It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your phone numbers on Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I got this from my Facebook account
I checked it out and sure enough all my friends phone numbers were there..taken from their phones
If you have a Face book account follow these instructions to delete these numbers..

ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE are now on Facebook! go to the top right of the screen, click on ACCOUNT, click on EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. You will see all phone numbers (FB friends or not) are published that you have stored in your mobile phone. TO REMOVE, go to Right column, follow the "this page." link, and hit the remove button. Please repost this on your status, so your friends can remove their #'s

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Think i saw a thread like this earlier, its pretty sneaky i must say, its probably legal though its written in fine print on some page because you use their app on your phone they are allowed to access that information. Its pretty doddgy though

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Damn! I just saw my old friend's facebook. We cut ties because feelings faded...so now I feel like adding her but at the same time I don't. damn. but thanks nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Do you guys remember when the White House "invited" Bill Gates to D.C.? The next thing was the feds were trying to destroy him and then Bill Gates & his wife started giving an astronomical amount of money to charity. Zuckenburg or whatever his name his...Mr. Facebook goes to the White House and all of a sudden facebook is a threat, the guys sister get's out of there...Microsoft said a big "FU" and got problems from it, Facebook sold out for $! Google has already admitted to giving personal info to TPTB! What else do you need, a front door knocked down? Thank GOD I erased all of my web social accounts! Except for ATS that is.

edit on 11-8-2011 by OrionsRage because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by OrionsRage because: Simple grammar errors...LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hope you dont mind but I copied the second paragraph of your OP to my FB page.

Trowa

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoticf8
Think i saw a thread like this earlier, its pretty sneaky i must say, its probably legal though its written in fine print on some page because you use their app on your phone they are allowed to access that information. Its pretty doddgy though

It's funny you mention that... I deleted the app from my phone over three months ago. So, that means they've apparently had my contact information since then because I restored my suspended account, saw the contacts with names and all sitting right there. So, I deleted the feature, and signed my account up to be "deleted." I'm glad I didn't really have anything on there besides some simple day to day communications with people over super trivial stuff.

It makes me wonder though. What else was facebook tracking? Hmm...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Hope you dont mind but I copied the second paragraph of your OP to my FB page.

Trowa

Thank you..thats exactly why I made the post so people could stop this ..tell your friends to post it as well..I suspose I gave them permission when i clicked I Agree long ago .
If we dont stop this then expect advertiseing calls crank calls and even identity theft .

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Yeh I actually stopped reading, copied went to FB and posted this, then came back and asked afterward without reading the whole thing first, Sorry everyone being an ATS member I should know better.
. But yeah done and done and may I add for shame facebook, for shame.

Trowa

top topics

join