It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool UFO 1970s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is my first post so be gentle with me please.
I did a search and couldnt find this posted before.
This is about a sighting by multiple witnesses in Liverpool UK.
I personally think its all on the level.

www.slemen.com...

I remember being privileged to see a green fireball myself in the late 60's
while walking south along Fernhill Rd Bootle around 6pm-7pm ish.
I think it landed in Wales, part of a spacecraft, it was forecast in the media.
I was about13yrs old at the time. Ive always had an interest in astronomy and UFO's.

Thanks and Peace
JML

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That's a great sighting from Liverpool 70s. I don't recall reading about that one but I have read a lot of those old UFO paperbacks from 60s and 70s so it might have been in one of them. I like the dog barking, skin tingling part.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMeLiverpool

there was one over copy lane last night in bootle

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince1of2gold

I didnt here about that one but there is a bit more going on around
Merseyside than people think.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That's a new one on me and was worth a read.

I find it somewhat strange that it isn't more well known though. Any other reports on it?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

No more info at present.

But my daughter and her friend did see a very bright stationary light hovering over the East Lancs Rd, It was there for quite some time, that was around the year 2008 maybe sooner. from her point of view it looked to be stationary above St Helens. They where turning right into Croxteth just by the CarCraft showroom.

If you knew the area you would know it couldnt have been explainable.

JML
edit on 14-8-2011 by JustMeLiverpool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
From the description, it sounds like they saw something similar to this:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMeLiverpool

There's frequent police heli activity over the East Lancs and sometimes over St Helens. I think most of it's for stolen cars, but with crashes on the East Lancs and M58, that might account for it.

In the past few years there have been reports of the orange orbs and that type of UFO, but probability goes for Chinese lanterns. One UFO report that has stuck in my mind is from the early 60s. Witnesses reported a bright object crashing into the Liverpool Bay and the coast guard were called out. It was reported in the Echo that the Coast Guard found nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I live in St Helens and I've seen a lot of the orbs around here.
I've always assumed they were chinese lanterns coming from the chinatowns of Liverpool and Manchester and just blowing this way.

There are these two articles in the local paper about a UFO sighting in 1978.

Did UFO buzz Bold?

Did UFO land in Rainhill?

edit on 14-8-2011 by nephilim37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
From the description, it sounds like they saw something similar to this:

Yeh, it could have been one of them or it could have been a real UFO. We'll never know now.

Just to add to the skin tingling part of the story-

I saw a strange light out the window one night and got my binos out for a better look. I saw a black triangle edge on and got such a fright my skin tingled all over and it felt like my eyes were pulled through the binos in fright. I even phoned a friend and refused to hang up till the object went away. I eventually hung up when I calmed down. Next day I found out I was just looking at some red and white lights from the top of a new oil rig that was on the move down to the north sea. Embarrassing or what?
edit on 14-8-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I live in Wigan, not overly far from St Helens, Liverpool, Manchester, the East Lancs etc and I'm forever seeing strange things in the sky.

Only tonight I was out having a smoke on our apartment balcony when I saw what can only be described as a star like object in the sky. I pointed it out to my very much asleep partner who confidently said it was a plane until I pointed out the fact that if it were a plane, the lights would only be visible from the front of the plane.

As the object went past, it still looked like a star. No visible flashing lights, too low to be a satellite, definitely not a meteorite or anything as such but certainly didn't strike out as being a UFO.

Although I don't know what they look like, if I were to take a guess, it was more like a floating light as if it were some kind of camera. But then that's my 23yo imagination hehe!

Nice work on the thread though, I'm from Bootle in Liverpool so it's kinda local to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Im also from Bootle but now live by Walton Hall park, Moved away 1977.

This is anecdotal, but my daughter swears its true. She is not prone to flights of fancy.

Her and 2 of her friends, one of whom had just qualified in law decided to turn into the view at Everton,
its a high vantage point which overlooks the city with Netherfield Rd just below. As they where getting out of the car a middle aged man about 50yrs who was walking his dog asked them if they had come to see if the UFO is going to return, then he explained that about an hour before a round orange sphere was hovering over Netherfield Rd at eye level to where they where. The police had blocked off Netherfield Rd. I cant be certain of the exact date/year. They had a baby with them at the time ( Courtney) who was 2-3yrs old, she is now 9yrs.
There was never any mention of it on the news or in the local paper(Liverpool Echo).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It deffo wasnt one of those, not in1977.
Didnt they stop flying when the world was in black and white

top topics

join