It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Jim Jones plotted to hijack & crash plane into SF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Suspected CIA-asset Jim Jones plotted to hijack a commercial airliner and crash it into San Francisco. The appointed hijacker pilot was told that they didn’t have to learn how to land, only how to fly.

Gee, where have we heard that scenario before?!

Jim Jones Plotted 9/11-Like Attack

Cult leader wanted to crash a plane into San Francisco

By Scott James on August 11, 2011

Twenty-five years before the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001, a religious extremist plotted to hijack a commercial airliner — filled with 200 or so unsuspecting passengers — and deliberately crash it.

The target was San Francisco
. And the would-be perpetrator was not a jihadist, but the man who would become one of history’s more infamous villains: the cult leader Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple, whose headquarters was then on Geary Boulevard in San Francisco.

With the hijacking plot, described in a coming book and recently confirmed by a former Peoples Temple leader, Jones is said to have wanted to cause death on a scale that the world would not soon forget. He called it “revolutionary suicide,” a warped vision of religious martyrdom he would ultimately fulfill two years later, in 1978, with cyanide poisonings and shootings in Jonestown, Guyana, that left 918 people — most of them church members — dead.

The San Francisco hijacking plot progressed to the point where beginning in 1975, Maria Katsaris, 21, a close associate and lover of Jones, attended the Sierra Academy of Aeronautics in Oakland. Academy records confirm that a church paid her tuition.

*Mod Snip*

Source: The Bay Citizen

1st comment on this article:

Scott James
wrote on 08/12/2011 at 9:49 a.m. PDT

With permission, I'm posting this comment sent to me from a reader in Texas:

-----

So we can add Jim Jones to:

Frank Corder, who stole a Cessna and tried to fly it into the Clinton White House.

Samuel Byck, who hijacked a plane in an assassination attempt on the Nixon White House.

Tom Clancy's "Debt of Honor" in which a Japanese pilot flies an airliner into the Capitol.

"The X-Files" spin-off "The Lone Gunmen" in which a remote controlled airliner attempts to fly into the World Trade Center.

The Kamakaze pilots of WWII.

"The Simpsons" episode "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" in which Sideshow Bob attempts to crash a hijacked plane into Krusty's TV studio.

"Escape from New York" in which a hijacked plane is crashed in Manhattan.

Air France Flight 8969 in which hijackers attempted to crash an airliner into the Eiffel Tower.

Probably not a complete list, but at least we don't need to add Condi Rice: "I don’t think anybody could have predicted that these people.. would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile."

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Only 15% or 3 paragraphs of the article– Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/12/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

And? Hijacking planes and purposely crashing planes is not new. Shrug.

I hate to even ask where you are getting the Jim Jones, CIA asset stuff from.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Nothing was more satisfying then to see liberals run screaming from Jones after the Kool Aid was drunken! They have done a pretty decent job at hiding that bit from their legacy of social activism. Dont see Daniel Ellsberg putting his many speeches at the "People's Temple" on his resume anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So, instead of investigating criminal wrongdoing by their parent organization, the Department of Just-us, and the ATF, the FBI is still investigating a man who died 35 years ago for a plot that never saw fruition. That's pretty typical you ask...

HEY LOOK! A PONY!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
So, instead of investigating criminal wrongdoing by their parent organization, the Department of Just-us, and the ATF, the FBI is still investigating a man who died 35 years ago for a plot that never saw fruition. That's pretty typical you ask...

HEY LOOK! A PONY!

Uh, I don't think the FBI is still investigating. At most they probably responded to FOIA request from the author. I didn't see anywhere in there that would indicate that it was an active federal investigation about Jim Jones or the people's temple.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Outstanding post OP.

This shows a real continuity in the development of recurrent FALSE FLAG operations over the decades.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Didnt you know that every criminal and every significant criminal event for like the past 1500 years can be linked directly to the CIA? Everyone knows that!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by ATH911

I hate to even ask where you are getting the Jim Jones, CIA asset stuff from.

Part comes from the Pulitzer-winning journalist Jack Anderson. Part 5 of the excellent documentary series “evidence of revision” is mostly about the Jonestown massacre and provides historical footage.

Jonestown was build on an area, where the CIA had previously trained Angolan death squads. The CIA had a file on Jim Jones, and Jones was a next-door neighbour and life long friend to Dan Mitrione. Mitrione is a known CIA agent and torture instructor.

There were also huge amount of mind altering drugs found on the compound, which are similar to others used in various MKULTRA-programs.

Richard Dwyer, the Deputy Chief of Mission of the U.S. Embassy to Guyana worked in all likelihood for the CIA. He accompanied the murdered Congressman Leo Ryan. Dwyer is named by Jim Jones on the audio tapes he recorded on the day of the massacre. Jones advised his followers: "Take Dwyer on down to the east house" and a short time later, Jones says "Get Dwyer out of here before something happens to him."

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Jim Jones was CIA - I really believe that Jonestown was just an extention of MK-ULTRA. They were looking at ways that liberals were radicalized.

For one thing, the CHURCH was pretty atheistic, though i still hear people all the time talk about religious nuts. Jim Jones was pretty vocal about not believing in God, but he did believe in faith healings and people get this mixed up, b/c, at least in the deep south, the faith healing 'thing' is associated with Pentecostal Christians. I ask people ALL the time what religion JJ was, and they say "He was a Pentecostal Christian wasn't he? Some religious nut?"

And it wasn't a mass suicide - it was MURDER. Kill the kids and yes, some people might willingly die, but too many of those people were murdered to call it mass suicide.

And what does the FBI know? They might know bits and pieces but it's the CIA that you want to get the records from - if there are any to get. Anything deep the FBI tried to do would have been blocked.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So in 25 years the CIA will share the info they withheld about Sept 11th hijackers?

That will be rad.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Didnt you know that every criminal and every significant criminal event for like the past 1500 years can be linked directly to the CIA? Everyone knows that!

Wow Truther math.....!

Hum pretty good stuff considering USA only 235 years old and CIA 65. Next will find out George Washington
was part of Secret Masonic Plot to take over world.....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

There were also huge amount of mind altering drugs found on the compound, which are similar to others used in various MKULTRA-programs.

Wow mind altering drugs found in death cult compound.....

Does this included the Kool Aid....?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
reply to post by ATH911

Outstanding post OP.

This shows a real continuity in the development of recurrent FALSE FLAG operations over the decades.

Agreed.

How can it get more obvious that 9/11 was a false flag op with "bizarre coincidences" like this?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ATH911

This was stated by Mueller, Bush and Rice.

Probably not a complete list, but at least we don't need to add Condi Rice: "I don’t think anybody could have predicted that these people.. would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile."

Why no know-it-all comment regarding this snaffu you conveniently bypassed?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I was thinking last night as I went to sleep - you know - there was some plan about flying the planes into the buildings that was referenced as being developed before 911. It was, I think - developed in SOUTH AMERICA for the CIA. Wasn't it? Something vague and whispy is poking at my brain but I just can't pull it out.

Be something though, wouldn't it somehow that little thing and THIS information could tie Jim Jones further to the CIA.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
here was some plan about flying the planes into the buildings that was referenced as being developed before 911. It was, I think - developed in SOUTH AMERICA for the CIA. Wasn't it?

That would be very interesting if true.

Please research that further.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Heard a while back he was training MK Ultra assassins and the project got away from him and had to be shut down. Nothing surprises me from the CIA.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Let's not forget Waco.

Both incidents proved that both liberals and conservatives are equally insane.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

reply to post by ATH911

This was stated by Mueller, Bush and Rice.

Why no know-it-all comment regarding this snaffu you conveniently bypassed?

I don't see why it matters. So Condi Rice never thought of people hijacking planes and crashing them into buildings, big deal. I am sure she is not alone.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't see why it matters. So Condi Rice never thought of people hijacking planes and crashing them into buildings, big deal. I am sure she is not alone.

Hannibal...if Condi didn't know, what was she doing in in her job? And she wasn't just speaking for herself, she was speaking for everyone.

“I don’t think anybody could have predicted that these people…would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile,”

www.dailyhowler.com...

She was lying, and you know it.

top topics

join