It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's message hits America (RTnews)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thanks for the link. Since that portion of the debate was all I saw while packing, I went off of the information I had at the time.

If I forgot to say it, I apologize for misrepresenting his statement earlier.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

Why cannot people see that this is a classic get to be the next POTUS ploy by a candidate. Say all the things that the people like and hey presto you are in!

What party does he represent?

How do you know hes not under instruction from TPTB?

Its a clever ploy to criticise the very people/organisations/establishment etc that are pulling your strings.

No change USA just like with Obama no change. Now its Ron Paul a load of gual no change.

Good luck US. You would be better off with someone who is not under the influence of TPTB. Yes its a lady, she not perfect but I think she would change things for better or worse. You would at least get some change!!!

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
Do US folk actually believe RP is running out of genuine conviction and because he thinks he can win? or as an actual lame duck spoiler to ensure the nomination of another TPTB pre-ordained candidate?

One gets the impression that TPTB might well be ensuring that the 8 year rotating cycle continues by making sure that the outcome of the Republican nomination battle is rather split thus helping the democrats.

If Obama gets re-elected after his world changing promises and everything else that has come to pass then is my supposition correct?

Or if a Republican gets elected POTUS is it because TPTB know that its become all to obvious to the populas that the dice are loaded and that both sides of the coin are infact both heads so they have decided to break the cycle just to throw the populas off the scent?

Either way does that suggest no change and mor status quo and will be discussing the same issues once again in 2 years?
edit on 14-8-2011 by RoguePhilosopher because: syntax and added last line

I thought about that already and the conclusion I came up with is that I am willing to take this chance, based on the alternatives. Also consider the mans history, half a lifetime pursuing liberty and freedom for the people of America, I am willing to accept what he says as truth because he appears to be a much better and more compassionate man than me.

In the end what can we ever accept as truth? We can live in misery or take the leap to try and help ourselves. I never got caught up in the process of determining if RP is being honest, to me, more than anyone else he appears to be truthful and has good intentions for the average American. This is all I ever wanted in a politician and a leader for our country, I am not going to let it slip through my (and Americas) fingers because of some out of control personal concept of skepticism.

Either he is being honest or we are screwed like we always have been, I'm not stupid enough to choose the latter.
edit on 14-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

No problem.

We're up against a lot of intentional misrepresentation and hyperbole (not from you), gotta keep getting his true positions out there for Americans to see since this may be our last chance to get our personal liberty back.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I will believe it when I see it.

Liejunkie is unable to vote

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I dont wan to get to far ahead here but who should be his vice president.
I say herman cain.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Jesse Ventura, there's already a FB page calling for a Paul/Ventura ticket.

Cain could be an option, but he would need to reign in his Islamophobia a bit. Liberty is for all in this country, that's what Ron Paul stands for.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Demoncreeper

The moment anybody is elected, they become a politician. To suggest that just carrying that label automatically makes you dishonest, is really quite a stretch, isn't it? It makes as much sense as buying a car, and having it lose it's value the moment you drive it off the lot. His voting record is consistently along constitutional lines. It's weird that so many posters seem to be hammering at this notion, over and over. Do you have anything to bring to the table to suggest that he's no different than the others? An ever changing voting record in accordance with campaign contributions maybe? Anything, other than him having been elected to office by the people?

Cars and politicians aren't the same. The car wants nothing from you. The car isn't convincing you to buy it. The car is what it is. The salesman is the one trying to build the car up, for you. Make it seem more than it is. To continue your comparison, the salesman would be more like the politician.

Because of the democracy involved in the electoral process, and the democracy involved in senates, bill passing etc...NO individual can "promise" to deliver EVERYTHING on their agenda. They know it. Yet try to sell it anyways.

People were so convinced that Obama was the savior of the BUSH legacy. Turned out well. I've heard his polls are terrible.

I am not an American, but a was a student of political science. Major boring $hit if you ask me. Convoluted with greed now. Anyone involved CAN be labelled as questionable. And should be.

Ron Paul may be a noble man. But he is just a man. Blind faith in him being genuine is ignorant and dangerous.

In reality, I'm just saying, be careful.

In Conspiracy Theory speak, I'll say this: He would not be able to do anything he says anyways. But with his twisted tongue, would continue the depopulation agenda of The Powers That Be,... As he has all of you blinded by his "genuineness"..
haha.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Because of the democracy involved in the electoral process, and the democracy involved in senates, bill passing etc...NO individual can "promise" to deliver EVERYTHING on their agenda. They know it. Yet try to sell it anyways.

I haven't seen him make a promise that he would deliver everything. But any movement towards his policies could turn things around in this country, as opposed to continuing on the same path we've been on for decades, this road is coming to an end.

Ron Paul may be a noble man. But he is just a man. Blind faith in him being genuine is ignorant and dangerous.

I appreciate your point, and will be the first to admit when I'm wrong (I was wrong about Obama). But, it's not blind faith my friend. His voting record speaks for itself, we have 30 years of his service record for all to see. Here's a pretty interesting email that's going around....

“When fascism goes to sleep it looks under the bed for Ron Paul.

He has never taken a government junket.

He does not participat­e in the lucrative Congressio­nal Pension Program.

He returns a portion of his annual Congressio­nal Office Budget every
year.

He has never voted to raise taxes.

He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

He voted no to the bankster bailout.

He voted no to raising the debt ceiling and warned us against
the “Super Congress” part of the legislatio­n that resembles both
an “ Enabling Act” and a “Politburo­.”

He has never voted to restrict gun ownership.

He has never voted to raise Congressio­nal Pay.

He never voted to increase Executive Branch Power.

He will Reinstate The Constituti­on and Save The Republic

He will END the unconstitu­tional FED.

He will phase out the unconstitu­tional IRS beginning immediatel­y

He will limit Big Government in your private affairs

He voted against regulating the Internet

He is the only candidate for President in 2012 who actually served his country.

He was a flight surgeon during Vietnam.

Ron Paul’s popularity is so high among U.S. service members that the Texas
Congressma­n’s presidenti­al campaign has received more money from U.S.
soldiers than any other candidate in the 2012 presidenti­al race.
www...­.thestatec­olumn.com/­capito...-the-mil­itary/

He voted against the Iraq War and warned us against going forward with
an undeclared war.”
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I agree, man. I would LOVE to see the mans words be his actions. Without question.

I didn't mean you in particular, for the blind faith, man. But thank you for the information. That does make me think there could be a nice pile of pillows at the end of the hill, America seems to be falling down, if RP can deliver on some of what he says..

Sometimes, more often than not, I read people preaching "deny ignorance" with their unwavering ignorance. haha. This is a nice change.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I agree, man. I would LOVE to see the mans words be his actions. Without question.

Well, hopefully we'll be able to find out. If we can get the people behind him, we can really test the system and see how far their ability to ignore the will of the people goes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

In Conspiracy Theory speak, I'll say this: He would not be able to do anything he says anyways. But with his twisted tongue, would continue the depopulation agenda of The Powers That Be,... As he has all of you blinded by his "genuineness"..
haha.

Who are the "TPTB" that disagree with Dr. Paul's agenda of ending the Federal Resrve's monopoly over money creation and limiting the Federal Government to what it was a 100 years ago?

Those that believe Americans "deserve " the "American dream" of ever increasing prosperity with ever decreasing productive contribution.

Those that believe the USA exists to control and reshape the world as it sees fit through ever-increasing military spending and intervention in the world.

Those that believe their "interests" cannot be compromised whether just or not.

That is about 90% population of the USA. So yes, the "TPTB" sure don't want to see him in power. It will take serious fooling of the "TPTB" or a real conspiracy to get him into power and allow him to exeute his agenda.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

just look at romney's face when paul's talking about iran and nuclear arsenal in
the region. there. that's a face of sheeple. his brains does not compute. lol.
as if ron paul is talking klingon and poor ol' romney's klingon is like # all.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have a question for Mr. Paul,

in place of big government, do we get big corporations?

we have more control over our local walmarts than we do our state agencys, anyways.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

haha.

Who are the "TPTB" that disagree with Dr. Paul's agenda of ending the Federal Resrve's monopoly over money creation and limiting the Federal Government to what it was a 100 years ago?

Those that believe Americans "deserve " the "American dream" of ever increasing prosperity with ever decreasing productive contribution.

Those that believe the USA exists to control and reshape the world as it sees fit through ever-increasing military spending and intervention in the world.

Those that believe their "interests" cannot be compromised whether just or not.

That is about 90% population of the USA. So yes, the "TPTB" sure don't want to see him in power. It will take serious fooling of the "TPTB" or a real conspiracy to get him into power and allow him to exeute his agenda.

Nice.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If Paul becomes the Republican presidential candidate I'll vote for him. If he doesn't make it, he should run as an Independent! I personally don't like the Republican party any better than the Democrats. I'm ready for a new party to emerge and the Tea Party isn't it.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriciusCaesar

What do you mean in place of? They are one and the same. If you have enough money, you can buy enough politicians to pass unconstitutional laws favoring big corporations, and eliminating competition. Big corporations are the reason our soldiers are dying, to protect their interests abroad. It's alot easier and probably saves them money to bribe a few politicians, instead of hiring a merc firm with enough men to effectively guard their interests in a very hostile environment. Then, they get to use tax payer funded assets, and our FAMILY and FRIENDS, who signed up to defend THIS nation.

We DO NOT have a true free market here. Quantity over quality rules the day. Under Ron Paul, we have a chance to fix that.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
If Paul becomes the Republican presidential candidate I'll vote for him. If he doesn't make it, he should run as an Independent! I personally don't like the Republican party any better than the Democrats. I'm ready for a new party to emerge and the Tea Party isn't it.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

I can't give you a link, but I believe he already mentioned that he will contest as an independent if he doesn't win the Republican nomination.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriciusCaesar

we have more control over our local walmarts than we do our state agencys, anyways.

Corporations can get/remain big only by serving their customers. In the absence of a big government, corporations' customers will be people. So coprorations that satisfy people will remain big, others will fail. There won't be anything "too big to fail".

But yes, corporations can severely curtail the liberty of employees. So if you value your liberty, you either pick a corporation that is acceptable enough to work for or employ youself.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

becuse honestly i dont care...sorry i just dont it was no attack more of an observation anyway

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

really i thought it was funny made me smile

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join