It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran names street after Rachel Corrie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by filosophia

lol I would not mind visiting either place. I think they are both about equal, except I have not heard of any tourists being held on charges of espionage in Israel.

But, in my opinion, both are equally viable as tourist destinations.

Well I don't think the "hikers" were really tourists as that is just ridiculous. What American goes hiking in Iran? And what American does not realize that it's probably dangerous to go hiking anywhere in the middle east?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know what to think. Well, yes I do.
In America, the cops would have come by, beat the *snip* out of you and taken you to jail.
In China, the tanks mowed down the several thousand demonstrators in Tiananmen Square.
In Iraq, Saddam, gassed and shot millions.
Here is the Youtube vid.

I do feel that naming a street after her is brilliant propaganda.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
dont iran not allow womens rights or even let women drive? im suprised if it is true that their is a street named after a female american, their anti-american as you can get apparently

Iran is no role model for women's rights. But I believe you are confusing them with Saudi Arabia. The Saudis rule there females with an iron fist. Women get blamed for rape in Saudi Arabia. And of course USA is buddy buddy with the Saudis with never a bad thing to say about them. USA sends a ton of aid in the form of cash and military hardware too. Just another day in the Twilight Zone.

<< 1   >>

join