It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the largest blow-up cone you could build and why could you not build it higher?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Same as a beach ball but giant so much that may even reach as high as 35 miles and explain to me the obsticles please and I shall try to extinguish them. LOL
edit on 14-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Wait, a what? Blow up traffic cone?
2nd

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wait since when does ATS have a sexual information forum...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
Same as a beach ball but giant so much that may even reach as high as 35 miles and explain to me the obsticles please and I shall try to extinguish them. LOL

I did get to 29 miles but the FAA asked me to pull it down. I did however experience a lot of difficulty in maintaining pressure when I exceded the 10 miles boundry. Temperature was also an issue but I solved that by injecting warm air (not hot air, it will float away!!)

I'm currently working on an inflatable water slide which will be mounted to the side of mount Everest, will post when it's up.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

Okay, I am totally lost here, but it sure sounds interesting. Could you perhaps post a link to a picture of what you're talking about here? I just can't seem to picture the description for a real world thing. Help?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
with enough material to build it and enough compressed air and a spacecraft to take it to outer space, you could possibly make it as big as the solar system or even larger, provided you could shield it from asteroids and stuff.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

fill it half way with water in case the sun catches it on fire.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

I think the lack of air pressure in space would make it impossible to inflate a blow-up cone. That's why the lunar rover had metal wheels with no air in them as opposed to rubber tires.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

I think the lack of air pressure in space would make it impossible to inflate a blow-up cone. That's why the lunar rover had metal wheels with no air in them as opposed to rubber tires.

actually they weren't rubber mainly because its would be more affordable to make them with rubber. They used pure platinum for the wheel to maximize cost.
edit on 14-8-2011 by spiderbadarse because: why must it be filled out?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

In fact its quite the opposite, a lack of pressure will allow the balloon to be inflated at much lower pressure thus also require much less air, and thus would be easier than on earth.

as for the metal wheels.

The wheels on the rover were made of wire mesh (piano wire) with titanium cleats for treads. The engineers did not use solid or air-filled rubber tires because they would have been much heavier. The Apollo spacecraft could only carry a fixed amount of weight (mass) so the wire-mesh wheels were important for keeping the weight of the vehicle low.

LINK

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin

I could do this but first you have to tell me why......

top topics

join