It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night's debate - Santorum - Is anyone really voting for this guy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If you are I am certainly not posting this to belittle you. In fact I am quite interested though on why you would vote for him?

He is the biggest supporter of Israel I have personally ever seen in my life. Astounding.

He can't wrap his head around the fact that the USA starts the turmoil in the middle east. He thinks they just want to come after us for being the USA. I don't believe this is even close to the truth.

Then he has the audacity to call RP out. That was the last straw for me. This is especially the case because you could tell that he knew he was lying ( IMO ) and he was doing everything he could to keep the smirk off of his face.

If you enjoy war and standing "shoulder to shoulder" with Israel this is your guy. But seriously, can anyone point out any positive things that this guy brings to the table? Just one?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4LifeIf you enjoy war and standing "shoulder to shoulder" with Israel this is your guy. But seriously, can anyone point out any positive things that this guy brings to the table? Just one?

I liked the fact that, during the debate, when he was being mostly ignored, he did put his hand up and say 'Hey, I'm over here.'

Just goes to show how these debates never give equal air time, and finally someone got fed up with it.

Maybe this will change the platform to a more level playing field in future debates.

The way they do these things now is complete chaos.

Oh.. what he had to say.. Didn't care for it much.
edit on 8/12/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Originally posted by Dance4Life
If you enjoy war and standing "shoulder to shoulder" with Israel this is your guy.

But seriously, can anyone point out any positive things that this guy brings to the table? Just one?

Yes. He makes funny faces as though he's constipated. Its entertaining to watch.

Also, how did you learn to DJ, self taught?
edit on 12-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Agreed.

While I can't stand Santorum's views on a good many topics, I did appreciate him and Newt pointing out how horrid the "debate" format is.

I was actually dwelling on ways to improve it this morning, actually. I think they've definitely got to get to asking pertinent questions and then actually allowing all the candidates to address each question & each other in response - and the minute-and-a-half time limit has to go. There is no valid way for pretty much any candidate to really provide their thoughts and justification for any of their views for everyone else to understand, unless they simply HAVE no valid opinion on the topic.

As many have already said, these are barely debates. What little actual debate that springs up is quickly quashed by time limits and moving on. It is very much "teh suck".

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

At this point it is not about votes but monetary donations from people with money to throw away to continue a campaign.

Most of those on stage for this first debate will not be around when the campaigning lies start next year because their donation pool will dry up.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I enjoy the faces. Really makes an effort to look like something is stuck up his rear. Btw, most of the story goes outside the bounds of the T&C here :/

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I think Newt started well. I think he was 3/4 drunk though by the end there lol.

Not sure what to think of him actually. I have to do more research on his past.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Many of the very same exact views standing up there last night. Not a whole lot between them except for a lovers quarrel and Iran.

top topics

join