It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious People Are Starting To Realize That We May Be Looking At World War III

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Business Insider

Noting liberal despair over the government's inability to combat economic depression, and conservative skepticism that traditional tools will be effective, John Judis of The New Republic argues that a global depression far longer and more severe than anyone expected now seems nearly impossible to avoid. Judis believes that the coming "depression" will be accompanied by geopolitical upheaval and institutional collapse.

"As the experience of the 1930s testified, a prolonged global downturn can have profound political and geopolitical repercussions. In the U.S. and Europe, the downturn has already inspired unsavory, right-wing populist movements. It could also bring about trade wars and intense competition over natural resources, and the eventual breakdown of important institutions like European Union and the World Trade Organization. Even a shooting war is possible."

Daniel Knowles of the Telegraph has noticed a similar trend. In a post titled, "This Really Is Beginning To Look Like 1931," Knowles argues that we could be witnessing the transition from recession to global depression that last occurred two years after the 1929 market collapse, and eight years before Germany invaded Poland, triggering the Second World War.

Well, I'm a serious people and I don't think this would lead to WWIII, at least not yet. Also, I don't equate this with the 1930s, it's still too soon to tell. Yes, I agree that ongoing financial crisis could lead to war, but not necessarily World War 3.

From my perspective, even though the economy is bad enough for some countries, it's not bad enough for the entire world. There's no major incident currently happening that can trigger a war of that scale. So I have to say, this crisis still could be resolved as bad as it is. Unless of course someone does planning for war since the beginning.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It would perhaps be too expensive for bankrupt countries to pay for a war...

however the market seems to serve the purpose of Rothschilds, Morgan, Goldman Sachs and co, who had a major hand in the great depression, by firstly lending money to buy shares, and then calling in the loans all at once (which prompted mass selling) etc etc ad nauseum

they say Hitler started planning his expansion in 1926

they say WW3 has been planned since the time of "whatshisname" who was the grand poobah of the masons in the 19th centruy - I think his name is Pike

"you shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24)

cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
time has changed
serious people didn't

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Strategic battles leading up to the big one have included Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, ect, all little manouevres against China and Russia.
God help us if ww3 does come,the hell of all hells.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I am no expert, just an honest guy trying to make an honest living blessed with common sense. But, WW3 is going to be between the "people" and the world governments, not country against country...it is the people against their own country, or (people vs. NWO). It is already ON!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yes world war 3 in the conventional sense will probably never happen again. It may take the form of economics however and be fought in the realm of stock markets but there is no reason for world war 3 since the world has become so globalized.

Any country's going to all out war will end up losing more than they would gain making it pointless. There will still be wars of course but not on the scale we've seen in the past.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Also, I don't equate this with the 1930s, it's still too soon to tell. Yes, I agree that ongoing financial crisis could lead to war, but not necessarily World War 3.

Then you don't know that the last time we saw swings even close to the last 7 days were the beginning of the '08 recession and the great depression. The swings are so massive, which shows just how volatile markets are right now. No one knows what to expect right now, and everyones waiting for the next piece of news, either way it's almost guaranteed that we will have another swing south tomorrow. Too much resistance, and a continueing onslaught of bad news.
edit on 12-8-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
There will still be wars of course but not on the scale we've seen in the past.

The seeds have already been sown, there will be mass civil wars.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

I could see that happening as they've already started.

There won't be a massive world war however with one side against the other.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsRage
I am no expert, just an honest guy trying to make an honest living blessed with common sense. But, WW3 is going to be between the "people" and the world governments, not country against country...it is the people against their own country, or (people vs. NWO). It is already ON!

That would be a civil war I believe...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Actually I think that would be considered a rebellion.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
get your compounds built and fortified... Load up the ammo and fight as long as u can

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Does anybody want to start a rebellion? Grass roots hippy bow and arrow wielding type.

Im serious.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

not sure how well thats gonna hold up against the artillery and mobility of the opposition.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

1984?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Well, I'm a serious people and I don't think this would lead to WWIII, at least not yet. Also, I don't equate this with the 1930s, it's still too soon to tell. Yes, I agree that ongoing financial crisis could lead to war, but not necessarily World War 3. From my perspective, even though the economy is bad enough for some countries, it's not bad enough for the entire world. There's no major incident currently happening that can trigger a war of that scale. So I have to say, this crisis still could be resolved as bad as it is. Unless of course someone does planning for war since the beginning.

Yes, I know the whole world is not involved in war, but at what point is it considered a world war? How many countries does the U.S. need to be knee deep in crap "protecting" us before it's proclaimed WWIII?
It may not be close to qualifying yet, but imho we already have one hell of a head start.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
That would be a civil war I believe...

Well if you take a broad perspective you could say that WW1 and WW2 were in part European civil wars. They were world wars because the fighting was all over the world though.

Civil wars also tend to be not so cut off from the rest of the world.

For example, did you know that Imperial Russia basically saved the Union's bacon in the US civil war, by keeping the British Empire from backing the South? It was mostly diplomatic pressure, but they even used their navy to bust blockades in the Northern industrial cities that would have been extremely problematic for the Union. The British people were rooting for the Union but the government wanted to keep the US fractured.

If there were 'civil wars' all over the world, international players would be taking sides in probably every single one of them and throwing fuel on the fire. In some cases the same people would back both sides just to keep the chaos and killing going.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Without real wealth creation schemes (new jobs etc) I think we are sitting at a fork in the road and have two roads open to us, one that leads to open rebellion while the other leads to a massive manufactured war.

We can see which road the general public seem to want to take... and I guess we know which road the establishment will take to maintain their grip on power...

I guess I feel this will become apparent when the system next crashes, and that gets closer by the day.
edit on 12/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

only because we the people act like we are ready for war also all this talk we keep going on makes us appear weak. Making them more likly to go through with it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join