can be asked by nitpicking naysayers. You yourself as you read this are either smart enough to know their must be a God or you arn't. Or you do and you deny because you hate. Jesus Christ is the real thing. The truth the life and the way. Accept it or divide yourself from it. The time of the gentiles is over. That leaves believers to tend to themselves, that being a big enough task in this day and age.
edit on 15-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I thought no one else than god know when the day will end?

Even not jesus know!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue
Is it a prophecy or a curse?

It is the only prophecy of old that is being fulfilled on a daily basis. It's not a curse, only blessings and eternal life for those who believe in it's message.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

2 questions actually....

Then we are back to where we started. I have already given this answer and stand behind it.

"for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

"9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11

There is no need for me to make up an interpretation to satisfy my own belief because the answer has already been written. You can either accept it or reject it, the choice is yours.

Im not asking you to make up an interpretation... His words are right there... Tell me what it means to "believe in his name" and how does said "belief in his name" Get you eternal life?

what you're saying is all you need to do is "believe in Jesus' name"... and you're granted "eternal life"

So its a free ticket situation for said belief? Or what?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
I thought no one else than god know when the day will end?

Even not jesus know!

True. Scripture nor prophecy gives the exact time because we would to the last minute to convert if we knew.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Maybe the problem is that you thought when you ought to know. The way to do that is to seek the truth for yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Flagged and Starred
How could Christ have been so confident, that the gospel would be spread through out the world, as it undeniably has been thus spread ? I think it's a mistake to say that it hasn't, because of a few, out of the way villages, in the Amazon or Borneo or Africa that really can't even be considered apart of the world as we know it. Who can say how God may deal with them separatly ? Maybe they are part of the meek who will inheret the earth. No one has all the answers that can be asked by nitpicking naysayers. You yourself as you read this are either smart enough to know their must be a God or you arn't. Or you do and you deny because you hate. Jesus Christ is the real thing. The truth the life and the way. Accept it or divide yourself from it. The time of the gentiles is over. That leaves believers to tend to themselves, that being a being a big enough task in this day and age.

Jesus didn't say the Gospel spread to every single soul, so the exceptions don't matter to confirm Scripture and He is God, so can see all of time.

God the Father will judge the "exceptions" mercifully, on their knowledge of the Truth.

Isn't it something, having the Internet...we can know...in an instant! Ah, but that gift of free will.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have a question for the OP.

After reading through the replies here, I wonder if you could explain to me how believing on Jesus and his name equals eternal life? Are you sure that's all it takes?

If that were the case, that you only had to believe, by faith, in him...then why did he give this warning?

Jesus warned,

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.(Matthew 7:13-14)

There are FEW who find it?

Few means a small number.

And also:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So you can call him "Lord" and believe in him, yet he will say he NEVER knew you.

I think there is a bit of conflict in what you say/preach.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

2 questions actually....

Im not asking you to make up an interpretation... His words are right there... Tell me what it means to "believe in his name" and how does said "belief in his name" Get you eternal life?

what you're saying is all you need to do is "believe in Jesus' name"... and you're granted "eternal life"

So its a free ticket situation for said belief? Or what?

I'll do my best to answer this question but please understand that it is my interpretation only and not scripture, so any rebuttal should not be proof that the scripture is false. I have already provided scriptural evidence.

I'm not saying that if you believe Jesus existed than that will get you a free ticket, if that was the case then all men would be saved. For even the devil believes in Jesus but that doesn't mean he is going to heaven.

For me, to believe in the name of Jesus means that you believe in his death and resurrection. That you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he is the way, the truth, and the life and that No One comes to the Father except through Jesus. To believe in the name of Jesus also means that you believe that Jesus is Lord and that he died for your sins, something that can only be said if you truly have the Holy Spirit. IMO if you don't believe these things then you will not be granted eternal life.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

After reading through the replies here, I wonder if you could explain to me how believing on Jesus and his name equals eternal life? Are you sure that's all it takes?

If that were the case, that you only had to believe, by faith, in him...then why did he give this warning?

Jesus warned,

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.(Matthew 7:13-14)

And also:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So you can call him "Lord" and believe in him, yet he will say he NEVER knew you.

I don't know exactly the OP's belief but here's a fact, "Faith Alone" is heresy. You can quote John 3:16, basing your eternal life on one verse ignoring the rest of the Gospel, that's no good. Our justification involves our lives lived not just having faith. With the help of God's grace we choose to follow Christ in our actions...our works.

James 2:17
So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:26
For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead.

James 2:22
Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect?

James 2:14
What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?

Apocalypse (Revelation) 2:19
I know thy works, and thy faith, and thy charity, and thy ministry, and thy patience, and thy last works which are more than the former.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Jesus warned,

And also:

It takes more than belief but belief is the main factor in order to get in. But Jesus also told us to follow his commandments. What are those commandments? There are alot which Jesus gave and I wont quote them all but in short we are commanded to put away all sins of the flesh and live a righteous life towards God. Here are a few examples:

20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” John 14:20-21

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. Matthew 5:21-30

Naturally you can't get into heaven if your life is full of sin. The verses you quoted are good and mean what they say. In reference to the ones that the Lord will say he never knew I believe is in reference to those who use the power of God for their own benefit, such as greedy preachers and false prophets.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join