It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran names street after Rachel Corrie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Iran names street after Rachel Corrie

m.guardian.co.uk

Tehran city council has named a street after an American activist who was crushed to death by an Israeli military bulldozer in the Gaza Strip in 2003, a local newspaper has reported.
The report in the Hamshahri, a daily affiliated with Tehran's authorities, said the council has named the street Rachel Aliene Corrie. It said the sign would be placed in the city centre, but did not say when it would be displayed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com
edition.presstv.ir

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I know on the grand scheme of things this is pretty minor, but this sure is a slap in the face to the Israeli government. Especially since Iran does not recognize Israel, but recognizes Palestine as a state. The timing is great too with the upcoming declaration of a Palestinian state in September. We all know Israel hates to be humiliated by the media, which usually sides with them on most issues. I'm surprised any mainstream sources even covered this. At least Rachel's cause is still being supported even after her barbaric death. I'm sure this is great news for her family. She died for a noble cause, recognition is deserved.

m.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I dont like no elite banking systems or the pyramid or the secret societies or the mossad or the cia or the occult symbolism associated with the zionists and israelites or their greed and selfishness and enslavement and sacrifice for the so called chosen people.

GO IRAN GO!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Amen to that brother!

LOL at Iran becoming a beacon of justice when it comes to geo-politics.

What a world we live in.

Go Iran go!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
With any luck, they can hold a pancake luncheon in her honor as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
All I can say is that I applaud Iran for this.

Nothing else. S & F.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well done Iran and thanks for sharing this news.
Did the US government do anything about what happened to Rachel ?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

No problem, glad to share.

I believe the US government placed the blame on Rachel and the organization she was with. As usual Israel can do no wrong in the eyes of the US gov.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the pro-Zionist crowd to show up and say she deserved it. Tends to happen a lot whenever she is mentioned on ATS. Or we will be called terrorist supporters

edit on 11-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I sense a Rachel Corrie smear campaign coming up in the Zionist controlled media.

"She was a threat to Israeli national security, she had to be stopped!"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

There has been a media smear campaign against her since the beginning, but no doubt this will help refuel the fire. I think her family has done a great job of handling this in the public eye. I wonder if they will make any public announcements on their opinion of this.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by RizeorDie

Amen to that brother!

LOL at Iran becoming a beacon of justice when it comes to geo-politics.

What a world we live in.

Go Iran go!

My feelings exactly.

I would think that with enough support for causes like this, Iran would even be able to garner a great deal of support from US citizens who are globally aware. All they would have to do is increase all international visibility to the injustices and crimes Israel is responsible for, and sit back and watch as the US media scrambles like mad to portray Iran as an evil nation.

A country whose people sympathize with Iran will have a military that is hard-pressed into stirring up war with Iran.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
can't be! rachel corrie wasn't muslim and iran wants all non muslims dead!!!!

/sarcasm

this story made my day. i'm surprised we don't have a street or park named after her here in america.

go iran.

s&f

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Corruption Exposed

While I do not agree with what she was defending, how in the hell does one sleep at night knowing one intentionally crushed someone with a bulldozer? To me, that is unfathomable. There had to be another way. That is just wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
why would they do that?

because they care about americans?

it's all propaganda. let the hikers go.

they are slapping the face of israel and the us.

i am not fooled.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Israel has a street named Rothschild Blvd, Iran has a street named Rachel Corrie, if you ever travel to the middle east I have a guess as to which is the better place to go.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

lol I would not mind visiting either place. I think they are both about equal, except I have not heard of any tourists being held on charges of espionage in Israel.

But, in my opinion, both are equally viable as tourist destinations.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't know (or care) if this is meant to be an Iranian insult to Israel but I find it touching. I followed the story Of Ms. Corrie and her tragic untimely death at the hands of the IDF. I couldn't help but cry. There are several good documentaries about the situation and, man--it's some heavy sh#t.

Rachel Corrie was a heck of a girl and didn't deserve to be crushed. No one does. But this fine woman was a true humanitarian and sacrificed everything with no want for reward.
edit on 8/11/2011 by SimultaneousFinal because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

It may have been intended as a slap in the face of Israel (maybe not) but I think it is a display of maturity when it comes to the US. Iranians aren't who you think they are. At least they can look past nationality to honor someone who sacrificed everything for the worthiest of causes. I'm really touched by this.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
dont iran not allow womens rights or even let women drive? im suprised if it is true that their is a street named after a female american, their anti-american as you can get apparently

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join