It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twelve Sacred Meditations (will set you free) true ascension, unity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What good does meditation do if it does not help you overcome your mental defilement's of anger, disdain, arrogance, fear and ignorance? What use is striving towards enlightenment if you are not willing to let go of these defilement's? If you want to become enlightened, or "ascend", only to feel superior over others, then you are wasting your time because this desire for superiority will keep you unenlightened.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fizix

wow! somebody woke up on the wrong side of the yoga mat!
Here's the problem, I like to meditate with my eyes closed and there is NOWAY on going to memorize all this. Does that mean i con't ascend?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

exactly, the only purpose of meditation, is to meditate.

to regard a conscious view of self.

but what is it worth looking in, if outside you still act the same.

seems to me the western view of meditation got distorted into a sort of escape pod from the outside world, people dont want to ascend to achieve unity with the universe wich means all of the evil in this world too, they just want to escape from here.

and if those sentient beings cant accept what this world is like, how can they ever accept the whole universe.

death/rebirth is the constant.

people want to achieve sainthood when in reality there is no absolutes. good and evil are concepts of the mind, though they are not found separate.

but i digress

to me, meditation is good yes. self awareness, increased relaxation and stress release. all good things to achieve via meditation.

but anything further?

you re doing it the wrong way

there is no higher state to achieve via meditation directly.

theres no saints either.

even ascended masters were severe, strict and even violent.
if that was the lesson intended for the student to ascribe.

the only transcendence we can really achieve while in this state of being.

is to transcend the notion of good and evil.exactly, the only purpose of meditation, is to meditate.

to regard a conscious view of self.

but what is it worth looking in, if outside you still act the same.

seems to me the western view of meditation got distorted into a sort of escape pod from the outside world, people dont want to ascend to achieve unity with the universe wich means all of the evil in this world too, they just want to escape from here.

and if those sentient beings cant accept what this world is like, how can they ever accept the whole universe.

death/rebirth is the constant.

people want to achieve sainthood when in reality there is no absolutes. good and evil are concepts of the mind, though they are not found separate.

but i digress

to me, meditation is good yes. self awareness, increased relaxation and stress release. all good things to achieve via meditation.

but anything further?

you re doing it the wrong way

there is no higher state to achieve via meditation directly.

theres no saints either.

even ascended masters were severe, strict and even violent.
if that was the lesson intended for the student to ascribe.

the only transcendence we can really achieve while in this state of being.

is to transcend the notion of good and evil.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fizix

Your meditations will seem long and over complicated to most, life is not meant to be as confusing as they. Meditate on The Now, its all we really have.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skydog801
reply to post by Fizix

hey, I did this but not in the complex manner you put forth. I had read thru an old book about astral projection. I laid down for a nap one afternoon and repeated over and over"peace and love". I had cleared all thoughts from my waking mind. I had an out of body exp. which ended in the tunnel so often described in the near death exp.. since then I have been directly connected with God. too many visions and encounters to tell you. to the rest of you which react in the negative about this, good don't believe, the consequences of negative thinking are just deserved. you get back what you put out.

Good stuff. I know exactly what you are talking about. There is much divine light, love and spirit to be given by God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit... at least that is what I have had so graciously gifted upon me when I have genuinely opened myself up to all that is good. There is a great power and energy... nothing is more fulfilling than being filled with this energy that in fact encourages to do good genuinely and from the heart. I hope more people look to love and the spirit of God.

Golden

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fizix

Whilst the silencing of the mind is desired, if you wish you could have a simple mantra of which you repeat over and over such as:-

I resolve to become enlightened for the sake of all living beings

Such will quieten the mind through focus without having to remember or read too much detail as your opening meditations have.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

My enlightenment is going great, thanks for asking. -- Every day I can feel more and more energy, see more and more of this beautiful word that the ignorant can't comprehend and or see. It's amazing really, how much the mind can receive once it's awakened into higher states of consciousness.

How's your awakening coming? Slow I assume.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sorry but meditation is a tool of focus. Focus your mind discipline your body.

Pretty simple stuff. Ascending isn't something you do its something that happens.

You people have no faith. Faith is stronger then your meditation magic. You are so busy getting away from this world that you have forgotten how to accept its beauty in creation and you have forgotten to see it for what it truly is. Try accepting yourself and your body in its current state instead of getting away from it.
edit on 11-9-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Every time i read a thread like this anymore my head wants to explode. This and that about energy and vibrations and all of this nonsense. This is all just insanity. Of course you feel energy and your body is ascending from the physical plane. Jeez. Ground yourself out. Go for run, a long run in the woods, one that exhaust your energy and mind. Then come home and try to sit down and relax and not think about anything for a while. Watch a fire, light some candles, read a book. Detach from this idea for a while and realize how non logical it is and how far off of reality it becomes the further you detach yourself from it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The theory of emptiness is called sunyata. Reality is two-fold. Conventional reality is the world we know, the one the Buddha was referring to. Since nothing exists inherently, or in and of itself, then it can be concluded that it is empty. Ultimate reality is emptiness. To realize ultimate reality and the emptiness of the conventional world is to attain enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sounds very much like

Practicing the Now by Eckert Tolle. Thank you for sharing OP

As for all the know it alls that have replied, i would banish all of you to dodo land for 1000 years for stirring up right vs wrong- good vs bad bipolar thinking patterns....Now I'm acting like you again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join