It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Military/Government insider testimony on the reality of UFOs constitute as proof to you ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have always enjoyed showing sceptics information that cannot be discounted in seconds and that can stimulate a serious discussion.
Personally i find insider testimony can provide the most fruitful debates.

In 2001 Steven M. Greer M.D. ( when he still had alot of credibility in the ufo community) authored the book "DISCLOSURE" containing over five dozen witnesses all willing to stand before a Congressional inquiry.
Whatever your opinion of Dr.Greer the quality of the witnesses and information was exceptional.
Those of you unfamiliar with the book (or legendary Press Conference) should see for yourselves and you might agree with me.

Scientists and high ranking military personnel should treated with respect as should their opinions so what can we conclude from the book.

Are they:

A - Liars.
B - Disinfo Agents.
C - Telling the truth.

It really is as simple as that, it is either the greatest story of all time or a lie.
Remember if only 1% of all insider testimony you have ever heard is true then so is UFO/ET reality.

It is time to stop overcomplicating this issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

The majority of credible "witnesses" used hearsay evidence, no personal experience, no verifiable statements.

And yes, at least one of the "credible witnesses" was lying.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't think being either a scientist or a high ranking military personel makes you any more credible as a source for a "UFO" sighting.

They are still human and are just are as susceptible as any other person on the planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
It is time to stop overcomplicating this issue.

Alternatively, it is time to stop oversimplifying this issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It isn't worth anything without the accompanying photo, memo, piece of metal, or whatever.

In the military, they used to call it "scuttlebutt." Wild rumors about crazy stuff happening, spreading through the ranks, with nothing to support it. And upper level military types aren't immune to it.

Unless they got the goods, all they have is an unverified opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

post by Phage
The majority of credible "witnesses" used hearsay evidence, no personal experience, no verifiable statements.

Here's some personal experience and verifiable statements .

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Colonel Philip Corso

Here is your 1%

Colonel Philip Corso is one of the most important and controversial UFO whistleblowers ever to emerge. The former Army Intelligence officer says he was the number two man in a key Pentagon office which oversaw the exploitation of technologies retrieved from "crashed saucer sites." There is no question Corso worked at the Pentagon in the position that he claims. His 1997 book The Day After Roswell was an international best seller, though many now dispute Corso’s allegations about the role he played in leaking alien technology to American industry.

In 1992, years before anyone else in the UFO field had ever heard of Corso, reporter George Knapp met and interviewed the colonel and heard, for the first time his astounding tale about the military’s knowledge of an ET presence on Earth. Knapp also recorded the first on-camera interview with Corso, conducted more than a year before Corso’s book was released. A few pieces from that interview have been shown publicly, but the full interview hasn’t been seen by anyone else. The 1996 interview covers Corso’s amazing career, his hands-on involvement with pieces of technology taken from crash sites, his other encounters with the UFO mystery, and his knowledge of an ongoing coverup.

But the best case for me happened in Brazil:

Uyrangê Hollanda Lima. Brazil.
- OPERATION SAUCER - Colonel Hollanda (Actual Report) (25m 42s) (352x240)
This is NOT a "TV Version" or a "Simulation".

Video

A brazilian Colonel reports everything about the "Operation Saucer" (or Operation Plate) that took place in the Amazon Area in 1977. The DISCLOSURE happened in 1997. Some few weeks later Cel. Hollanda was found HANGED at his own bed. It's said it was a suicide but the doubts will ever remain.

ATT: Listen and watch carefully the words and face expressions of Cel. Hollanda between 09:38 and 10:30 (here at this video). Well... knowing him as I knew (I can't say we were "Friends"; no) I dare saying that "THERE'S SOMETHING THERE". See his "sarcastic" smile and face expression when he tells about HOW MANY FILMS they had, to whom they belonged, how etc...
CAN THERE EXIST A HIDDEN ("lost") FILM ?
CAN THERE EXIST SOME HIDDEN PHOTOS ?
Many Agents that were there are still alive...
They were all IMPLANTED (even Cel. Hollanda)

edit on 12-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

And YES The DISCLOSURE happened in 1997.
edit on 12-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It has been speculated that any government documents pertaining to UFOs in an Extraterrestrial reference are misinformation, to offset suspicion of "shadow" technology IE secret terrestrial crafts.

link   
He claims there is an ongoing coverup, but he's allowed to write and publish a book about things he knows?

Makes no sense to me.

link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes. Tehran is in interesting case.
But it is not insider information. It is not "disclosure".

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Remember if only 1% of all insider testimony you have ever heard is true then so is UFO/ET reality.

Actually, if only 0.000000001%, then it's still true. Unfortunately, people will never believe a "testimony" about something so "silly". My wife infuriates me all the time by saying "But how do you know they are telling the truth?". And that's the problem, there's no way to tell for sure. Testimonies will never be enough.

link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Colonel Philip Corso

By his own admission he was a military intelligence spook. And once a spook, always a spook. It wouldn't be too hard for him to have done one last job for the company before he died.

And again, where are the goods? Too bad he didn't slip a bit of alien tech in his pocket. Because otherwise, all he had was a story. We don't just believe people with only stories.

link   

Are they:

A - Liars.
B - Disinfo Agents.
C - Telling the truth.

You forgot one:

D - They are mistaken or misinterpreted what they saw.

PS: the other options are not exclusive either, people can be liars and disinfo agents and, sometimes, tell the truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You could make a better argument without referencing Greer.

Is there *proof* of UFOs? Certainly

Is there *proof* of the aliens claimed by Greer? No

The best accounts are easily available and none of the apparent witnesses claim to be 'insiders' or 'whistleblowers.'

'Insider testimony' is like slang for BS.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Rockefeller owns the National Press Club which this Disclosure Project was funded.

Correct?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousEnigma
Testimonies will never be enough.

Testimony is a good place to start. If you get a lot of people telling odd stories about something, then it definitely becomes worth investigating to find something else that might provide actual, verifiable proof. Unfortunately, people are way too ready to jump to a conclusion about something and then try to bend and twist the evidence to fit their pre-conceived notions.

I believe there have been a lot of people who are good observers with no agendas who have accurately described unusual things. But none of them have been able to pin down what those things truly are, or mean.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
All those ex military and astronauts from the disclosure project seemed pretty damn reliable. It was like over 15 highly decorated officers

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I hold the buzz from the 1950s just about sealed the deal things were flying around.
Not having much more than hearsay on the radio that aliens were involved sort of
left the what its up to another time. Some good sighting put shapes on the ships
and made the possible conclusion unknown ships are flying that people are reluctant
to disclose. Yeah these super ships that defy imagination are real but can not be
disclosed since officials and writers are yelling ET from the start.
But now we know what they are up to because the power from the environment
is tapped by these ship and thats a bad thing as every ET advocate will attest.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Between everything that has been going on throughout the years with all the highly decorated military/ pilots, astronauts,etc saying that theres a cover up, plus how big this universe is and how little we know about it, you'd have to seriously just be a moron to not accept the fact there other crap out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Between everything that has been going on throughout the years with all the highly decorated military/ pilots, astronauts,etc saying that theres a cover up, plus how big this universe is and how little we know about it, you'd have to seriously just be a moron to not accept the fact there other crap out there.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join