It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costco Test Markets Sale of Caskets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The large super chain, Costco, has begun selling coffins at their retail centers. I shop at a Costco near me all the time, its good for buying things in bulk. I am not sure how I feel about seeing coffins in the aisle next to my milk, bread and orange juice...

At a Costco on Chicago's North Side, shoppers checking out the new casket kiosk Monday seemed to like the idea that the same store where they buy so many things for this life was branching into the after life.

"A casket at Costco, yeah, I think it's pretty bizarre," said Inga Barth, 53. She wondered about buying a casket with only a kiosk and small samples of the caskets' material to look over, though, saying, "When you go casket shopping, you want to see the whole thing."

Yahoo! News

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm not for positive, but I think that was posted a few days ago....I'll look and see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Not. No. Nyet. Blech. Icky. Nada.

I mean really, how crass. What, are we going back to viewing the body in people's houses, too? How many reputable funeral directors will want you buying you casket at Costco?
Maybe a new reality show, do-it-yourself-embalming-and-undertaking

Me, I want an urn

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Like everything else Costco sells, these caskets will probably be grossly oversized.

Is America ready for "family-sized" caskets?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm not for positive, but I think that was posted a few days ago....I'll look and see if I can find it.

Good luck buddy. I searched and didnt find it.
Keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Finally! A place I can buy my caskets in bulk quantities!

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Finally! A place I can buy my caskets in bulk quantities!

-koji K.

Maybe while they are at it, they should sell Automatic External Defribalators by thier food stands cause of thier greasy pizza

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
HMMM, so how is this supposed to work? You keep your loved one on ice while you make a quick run to Costco? Do you buy, in anticipation of death, and store it in your garage?
Personally, I prefer cremation. Fast, cheap and clean.
joey

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
HMMM, so how is this supposed to work? You keep your loved one on ice while you make a quick run to Costco? Do you buy, in anticipation of death, and store it in your garage?
Personally, I prefer cremation. Fast, cheap and clean.
joey

Im with you on the cremation better to let your loved ones remember you alive than as a plot in the ground.. According to the article they deliver in 48 hours. Most people are not buried that fast. So you could get it to the funeral home in time for the service. Funerals are expensive and alot of people can't afford them. This may put it in thier reach....

new topics

top topics

join