It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone In The Darkness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Do we exist to distract ourselves from the terrifying thought that we are indeed Alone? If the "we are all ONE" theory holds true and we are all part of the same Infinite being that created the Universe, are the existence of friends, lovers, acquaintances, role models, adversaries, competitors and nemeses all an illusion? Many people believe that it is our relationships with others that define who we are; relationships build character, enhance our personalities and enrich our lives more so than achievements or possessions ever could.

But aren't all our relationships a mere illusion? Is the only genuine relationship we have with ourselves? Maybe this is why we choose to experience these different "realms" of existence. We are afraid (or bored) of being Alone in the Darkness.
edit on 13/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I know me. I certainly as hell am not one with everyone...or even most anyone for that matter.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Fascinating!!!

I don't think it really means we are alone ... in fact, it means the opposite. Sure we are all one being, but each other entity is in a different point of space and time, so while they are the same being ultimately, they are living a different dream. I think we are all incarnations of every other being in the Universe.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
I know me. I certainly as hell am not one with everyone...or even most anyone for that matter.

You might think you're not, but you are me and I am you and we are everyone.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
All one does mean you are alone.
Alone is the same word as al-one.

No one will ever feel what you feel, you are alone with that.
We think we come into the world of things as a thing. But really the world appears in you as you. It is all you.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The universe only exists when we observe it, our actual observation causes the universe to come into being.

That is a quantum mechanical scientific fact.

Therefore

Did the universe exist before you were born?

After all, all things exist BECAUSE OF observation and not despite it.

Existence then, an observed reality created in the darkest heart of the observer, who exists alone, scared, in a quantum matrix manifesting a burning world.

Religion, nationhood, tribalism, familiy, replication.

An illusion, a manifested comfort for the observer who faces an eternal dark loneliness..

The very heart and mind of God.
edit on 13-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There can be no loneliness with aloneness.
Loneliness is the belief that some 'other' can remove the feeling.
Peace and joy are unveiled when it is realized there is no other.

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Wrap around your finger the fact that maybe people CAN feel what you feel and that realizing this will reveal a different place we all live on that is untouched.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
yes you are right, The One - God - Yaweh - Allah - whatever you call her, is one big ass self-destructing schizophrenic

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do I exist to distract myself from suffering? Or am I suffering because I distract myself with the belief that "I" exists?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't see it this way. Cause our essence is in everything. So there is no way that you or I can be alone and gone. I believe that everything we create and think. carries our full essence in it. I can tell you certainty that to be connected with you're inner self. Is not darkness. It is the most wonderful feeling there can be. Darkness was created to blind us from the truth. Hence everyone of us is Light. there is no other truth in the universe.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No matter how dark the Darkness becomes I have always found it the most uncanny thing, that there is always a spark of light just off into the distance.

As long as we are living we will know our darkest places contain light; it is right there in front of us no matter what we do.

In the absence of all physical light, I believe we would see the spectrum of Neutrinos as they randomly hit our optic nerve and explode into energy; so even the darkest dark has light.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
No matter how dark the Darkness becomes I have always found it the most uncanny thing, that there is always a spark of light just off into the distance.

As long as we are living we will know our darkest places contain light; it is right there in front of us no matter what we do.

In the absence of all physical light, I believe we would see the spectrum of Neutrinos as they randomly hit our optic nerve and explode into energy; so even the darkest dark has light.

In Taoism, they say that the whitest white seems sullied.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Rum the Sufi from the Discourses of Rumi, #56:

This house is built out of forgetfulness. All
bodies and forms in this world are sustained
through forgetfulness. Even our full-grown bodies
grew by forgetting. But remembrance of God cannot
exist without forgetfulness, for something
must be forgotten before there can be remembrance.
Therefore, faith and unbelief are one and
the same, since one does not exist without the
other. They are indivisible, and God is one. God
is alone and has no partner.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I should add this: God is one. Then there is the Son. Then there is the Holy Ghost. All three of these make up the one God. Think of God as the light in Genesis divided from the darkness. The Son is the Word of John 1, making Him the wave / force of particle physics. Light is both a particle and a wave. All particles have an associated wave. Consciousness makes up the Holy Spirit. Each of us has a piece of this spirit (consciousness). This consciousness is then placed in a soul. Think of the soul like a modem connecting your computer to the information of the cloud. Since God is all three parts of the trinity, so are we. We are a body (particles and waves) making up our substance. We are then enlivened (Animated) by the spirit that is given to us. We are particle (Father), Wave (Son) and Consciousness (Holy Spirit).

We are the prodigal son who is traveling the wilderness in search of our father. Once we realize that He is God, we have arrived at the simple truth. We are part of the family of God. All living things come from the All of God. We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around. All of us are connected to the one source making up all streams. We make our way back to the source by the struggles in life. The first will be last and the last will be first as the Bible says. It also says you must be born again. It is not an option. If you put yourself first in this life by pride against others, you will be last to leave. If you put yourself last in humility and altruism, you will be the first to leave. Simply love God and love others, even your enemies. This is the law and the key to removing the flaming sword protecting the tree of life.

LINK from my blog.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Rum the Sufi from the Discourses of Rumi, #56:

This house is built out of forgetfulness. All
bodies and forms in this world are sustained
through forgetfulness. Even our full-grown bodies
grew by forgetting. But remembrance of God cannot
exist without forgetfulness, for something
must be forgotten before there can be remembrance.
Therefore, faith and unbelief are one and
the same, since one does not exist without the
other. They are indivisible, and God is one. God
is alone and has no partner.

top topics

join